• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC: Ivanka Trump Has Huge Chinese Fan Club Worshiping ‘Goddess Ivanka’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

BEIJING — Ivanka Trump is fast becoming a cult figure for many in China, her popularity spiking so much there is already an online fan club dedicated to "Goddess Ivanka" with thousands of followers.

The boost in the first daughter's appeal has been such that her Chinese lawyers are currently filing several trademark applications in her name in a bid to stop hundreds of copycat Chinese companies cashing-in on her brand.

The applications in China have involved a bewildering array of products, from jewelry and underwear, to mattresses and formula milk powder — all filed in the name 'Ivanka Trump' or similar sounding names since her father became U.S. president.

"Most people in China love Ivanka because of her friendly gestures towards the Chinese people," said Hu Xingdou, a blogger and professor of economics at the Beijing Institute of Technology, citing her visit to the Chinese embassy in Washington D.C. to celebrate the Chinese New Year, and her effort to teach Chinese language and culture to her children.

At the Mar-a-Lago summit between President Donald Trump and China's President Xi Jinping earlier this month, her 5-year-old daughter Arabella sang a traditional Chinese song to Xi and his wife. Trump posted the performance on her Twitter account and it has been watched by millions across China.

Arabella had already become an internet superstar in China after Trump posted online videos of her reciting a classical Chinese poem and singing a song she learned for Chinese New Year. It was seen as a touching gesture at a time when many in China are worried about President Trump's China-bashing rhetoric.

"That was a boost for Chinese cultural nationalism," added Hu, "because it shows that Chinese culture has an important place in international society."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...ng-goddess-ivanka-n748296?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

They're trying to lure her in so they can kidnap her out of Trump Tower and fulton her to Hong Kong, I call it The Inverted Dark Knight

cameron

On the streets of Beijing, most people interviewed by NBC News gave overwhelmingly favorable impressions of Trump.

"She's elegant and confident and a truly successful woman," said Bridget Wang, 26, a master's student at the Beijing Foreign Studies University. "Her feminine touch will help smooth Chinese-U.S. relations."

"She is very amiable, with a tender disposition, and not like her father who is quite unpredictable," said Geng Baoqiang, 36, a senior manager at a foreign investment company.

"She's independent-minded, thoughtful and supportive of her dad," remarked Jenny Zhen, 32, a Chinese language teacher. "Her kids learning Chinese language will definitely have a good influence on China-U.S. relations."

Such opinions are widely echoed on social media, with one person commenting on Weibo that "she should be running for president." Another user wrote "she's intelligent, calm, logical, with ready smiles even when confronted with harsh questions. A brilliant woman."
This is really great. Wonderful, even. I'm reminded of a thread on GAF.

LordKasual

Banned
I mean, she is pretty goddamn hot. And well spoken too. And hot.

But my opinion on her wanes every day. She doesn't really deserve benefit of the doubt when she's a legit source of Trump's power.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The boost in the first daughter's appeal has been such that her Chinese lawyers are currently filing several trademark applications in her name in a bid to stop hundreds of copycat Chinese companies cashing-in on her brand.

What it must be like to have lawyers specifically for a country.

iammeiam

Her branding success with this is a thing:
"She's elegant and confident and a truly successful woman," said Bridget Wang, 26, a master's student at the Beijing Foreign Studies University. "Her feminine touch will help smooth Chinese-U.S. relations."

It's the same thing people in the US do--credit her for moderating Trump and being a Good Influence. Given the amount of horrible shit Trump still does, it'll be interesting to see if her popularity in China craters when Trump does something dumb and horrible or if she'll get to enjoy the freedom from negative association so much of the US seems happy to give her.

We're heading up to day 100 and the maternity leave policy some people believe she deserves immense credit for doesn't actually seem to be materializing in the near future. So her win/loss right now is Basically Nothing/All The Dumb Bullshit Trump Does Daily

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm sure if here father goes to war with North Korea those sentiments won't last very long.

Oersted

Gaf is really thirsty today

Her branding success with this is a thing:

It's the same thing people in the US do--credit her for moderating Trump and being a Good Influence. Given the amount of horrible shit Trump still does, it'll be interesting to see if her popularity in China craters when Trump does something dumb and horrible or if she'll get to enjoy the freedom from negative association so much of the US seems happy to give her.

We're heading up to day 100 and the maternity leave policy some people believe she deserves immense credit for doesn't actually seem to be materializing in the near future. So her win/loss right now is Basically Nothing/All The Dumb Bullshit Trump Does Daily

Yeah, it is really fascinating. Has she ever achieved a positive impact, in her business or otherwise?

I can confirm it does happen in the Chinese forums I hang out.

I think half of them are "wumao" (as in, semi government paid shills, who are shilling Ivanka for an unknown angle, and they always bring up Ivanka in any pissbaby related threads) The rest of them are doing it sarcastically, the same way the Chinese posters only refer to Sola Aoi as "Sola Senpai." It's a running joke.

Whompa02

6i7FSgT.gif

Jared and Ivankas only success in their life is being the fastest swimming sperm.

The rest is the windfall of someone elses achievement.

Fucking money worshippers man. Sad wastes of flesh and bone.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
She's a diet Eva Braun. She's absolutely complicit with Trump's actions. I shouldn't be surprised by how many people will look past that because she's "hot," but Jesus y'all are thirsty for an extremely mediocre collaborator.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I always thought her nose was too sharp.

That's actually the result of plastic surgery. She had a wider nose. She's had a lot of other work done too.

People are too interested in seeing the manufactured beauty in front of them.

Gorillaz

Well they don't have to worry about her running or not because I'm pretty sure they are warming up the seat for her down the line anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom