• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: Fable is releasing in 2025, Banjoe Kazooie Game in the works, Next ID software Game is a Estabilished IP

Draugoth

Gold Member
NateTheDrake (Video Game Leaker) has thrown new rumors into the mix;

He says id software's next game is an established IP:

LYSiIoI.png

On the Banjo-Kazooie Project as well as hearing that Fable is 2025:

He also clarifies that the rework of the Banjo-Kazooie project sounds like its for the better:

5DwWZnh.png

OG25ZZO.png

For Contraband Nate says he heard chatter it might make this year but doesn't have faith in it:

NHYzdqG.png

Source

Papa_Wisdom

Since when was banjo kazooie announced?

I mean I don’t really like the series or the characters but I still wasn’t aware one had been green lit

Since when was banjo kazooie announced?

I mean I don’t really like the series or the characters but I still wasn’t aware one had been green lit
It's not announced. Nate just says he's heard one is in development. Software makers don't publicly announce when something is greenlit normally. They wait until release is 12-18 months away, at the most. Otherwise you just have endless waits and disappointment when things don't work out. (Metroid Prime 4, Everwild, etc).

He doesn't really have the best track record. Let's move on.
Nate? Nah, you're thinking of someone else. Nate's actually fairly solid. Not always, but then again plans change and he might be going off old news from months before. Hence why people shouldn't get their hopes up from leaks unless it seems like things are lining up and more people who don't know each other start to all say similar things.

Papa_Wisdom

It's not announced. Nate just says he's heard one is in development. Software makers don't publicly announce when something is greenlit normally. They wait until release is 12-18 months away, at the most. Otherwise you just have endless waits and disappointment when things don't work out. (Metroid Prime 4, Everwild, etc).
Makes sense I suppose, great for those fans.

I’d rather have psyconaughts 3

Is this guy really having any credibility?

I remembered he had a megaton of switch pro rumor videos and when it turned out nothing then he gaslighted the viewers.

Reave

Even if he's right, I'm a little too burned out from "insiders" to buy into anything right now.

It's either Quake or Doom, both of which I'm fine with and be there day zero at launch.

Though I think at the conference in June they will just show a teaser/announcement with logo, and full media reveal/blowout at Quakecon this year.

GymWolf

M should really release a vertical slice for fable at this point...

I need to see if it is still fable or just a generic fantasy action rpg.

makaveli60

Don’t we already know from the leaks that Doom Year Zero is the next id game? As much as I love Doom I’d prefer them to remake/reboot Quake 1 and only continue Doom after that

StueyDuck

NateTheDrake (Video Game Leaker) has thrown new rumors into the mix;

He says id software's next game is an established IP:

LYSiIoI.png

On the Banjo-Kazooie Project as well as hearing that Fable is 2025:

He also clarifies that the rework of the Banjo-Kazooie project sounds like its for the better:

5DwWZnh.png

OG25ZZO.png

For Contraband Nate says he heard chatter it might make this year but doesn't have faith in it:

NHYzdqG.png

Source
I'll only accept banjo on ps5 if they release rare-replay first on PC and Switch and PS

If we see fable again this year do we thing they'll double down on grunglebuff the bovine or a different MC or an updated model?

Last edited:

makaveli60

I thought the same, but when I googled it, it looked like it has been cancelled.

Either way, Microsoft's lineups are finally starting to look pretty good.
Just checked, it seems speculation only, but might be true. Anyway, just to repeat myself, I hope they are working on Quake. And after that a real nextgen Doom.

MagnesD3

Toys for Bob would be sound, the only dev I could realistically see doing an ok job. Moon Studios wanted to do it, based on what Mahler said about the franchise they would have been the best choice.
I could see moon studios as well. To do it right imo the studio making a new BK would need to do a remake of 2 originals as practice to learn how the games work in and out before attempting Threeie. And even then I believe its very important to consult someone who understands humorous or whimsical dialogue writing, they would need either the original writers from Rare to come consult or I could see Double Fine coming over to help write. It must be whimsical and charming, childish in some ways but adult in others but never amateur also british.

Last edited:
Top Bottom