• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple sources are saying Last of Us Remake will come out this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

^ So sir, this isn't a "me thing" when you are talking about fucking resources and saying its a "waste"

You stated its a "waste IF resources", thats not an argument for something making more money bud.

Because its not an either or, thats an argument you fucking made up despite us factually knowing that ND is multiple teams.

1. ND is made up of 2 teams and a new IP is already being worked on.
2.Even if we state the engine of The Last Of Us 3 is being made RIGHT NOW, by a their half that actually makes that shit, the portion on their team that makes the other half of the game won't even have work UNTIL THE FUCKING ENGINE IS DONE, which means you are asking for them to do what? Program for a engine thats not done? =) Maybe you should think about this shit longer man.

Soooooo the year and a half that they are working on The Last Of Us 1 remake, gives the other half of the team time to finish that Engine, allows them to already have knowledge of the PS5 hardware annnnd they get to have work in the meantime.

Sony makes money from the remake, puts in to other games, the half of the team gets more work and more educated on how PS5 works, starts on The Last Of Us 3 now that it has a finished engine and you fucking get to get The Last Of Us 1 remake or stay with the remaster.

So...you made this some fake ass either or, its not. They can do all of the above and have already done that before with remasters, you are not getting The Last Of Us 2 early simply cause The Last Of Us 1 remaster doesn't come out on PS4 bud, the fucking engine is still not going to be done and all you are getting is less, the team doesn't get extra work, fans get no remaster, Sony makes less money.

Maybe think about this shit longer instead of this weird fanfiction gatekeeping

We know from past remakes that its not the same as a ground up title.
We know The Last Of Us 2 engine already exist to build from to suggest its workload is not that of a 3rd fucking game or something.
We know ND is more then 1 team.

So this horseshit of putting the "same resources" in The Last Of Us 3, is as silly as expecting The Last Of Us 3 to be made in less then 2 years and running off the same engine as The Last Of Us 2.

I'm pretty fucking positive that Bluepoint games um, same resources put in Demon Souls remake, is not fucking Elden Ring sir. I'm 99% sure those didn't cost the same, have the same development time and are equivalent or some shit lol

The point flew over your head again. It's a waste of resources in my opinion. I'm just a forum guy, just like you, the difference is you're pretending to understand the ends and outs by being an armchair publisher/game director. Having multiple teams doesn't mean anything, they combine efforts all the time. I didn't say it had to be TLoU3, could be a spin-off or whatever. I don't know why you're cursing and so upset. Hilarious. thisisneogaf.gif

Evan Wells did an interview last year where he admitted that they just cant become a multi team studio no matter how hard they try. Later in the interview he states that they still only have 300 employees. Umm, maybe THAT is your problem? 300 employees at the premiere Sony studio in 2022 is a fucking joke.

(...)

I mean this is such an easy problem to solve. Hire more people. You are in LA, you dont even have to ask people to relocate from other states or countries. SSM, Crystal Dynamics, Insomniac, Respawn, Infinity Ward, Riot Games (league of legends dev), Treyarch, Blizzard... they are all in the LA county. Just go and out bid everyone. You are Sony. You make $25 billion in revenue.

It's crazy to me that they did not grow in the PS4 era like at all. They were 75 devs in 2007, 150 devs in 2009 when they shipped U2 then 250 devs by the time they shipped TLOU. So only 50 new devs from 2013-2022? wtf? Everyone knows its taking longer than ever to make games and they are just acting like its 2009.
With all due respect, it doesn't seem like you realize what the turnover rate is like in the game development industry. "Hire more people" isn't just some quick gaffer tape solution or be-all answer to cover the problem.

Besides, AAA studios have a reputation of "burning" through man power (warm bodies) like its nobody's business. Naughty dog included. Its really not that enticing of a proposal. IT development is already demanding as it is. It honestly makes me sad whenever I hear some young talented programmer proclaim they want to get into the gaming industry.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
In terms of graphics, I knew it was a great looking game and I guess that was stuck in my head. Turns out that 2014 was a long time ago! :messenger_grinning_sweat: That was when I last played through the game in the remastered version on PS4.

I just rewatched some gameplay and yeah it looks rough now. Definitely could do with a remake. TLOU2 looks brilliant on a base PS4 so I would like to see what they could do if they remade TLOU for PS5. Shit would look insane. I might not be Naughty Dog's biggest fan but they know how to make a damn good looking game.

Now, I only hope that they are going to remake the game and stick closely to the original version without adding changes to characters/story. I'll wait and see what they do before I decide if I want to buy it.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
You realise it's not a remaster? It's not just some fancy polish on top of the original.. This is a remake. I'm not sure how this is unnecessary. Was Demon's Souls remake unnecessary?
Demon's Souls wasn't on PS4. LOU Remaster is on PS4 and playable on PS5. Looks good. No reason to milk this again.

Hugare

Giving the project to Playstation Visual Arts Service Group makes me think that it would be a 1:1 remake

It's a support studio. There's no way that ND/Sony would give them the keys to do whatever they wanted with the story.

Later, ND took the Remake from them, but work has been done already.

I seriously doubt that once ND took over, they made serious changes to the story, throwing away much of the work that has been done already.

And if thats the case, the game is not being released at the end of the year, for sure

EDMIX

It's a waste of resources in my opinion

Yea, maybe don't mix some emotional view with a business one.

The rest of your post is irrelevant as, its your "opinion" as some default excuse to pretend real logic doesn't go into fucking business cause you can't make a real sound point about how it would be a "waste of resources".

They have many teams, the engine of part 3 is not done, its one of the best selling games in PS history, I see very little reason to not do a remake and see no reason to argue its a "waste". You've yet to provide anything even remotely sound as to how this would be a waste, other then trying to avoid making a real logical point to hide behind "my opinion". This isn't even asking if you fucking like the game or not, this is questioning the comment about a waste "if" resources as this is a fucking business concept, its not a conversation about GOTY or top 10 favorite titles or something of that nature.

If you don't own a business or don't know anything about business bud, just say that =)

Romulus

Yea, maybe don't mix some emotional view with a business one.

The rest of your post is irrelevant as, its your "opinion" as some default excuse to pretend real logic doesn't go into fucking business cause you can't make a real sound point about how it would be a "waste of resources".

They have many teams, the engine of part 3 is not done, its one of the best selling games in PS history, I see very little reason to not do a remake and see no reason to argue its a "waste". You've yet to provide anything even remotely sound as to how this would be a waste, other then trying to avoid making a real logical point to hide behind "my opinion". This isn't even asking if you fucking like the game or not, this is questioning the comment about a waste "if" resources as this is a fucking business concept, its not a conversation about GOTY or top 10 favorite titles or something of that nature.

If you don't own a business or don't know anything about business bud, just say that =)

Ok, so owning a business means you know the insides and outs of ND? Illogical. Knowledge of one business does not equate to another. If so, why not apply? I'm sure you'll be hired instantly. Having multiple teams is not the end all response. Those same teams often piggyback and collaborate.

I''m emotional? Youre literally mad and constantly cursing. Lol
You're projecting while pretending your experience at the corner market makes you a game director. You don't understand what an opinion is either. Just because theres no obvious reason why ND should not do this project doesn't automatically default that they should either. Lmao.
You do realize that people that actually work in the gaming industry for decades don't even get to make these decisions? It takes a very specific skillset to schedule personnel for months on a projects. Thats a big decision, but gaf users like us have it figured out? Lol. Everyone in here is guessing when it comes to the businesses/strategy end of this. We're not on the inside nor do we have the experience. Its a waste to me personally as a gamer and in business imo. But carry on with cursing up a storm and while calling me "emotional."

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I get that the studio needs to generate revenue while their new stuff bakes, but I wish they had chosen another project. The Last of Us Remastered already has a 1800p/60 mode on the PS5 - and looks great even for a remaster of an old-ish game. Maybe they'll add enough QoL improvements and other content to make it worth playing through again for the upteenth time though.

TrebleShot

Very uninspiring that this is what they are releasing next , hopefully it’s a VR title or something cos a straight up remake shows a severe lack of imagination.

begotten

ps5-tlou-part-1-game-box-front

ps5-tlou-part-1-firefly-edition-game-box-front

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
im waiting for the PC version and im also not paying £70! ill pick it up in a steam/epic sale for like 50% off :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: square tried punting FFVII for 70 but got it for £34. will do the same for this if they try pulling this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom