• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N64 on MiSTer FPGA gets its first playable retail game; progress report

VGEsoterica

For the longest time nobody thought it was possible to do a Nintendo 64 core on the FPGA chip on board the Terasic DE10 NANO. Then again nobody thought a PS1 core was possible and FPGAZumSpass managed to not only make a core but also a 2X core that increased the specs of the PS1

So it's no surprise that he started development of a N64 core in FPGA. His stated goal was to have one retail game booting by Christmas 2023...and he achieved that goal this weekend in July. Dunno when his Christmas starts but my calendar shows him almost a full six months ahead of schedule lol

It's a single game and one that uses the Nintendo 64 hardware in very weird ways, but its incredible to see in action and I cant wait to see what the next playable game is.

But GAF...whats the first N64 game you'd want on FPGA? 100% Bomberman Hero for me, followed by Rush 2

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
"first playable retail game N64 game on MiSTer"
*emulated based game*
Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

Tarin02543

Gr abbing an 8bitdo Bluetooth controller mod kit down the line.

I think we now have all the cores we want. I’d like to see the model 1/2 Sega arcade hardware as well

Top Bottom