• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSN: Gamers are Fighting Back Against "Hogwarts Legacy" with a Trans-Friendly Fantasy Game Pack-"Trans Witches are Witches"

Nihilum

Z1XBTQO.jpg

poodaddy

Wtf is a Terf?
A term only idiots use non ironically. Trans exclusionary radical feminist. Women who believe in women's rights, and that a man can't be a man for 40 years, take some hormones, throw on a skirt, and say "yeah we deserve better!"

In other words, they're just feminists. Feminists can be annoying, yes, but I don't have an issue with feminists being pro women, in fact that seems....quite on brand. The purple haired hairy legged square jawed polka dot dress wearing weirdos don't like that they can't claim some of that sweet, sweet victim sympathy with the feminists. Poor lads, oh shit excuse me, lasses.

Poor You GIF by Judge Judy

Valentino

Two teenagers here in the UK have just been charged with murdering a trans girl, in a park.

Without trying to make light of the situation, I'm willing to bet a house search of the two accused won't turn up any copies of Hogwarts Legacy ...
I saw a tweet saying it was JK’s fault for the murders. Which after seeing said tweet put this pit feeling in my stomach. I can’t tell if it was from shock or if it was from cringe though. SOME of these trans activists are ruining it for their community. It’s not clever activism, it’s not smart, it’s cringe, absurd, and completely crossing the line. JK’s tweets don’t have any implication of hate, nor influence. I don’t feel bad for saying, but as a gay guy, I’ve never had any views on trans. I’ve been around the trans community for years. Basically meaning I’ve just seen them as every other person. Let’s just say the trans community has given me a more questionable (maybe negative?) view on PART of the community. More so than JK ever did.

These yahoos have brought so much extra attention to the game with their "boycott". It's only boosting sales.

I have no interest in Harry Potter, yet I wanted to buy the game just to show support for J. K. Rowling.

As it turns our, my wife is a huge Harry Potter fan and would have made me buy it anyway. Which works out, as the game is a genuinely good game, despite me thinking the world of HP is ridiculous and dumb.

Gambit2483

poodaddy poodaddy You know it's possible to be for one group while not condemning an entire other group because of the actions of a few. Not all transwomen are square jawwed 40 years old in polkadot dresses or even agree with other Trans people on this subject.

Yes, some of them are annoying, seemingly ignorant and hypocritical....but you could say that about almost any group of people.

Last edited:

poodaddy

poodaddy poodaddy You know it's possible to be for one group while not condemning an entire other group because of the actions of a few. Not all transwomen are square jawwed 40 years old in polkadot dresses or even agree with other Trans people on this subject.

Yes, some of them are annoying, seemingly ignorant and hypocritical....but you could say that about almost any group of people.
Yeah, I know you're right brother and I'm sorry for coming off like that. For what it's worth I've had more than a few trans acquaintances over the years, one I'd even call a friend. Hard not to when you live in Seattle for 12 years. I understand they're not all like the very loud vocal minority, but man do the annoying ones absolutely bogard the internet discourse. I do apologize for coming off like that, I fundamentally love all people believe it or not, and I do support trans rights, but I fucking hate bullies, and it seems like every time someone gets bullied in recent years it's been a trans organization or community spearheading the bullying. It's starting to really get to me.

Crayon

I need an explainer i think.... JK sayed theres just 2 genders right? Trans people have the need to transist into the opposit gender couse they feel wrong in their bodys. This still makes it 2 genders, right? So why is JK transphob with her 2 gender post she made?
Like really i don't get it.
Maybe i'm simply to stupid to see why this is transphob at all.

It started off like that. Not to say it wasn't a big deal. Activists absolutely exploded when she said that. But in the time since, she has sort of made it her project to be the face of gender-criticals. Not that there's anything wrong with that. So she's been actively locking horns with people online since the initial (pretty tepid) comments. She's done things like help make a women's shelter that is born-female only (nothing wrong with that, eitherr) that sort of escalate the online conflict. Also released a novel about a crossdresser who preys on women (probly getting a little iffy there lol). Her position is absolutely valid but a lot of people like to point out the initial tweets as if they are the source of everything when in reality she's become more involved since then.

As far as what does transphobe mean... sigh. It's more or less in the eye of the beholder at this point. Put another way, the word has lost meaning.

