• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MTV Presents: The Next Generation of Xbox Revealed | Xbox 360 Whinging Thread

MIMIC

Banned
Since nobody has made a thread for this yet...

xbox_revealed_main.jpg

Times (all local):

United States
Eastern: 9:30 PM
Central: 8:30 PM
Mountain: 7:30 PM
Pacific: 9:30 PM

Canada
CTV May 13th 00:30AM

Japan/Asia
Friday, May 13, at 11:30

Europe
France: Friday, May 13, at 19:00
Germany: Friday, May 13, at 19:00
Italy: Friday, May 13, at 23:30
Netherlands: Friday, May 13, at 19:30
Poland: Friday, May 13, at 21:00
Portugal: Friday, May 13, at 20:00
Romania: Friday, May 13, at 20:00
Scandinavia: Friday, May 13, at 22:00
Spain: Friday, May 13, at 21:30
U.K.: Friday, May 13, at 20:00

Australia
Friday, May 13, at 19:00

MTV Teaser Spot (click "View Ad Here")

MTV Debuts the Next Xbox!

Elijah Wood will host a half-hour global premiere, with a performance from The Killers, airing exclusively on MTV channels around the world on May 12 and 13.

April 11, 2005, New York City, N.Y.—MTV: Music Television and Microsoft® Corp. today announced a global marketing alliance to unveil the next-generation Xbox® video game system on MTV channels in the United States, Asia Pacific, and Europe, all within a 24-hour window, a first for the videogame industry.

The highly anticipated console will be revealed to videogame fanatics, music lovers, and MTV viewers via a high-energy half-hour program titled “MTV Presents: The Next-Generation Xbox Revealed.” The special will be hosted by entertainment icon, seasoned gamer, and Xbox fanatic Elijah Wood, known globally for the Academy Award-winning Lord of the Rings film trilogy. Island Records’ renowned Las Vegas rockers The Killers will deliver electrifying performances throughout the special.

The global broadcast will premiere Thursday, May 12, 2005, at 9:30 P.M. Eastern in North America and on Friday, May 13, 2005, in other regions around the globe (local air times below).

Viewers will get an exclusive look at the Xbox vision for the next generation—one that ensures that the user experience is always connected, always personalized, and always in high definition. The special will feature never-before-seen, action-packed gameplay of future Xbox games; a peek into the future of the Xbox Live™ online gaming service; backstage celebrity interviews; and exclusive insider footage on the making of the next-generation console.

The inside look at the next-generation Xbox will continue at MTV.com, where after the special, viewers will find extended event coverage, including behind-the-scenes video, photos, and other special extras. MTV.com will also provide ongoing in-depth coverage of the next-generation Xbox, highlighting the latest news, product details, and previews of hot next-generation games.

“We recognize and celebrate our viewers’ passion for gaming and are excited to be working with Microsoft to launch such a significant entertainment product,” said John Shea, executive vice president, Integrated Marketing and Sponsorship Development, MTV Networks Music Group. “We’re proud that Microsoft considers MTV the premier global network to launch its new Xbox gaming console and reveal the first look to MTV viewers around the world.”

“Just as MTV revolutionized the way the world experiences music, the next-generation video game console from Xbox will spark a revolution in how consumers experience games and other forms of digital entertainment,” said Peter Moore, corporate vice president, Xbox Worldwide Marketing and Publishing, Microsoft. “We are ecstatic about our alliance with MTV and unveiling a video game platform in a way that has never been done.”

Yay east coasters (and central...dwellers) :)

MIMIC said:
North America
Thursday, May 12th, at 9:30 P.M. Eastern (21:30)
8:30 P.M. Central (20:30)

Yay east coasters! :)

:lol :lol

You do know that 9:30PM EST and 8:30PM CST is the same time right?

Mihail

Banned
Can some leet hackser get a stream of this online?

EDIT: sonycowboy, I think he had the west coast in mind when he said that. Now get me the sales numbers!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
9:30... hmmm will that be about halftime of the Heat/Wizards game, hnmm no that's gonna be 4th quarter I think... tivo away!!!!

EDIT:

PhatSaqs said:
:( Let's hope we can get one tonight.

Sorry Phat, though I live just north of DC, I'm a Shaq fan through and through. ;)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Your thread title should've been "MTV Presents: The Next Fucking Generation of XBox Revealed, Bitches!"

DarienA

I can't wait to read some of the reactions tonight... some jaws will hit some floors...

DarienA said:
I can't wait to read some of the reactions tonight... some jaws will hit some floors...
In the land of MTV, where a full, uncut music video hasn't run uninterrupted since 1993, if there is more than 30 consecutive seconds of gameplay footage, my jaw will drop.

And none of that scrolling marquee "Hay this is Cindi in St. Louis! XBox 2 is sweet! Hollaback at my girlz in Mrs. Dweezil's 3rd period French!" shit either.

demi

9:30 huh, I might just have to tune in, I should be off work by then.

Don't have cable in my room though, so I can't be here to laugh at you guys in real-time.

JPRaup

Banned
thanks, now i can compare it and it just looks different, idk, anyone feel that way, dont get me wrong, its goddamn sexy, but there is something weird about it

AB 101

Banned
I would be happy with just 5 minutes of actual meat.

Not looking forward to the other 25 minutes of bullshit. :(

DarienA

Guy LeDouche said:
In the land of MTV, where a full, uncut music video hasn't run uninterrupted since 1993, if there is more than 30 consecutive seconds of gameplay footage, my jaw will drop.

heh

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
So the ourcolony clock runs out an hour before the MTV special (countdown is at 5 hours now)

Timen

that is the lamest thing, i've been waiting all day for this stupid show and no i get to see nothing? well, at least not for another 6 hours.... i guess information is widely available when i wake up tomorrow morning (gmt+1 over here)

What's going on in your avatar Minotauro?

Should I bother taping this? I have work, but I know if I come on GAF afterwards, I'll find everything I need.

xsarien

daedsiluap
sonycowboy said:
:lol :lol

You do know that 9:30PM EST and 8:30PM CST is the same time right?

I think he's making the distinction because for EST and CST, it will air at the same time, whereas people in PST won't be able to watch until 12:30 a.m., EST.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ghost said:
So the ourcolony clock runs out an hour before the MTV special (countdown is at 5 hours now)

Guess they are going to leave the last challenge till really late.

The reward better not just be a full picture of the console though! ;)

PhatSaqs

Banned
Bigfonzie said:
knowing gaf, xbox 360 had better be amazingly stunning or theres going to be some major backlash.
There's gonna be backlash from some people regardless as they are expecting graphics that shit all over and make games like HL2 and Riddick look like PS1 games.

Joe

i hope pd0 looks stunning not because im a total graphics whore but because its annoying sifting through nothing but hate posts.

i have a feeling the general consensus will be that it is underwhelming though.

On one hand, I want PD0 to look unbelievably awesome because my friends and I loved the first. On the other, I want it to look like shit because 1) I want to see all the madness and backlash 2) I don't want to buy another system so soon. If PD0 is stunning, I know I won't be able to contain myself.

GhaleonEB

xsarien said:
I think he's making the distinction because for EST and CST, it will air at the same time, whereas people in PST won't be able to watch until 12:30 a.m., EST.

What are you talking about? It's on at 6:30 PST (where I live) - that's three and a half hours. It's the same time in all zones......

Top Bottom