• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: Fable is releasing in 2025, Banjoe Kazooie Game in the works, Next ID software Game is a Estabilished IP

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I could see moon studios as well. To do it right imo the studio making a new BK would need to do a remake of 2 originals as practice to learn how the games work in and out before attempting Threeie. And even then I believe its very important to consult someone who understands humorous or whimsical dialogue writing, they would need either the original writers from Rare to come consult or I could see Double Fine coming over to help write.
Double Fine could do the whole thing. They did make Psychonauts 1 and 2 after all.

MagnesD3

Double Fine could do the whole thing. They did make Psychonauts 1 and 2 after all.
Figments make me worry about thier collectable design skills haha but maybe after remaking the originals they would understand. Also thier level design tends to be very outlandish based mostly on forward progression or some kind of gimmick based on my experience with Psychonauts 1. I worry about someone who doesn't have experience with exploration based level design, the BK series level design is incredible.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

AfuIEX3.jpg

My face every time Banjoe Kazooie is mentioned.

I could see moon studios as well. To do it right imo the studio making a new BK would need to do a remake of 2 originals as practice to learn how the games work in and out before attempting Threeie. And even then I believe its very important to consult someone who understands humorous or whimsical dialogue writing, they would need either the original writers from Rare to come consult or I could see Double Fine coming over to help write. It must be whimsical and charming, childish in some ways but adult in others but never amateur also british.

Moon Studios has no interest in working with Microsoft in a special/partnership dynamic ever again, going by statements the owner has made here and there around Twitter. Not to mention, them directly criticizing services like Game Pass being counterproductive to their business aims.

If any Microsoft studio is suited for BK, it's Double Fine. At least for the game design and gameplay. Some of you insisting it needs British humor; I'm sure there are some writers from British animated shows/films who would be up to doing writing for a new Banjo-Kazooie game.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I want ID to reboot Quake, but classic, gothic horror Quake.

Either that or give them Halo.

MagnesD3

Moon Studios has no interest in working with Microsoft in a special/partnership dynamic ever again, going by statements the owner has made here and there around Twitter. Not to mention, them directly criticizing services like Game Pass being counterproductive to their business aims.

If any Microsoft studio is suited for BK, it's Double Fine. At least for the game design and gameplay. Some of you insisting it needs British humor; I'm sure there are some writers from British animated shows/films who would be up to doing writing for a new Banjo-Kazooie game.
I really just want Toys for Bob to do the gameplay based on thier work with the spyro remake and creativity from crash 4. Id trust double fine for the writing but i worry about thier gameplay based on Psychnauts 1, it was good but I wouldnt call it great and Banjos gamplay is why its regarded by many as the best 3d platformer ever created. Its going to be tough no matter what. (To be fair maybe Psycho 2 vastly leanedd more towards improved exploration based level design, idk I havent got to play it yet). Hell id love it if From Software did the level design since they are experts at it lol but no japan studio will touch banjo.

Top Bottom