Last edited:

hinch7

A term only idiots use non ironically. Trans exclusionary radical feminist. Women who believe in women's rights, and that a man can't be a man for 40 years, take some hormones, throw on a skirt, and say "yeah we deserve better!"

In other words, they're just feminists. Feminists can be annoying, yes, but I don't have an issue with feminists being pro women, in fact that seems....quite on brand. The purple haired hairy legged square jawed polka dot dress wearing weirdos don't like that they can't claim some of that sweet, sweet victim sympathy with the feminists. Poor lads, oh shit excuse me, lasses.

Poor You GIF by Judge Judy
Thanks. And cheers everyone. All over a single Tweet. So daft.

But yeah, all the nomencalures and terms made up doesn't overwrite science and biology.

Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin I'm not going to even ask :messenger_tears_of_joy: All these acronyms.. I can't.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
If that's what they need to do to enjoy this game all the power to them.

Anyone who likes games should be playing this.

It brings back some of the magic (pun intended) that video games seem to miss lately.

Last edited:

Dane

I'm hetero so I'm not affected but it seems really weird to me how hostile and aggressive trans activists are, considering it's only ~0.3% of the population.
Of course, minorities need protection but the other 99.7% of the population don't have to bend over backwards to make the minority feel comfortable.

I have 0 issues with trans people, also have 0 issues with them getting all the help and/or healthcare they need.
Should my little daughter one day decide that she wants to be a boy, I would love her just the same.
That said, this overly aggressive trans-activism over stupid shit like Harry Potter or Cyberpunk actually turns me against them.

Western Societies have been extremely welcoming to LGBTQ matters in the past decades, it's not perfect but a lot of progress has been made.
How bout focussing the activism on places where gays and trans people get excecuted or tortured?
Can't have "activism" if there's nothing to complain, they instead complain of non existent shit as if society went 100 years backwards.

Kagey K

Banned
Can't have "activism" if there's nothing to complain, they instead complain of non existent shit as if society went 100 years backwards.
This is a society that proves everyone is bored.

So they pit people against each other in order to fill that need for survival we have in our genes.

Last edited:

Exede

It started off like that. Not to say it wasn't a big deal. Activists absolutely exploded when she said that. But in the time since, she has sort of made it her project to be the face of gender-criticals. Not that there's anything wrong with that. So she's been actively locking horns with people online since the initial (pretty tepid) comments. She's done things like help make a women's shelter that is born-female only (nothing wrong with that, eitherr) that sort of escalate the online conflict. Also released a novel about a crossdresser who preys on women (probly getting a little iffy there lol). Her position is absolutely valid but a lot of people like to point out the initial tweets as if they are the source of everything when in reality she's become more involved since then.

As far as what does transphobe mean... sigh. It's more or less in the eye of the beholder at this point. Put another way, the word has lost meaning.
Thank you very much for this great explanation, honestly a really good read.

GymWolf

A major plot point in one of the movies is a bunch of characters (including females) taking a potion to turn into Harry.
Tbf it's only a potion that last an hour and it is extremely hard to prepare both for times requirements and rare ingredients, it would not be feasible to drink that thing 24 times a day for your whole life.

Banned
I need an explainer i think.... JK sayed theres just 2 genders right? Trans people have the need to transist into the opposit gender couse they feel wrong in their bodys. This still makes it 2 genders, right? So why is JK transphob with her 2 gender post she made?
Like really i don't get it.
Maybe i'm simply to stupid to see why this is transphob at all.

because non-binary people, aka. egoists that want to be able to claim they are part of an oppressed group with the least amount of work required, also basically inserted themselves into the trans community even tho they clearly don't belong there at all.

and most people in the trans community fear backlash and being ostracized for not adhering to the fanatics' religious texts, so they don't speak up about it even if they feel this is bullshit (which it absolutely is)

Exede

because non-binary people, aka. egoists that want to be able to claim they are part of an oppressed group with the least amount of work required, also basically inserted themselves into the trans community even tho they clearly don't belong there at all.

and most people in the trans community fear backlash and being ostracized for not adhering to the fanatics' religious texts, so they don't speak up about it even if they feel this is bullshit (which it absolutely is)
Also a good read! Thank you.
I think i understand this hole controversy a little better now.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
By the end of the day, 41% of those games will be gone.

SaintALia

Haha lol, I saw the title and thought, 'Ah finally, people came together and putting their money where their mouth is, I wonder which (trans) charities are getting the donations and how much have they raised so far, I might throw in a penny or two'.

And nope, no charity support it seems, just supporting indie gay and queer devs. Good on them I suppose, but I did figure a charity bundle would make more sense, or communities would try to get together a bunch of devs and make a 'Humble Wizardry Bundle'(maybe even the Wizardry devs themselves?) or something, that goes to LGBT charities, but maybe they're doing both and I missed it? I haven't been keeping up with how people are 'tackling this issue'.

It'd at least make up for that streamer who got harassed for playing the game whose proceeds actually went to the Trevor project.

BlackTron

She is a feminist who doesn't think a man should be able to call himself a woman, and then go compete in women's sports. With the notion that if we question the fairness of that, we are literal Nazis. In other words, she started off by standing up for women, and still does. She refused to adapt with the hivemind. To her, the biggest threat is men pretending to be women so they can enjoy all the rights that she fights to ensure for actual women.

The rest of the mob just got so batshit crazy that she may as well be on our side now. Like how Terran and Protoss met each other fighting, but ended up on the same team in the face of a bigger cancer.

Edit: I just had to do a reality check of how political this conversation is, but the very context of this "game release" is almost impossible to discuss otherwise. Nonetheless I think I'm out of this whole thing.

Last edited:
Tbf it's only a potion that last an hour and it is extremely hard to prepare both for times requirements and rare ingredients, it would not be feasible to drink that thing 24 times a day for your whole life.
In one movie a guy did it for the whole school year to impersonate a teacher, so I wouldn't say it's unfeasible.

Also apparently in one of the prequels a dude does it with a spell, which is presumably of whatever length he wants.

Last edited:

belmarduk

Wtf is a Terf?

It stands for Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist.

As a recent example, JK Rowling has opposed letting a habitual rapist who identifies as a female into a woman's prison. What could go wrong? Rowling herself is a rape victim so its pretty understandable she would have strong feelings on the subject.

GymWolf

In one movie a guy did it for the whole school year to impersonate a teacher, so I wouldn't say it's unfeasible.

Also apparently in one of the prequels a dude does it with a spell, which is presumably of whatever length he wants.
The dude had to steal rare ingredients from snape to do that and he was a miserable, unhappy person chugging from a flask 24 times per day, no normal person would do that.

It is not feasible unless you want to waste your life hunting for rare ingredients all the time or if you are ok with drinking something that taste like goblin ass (proved by the movie where 3 kids need to vomit after drinking the potion) 24 times per day...

The spell can be a solution, but someone smart like hermione or barty crouch junior would have used that if there was no time limit or was easy to use, don't you think?

Why risking of getting caught stealing ingrdients from snape when you can just cast a spell?

Last edited:
It would definitely be easy to LOOK like a certain gender, as oppose to having to make fully functional organs. Trying to argue that it is too hard is silly, when turning into a small bird and violating the conservation of mass is apparently not hard.

The fact is no one would look Trans as a wizard unless that is exactly what they deliberately wanted to look like. But I guess Voldemont never bothered to make himself handsome so that seemed to be a common thing.

I remember there was a japanese game where a trans side character discovered magic, and immediately became a full female with it. The other characters congratulated her for getting what she always wanted.
The Western twitter went insane and get angry because to admit being Trans is not what trans people truly want is a heresy.

Last edited:

GymWolf

It would definitely be easy to LOOK like a certain gender, as oppose to having to make fully functional organs. Trying to argue that it is too hard is silly, when turning into a small bird and violating the conservation of mass is apparently not hard.

The fact is no one would look Trans as a wizard unless that is exactly what they deliberately wanted to look like. But I guess Voldemont never bothered to make himself handsome so that seemed to be a common thing.

I remember there was an anime where a trans character discovered magic, and immediately became a full female with it. The other characters congratulated her for getting what she always wanted.
The Western twitter went insane and get angry because to admit being Trans is not what trans people truly want is a heresy.
To look externally, probably yes, I'm just going with the lore of the book\movies where people switch into animals but apparently is hard to change sex\appareance completely, i honestly don't give a damn about how feasible it is, i'm not really bothered by the trans character in hl enough to ask why people can't change sex completely with the flick of a wand.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The queasiest part for me is that of course the "trans-friendly" pack contains 69 items. Because they have to additionally sexualize the offer with a not-so-cryptic reference to a sex position...

What a fucking gross grift this is.

Top Bottom