• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheDrake: New Banjo Kazooie Greenlit by Micrososft

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Snoop Dogg GIF by GreenPark Sports

MagnesD3

Whos making it and are you going to give them money. Rare should not be the ones, if there are any of the OGs from back then they should consult some tho. Id love to care but I have 0 trust.

Last edited:
Took long enough (assuming the rumor's true). Now we'll have to see if it's good, and more importantly if it's a genuine platformer or something like Nuts 'n Bolts. Given the characters they have, it's probably smarter to do a BK/Crash/Spyro mash-up 3D platformer if anything.

It would be cool to see big platformers from the Big 3 regularly though (Mario from Nintendo, Astrobot and R&C from Sony, Banjo-Kazooie and maybe Crash/Spyro from Microsoft).

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Assuming it’s true I hope it’s not some shoe string budget trash like their battletoads revival. Toys for Bob could do it justice.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Not sure why anyone would care about leaks like this, realistically what is this, a 2029 game? 2030? Who cares?

MagnesD3

Dream scenario would be to have Toys for Bob remake Banjo Kazooie and Tooie as practice and make Banjo Threeie after they gain a better understanding of the series. As it stands if real it will probably be Rare making it and it will be mid and really sad.

Also obviously the art direction should be that of the same quality as Banjos smash glow up.

Last edited:

Caio

Not sure why anyone would care about leaks like this, realistically what is this, a 2029 game? 2030? Who cares?
I would love a Banjo Game, but not so late :D A launch Title for the Next XBox in 2028, to go against the New Ratchet for PS6 ? This would be Epic, if you ask me.

Nah, not even old Rare themselves were able to make a proper beloved sequel to Banjo-Kazooie back in the day. The OG is a truly inspired product of a highly talented specific team, making something they were really passionate about, at peak performance. My faith in any of Microsoft's studios to make a good Banjo-Threeie is shockingly low. Double Fine is the only one I think could pull it off, if they give them the budget and time.

Top Bottom