• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My new Switch OLED has such a beautiful screen

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I have to admit that OLED Switch was a bit unexpected from Nintendo, there is a premium feel to it which is nice.

Yes, with exception of the crappy joy cons.
Make sure you replace the joycons with real controllers. (Hori compact would be a good place to start)

Last edited:

Trilobit

TotK is like catnip for gaffers. Can't wait to play it this summer!

Anyone got any advice to make it look good on a LG C1? Any settings that make the Switch and TV blend into a beautiful harmony?

damidu

TotK is like catnip for gaffers. Can't wait to play it this summer!

Anyone got any advice to make it look good on a LG C1? Any settings that make the Switch and TV blend into a beautiful harmony?
impossible without using an emulator/pc unfortunately, it looks like shit no matter the settings.
you somewhat try to get used to it.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
TOTK looks even better on an oled screen when it's not constrained to the hw requirements of the switch
My daughters OLED switch looks way better. Bigger screen too. It’s hard knowing her switch is better than mine, lol. Then I remember I have a PS5 and Series X.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
My daughters OLED switch looks way better. Bigger screen too. It’s hard knowing her switch is better than mine, lol. Then I remember I have a PS5 and Series X.
Switch OLED screen works so wells with Nintendo color artsyle almost looks 3D it pops out so much

Is the OLED actually worth it? Im so tempted to sell my current switch and get an OLED
The OLED makes the original Switch look like a prototype. If you only play in docked mode, it will TURN YOU into a portable playing gamer. It looks that good. Here is the first 20 minutes of TOTK on it:

Pimpbaa

Not true, I have a 48 LG C series OLED, and switch back and fourth between my Series X and OLED Switch, both systems games look very good, the only thing that I notice is the drop from 4K to 720p on the home menu screens.

I have to agree with you. I have an 55“ LG CX (which I sit very close to) and most games made by Nintendo look great on it. Sure I would love resolutions higher than 1080p and HDR, but my TV handles low res stuff really well. I have zero problems playing PS5 or XSX games and then playing Switch games right after. I think it’s criminal to play something like TOTK on a small screen.

Mozza

I have to agree with you. I have an 55“ LG CX (which I sit very close to) and most games made by Nintendo look great on it. Sure I would love resolutions higher than 1080p and HDR, but my TV handles low res stuff really well. I have zero problems playing PS5 or XSX games and then playing Switch games right after. I think it’s criminal to play something like TOTK on a small screen.
The type of T.V you have does make a big difference, those C series LG OLED models make your console look it's very best, and the amount of settings you can tweak to get the best out of a specific machine is very good too.

Top Bottom