• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Dualshock 4 just died out of thin air...is there anywhere to save it?

Nankatsu

Ok GAF, so basically my DS4 20th Anniversary edition just died.

giphy.gif

I bought the controller back in 2015, so no warranty available. What are the options here? Is there any way to save it?

While connect via cable, it simply does not charge at all, and the light on the back doesn't turn on.

It makes me sad because I've always used silicon covers on my controllers to protect them from usage and the controller looks brand new, except it's just dead now.

Since PS3, which introduced wireless dualshock controllers, this is the first DS that died on me.

I'm looking at the controller right now and I'm like:

Last edited:

Juras

Other than battery, micro usb port may be broken. I play a lot with connected usb cable and its easy to broke it or plug in cord, or both.

Its easy to replace because port is part of separate little board with led. Chinese replacement should be cost of few bucks.

Be sure to check model before you eventually order. But don't expect quality as oryginal one.

There are at least two models:

e93c46c00b0dde04940b8ea788971746.png

Nankatsu

Other than battery, micro usb port may be broken. I play a lot with connected usb cable and its easy to broke it or plug in cord, or both.

Its easy to replace because port is part of separate little board with led. Chinese replacement should be cost of few bucks.

Be sure to check model before you eventually order. But don't expect quality as oryginal one.

There are at least two models:

e93c46c00b0dde04940b8ea788971746.png

Yeah, I've been reading stuff and there's a bunch of dualshock generations.

Mine is 4-472-348-51 F1, model CUH-ZCT1E, basically GEN 3 - Version 1.

Going to start with the battery first, cable problem is excluded. I've tested on my other controller and it charges.

It's either battery or micro-usb port.

You might consider a factory reset:

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom