• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My sound on computer keeps on crackling, and its not the speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

Its like my soundcard has the flu or something, its so slow and having trouble catching up to my recording on Cooledit. My mp3's also crackle when i open up a program and multitask. I run spyware checks often, there isn't a program running in the background as far as I know. Maybe I should do a virusscan.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
My Nforce onboard sound does that. I finally switched back to my old Creative and have had no problems. Not that this solves your problem or anything, just sharing your pain.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
RedDwarf said:
My Nforce onboard sound does that. I finally switched back to my old Creative and have had no problems. Not that this solves your problem or anything, just sharing your pain.

Same here. Of course, my computer also sometimes fails to pick up my second (slave) harddrive on my first IDE channel as well as randomly shutting down, but that's another issue entirely. It's an nforce2 board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom