• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate the Hate: Persona 6 will be coming to Xbox

Draugoth

Gold Member
Doesn't know if it will be day and date and it's unlikely for it to wind up on GamePass

8IsU0Nf.jpg

Last edited:
Why wouldn't it? Microsoft and Sega are tight going back to the OG Xbox days and MS pays Sega good money to port their stuff to Xbox. Sega is basically the last JP publisher on Earth still releasing Xbox versions

I can assure you that it's not happening because Xbox owners buy JRPG's or anything LMAO

VF20NiS.png

Note that Unicorn Overlord is NOT on Gamepass so unlike for example Persona 3 Reload which makes direct sales comparisons easier

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Would they really day one gamepass this? I highly doubt it. Released properly sure as a full priced game. Microsoft would have to pay heaps otherwise.

Would they really day one gamepass this? I highly doubt it. Released properly sure as a full priced game. Microsoft would have to pay heaps otherwise.
Persona 3 Reload was Day 1 Gamepass and the upcoming DLC is also going to be free on Gamepass Premium

MS is paying heaps and Sega is happy to take the money because it's not like anyone on Xbox would actually buy P3R or the DLC, see my screen shots of Unicorn Overlord above for more information

Belthazar

I don't think that was even in question, with how Atlus had been with Xbox lately. The bigger question mark was always whether or not it'll come to Gamepass day one.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I wonder if MS is paying for the port. Otherwise it wouldn’t make a lot of sense as sales for JRPGs on the Xbox can’t be high.

Although I guess SEGA has the numbers so port must be worth it to them.

Good call by Sega.

Should launch on Switch 2 as well as a multiplat day one.

Avoid day one PS+ or Gamepass for maximum unit sales, get a better deal later, 2 years post launch.

Dazraell

He hasn't said anything that would be news worthy tho. Even if Persona 6 would be temporary exclusive for PS5/PS6, sooner than later it will come to Xbox and PC either way considerng how much Sega and Atlus are pushing for multiplatform releases. At this point it's more safe bet territory than any internal knowledge

Last edited:
He hasn't said anything that would be news worthy tho. Even if Persona 6 would be temporary exclusive for PS5/PS6, sooner than later it will come to Xbox and PC either way considerng how much Sega and Atlus are pushing for multiplatform releases. At this point it's more safe bet territory than any internal knowledge

Based on actual events, I really doubt P6 will be exclusive for PS, even temporary.

Hudo

Good. Atlus should let as many people as possible play their games. Exclusivity only hurts third-parties (and their IPs) in the long run.

Kacho

While I don’t doubt it will hit Switch 2, that guy was wrong about about Persona 3 Reload hitting Switch

Topher

Gold Member
For all 500 people to buy them, but I guess as long as they want to that’s fine.

I'm guessing Microsoft has a deal for Sega/Atlus to bring X number of games to Xbox or something. I mean.....there is obviously financial incentive for Persona 3 Reload expansion being free for Game Pass Ultimate gamers so I'm think is part of a larger deal they made. Seem to remember a big partnership announcement a year or two ago, if I recall correctly.

Not that there is single thing wrong with any of that. MS paying to bring games to their platform without requiring exclusivity is a good thing all around.

Woopah

The PC, Switch and Xbox ecosystems can definitely be growth opportunities for Persona. And this matches what Sega said about being more multiplatform.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How wasn't it obvious since they are releasing Persona games on Xbox for a while now? Did everyone think they would just stop doing that?
If he had said it before Persona 5 Xbox release was announced then sure, but nah.

All the games (before P3 Reload) were year(s) later releases. The day and date for a new game is the news-worthy thing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Persona 5 PS5 version released the same time as Xbox/Switch.

True but that was a re-release of the PS4 Royal from 2019 (same applies to the PS4/5 and Xbox 'versions' of Persona 3 Portable and 4 Golden) not a new release. Persona 3 Reload was the first time a new Persona game came to other platforms day 1.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
The only way a Sega title isn't multiplatform these days is if someone pays for console exclusivity to keep it off other consoles.

Top Bottom