• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC News: U.S. May Launch Strike If North Korea Reaches For Nuclear Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
I'm getting those Bush flashbacks.

8BoZ73u.jpg

"My fellow citizens. At this hour, American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger."

Xando

I really hope this is just posturing. But this is Trump, so maybe he really wants to do it. :
The problem is that the i feel like these leaks put Trump into a corner and force him to double down and order the strike. Trump doesn't seem like the person to swallow his pride and back off.

Bobnob

I dont know what to think, diplomacy doesn't seem to work with NK, eventually they will be capable of hitting the USA AND they keep threatening to.

Dabanton

I don't think Trump would dare. His an egoistical ass but even he must know what firing on NK could unleash.

NK army would probably nuke South Korea as retaliation.

What one should worry about is South Korea and other neighboring Asian countries being tossed into a dangerous situation

anyone else in the world is pretty much safe

guek

Banned
Guys, NK can't nuke anyone at this point.

But a lot of South Koreans, including my extended family, might die because of Donald Fucking Trump's incompetence. Warmongering cocksucker...

Poppy

Just curious, because I know this is some super paranoia type bullshit. But how possible would it be for North Korea or Russia or whatever to nuke Brussels? Does Europe have any type protection against that kind of shit?

russia could probably destroy the entire world

To note, a preemptive strike would be if there's enough "evidence" or suspicion if the test is not within the borders of North Korea.

tbm24

I don't believe this will happen. SK would never give consent to this over a Nuclear Test. Seoul would disappear and all the troops on the border.

Effect

I hope there are people down the chain of command for this that will say no if he's stupid enough to order something like this.

ironcreed

Banned
Once again he gives no fucks about South Korea or anyone else in that area. No way in hell China said anything approaching an okay with any thought in this direction.

Yeah, China wants it resolved peacefully. But North Korea is insane and will not stop testing nukes. On the other side of the coin, Trump is a trigger happy bastard and I don't think that we are there with Japan and South Korea to just saber rattle this time. All indications are that we are about to do something... stupid.

iMax

Just curious, because I know this is some super paranoia type bullshit. But how possible would it be for North Korea or Russia or whatever to nuke Brussels? Does Europe have any type protection against that kind of shit?

UK and France both have nuclear deterrent programmes and I assume there are detection mechanisms throughout the continent.

MadeULook

So, putting the trademark GAF hyperbole aside, what are the realistic scenarios if this does actually come to pass (which it probably won't)? I'm not exactly a expert in international politics but I'm curious.

Jezbollah

Even if this wasn't true, I cant help but wonder why the US has suddenly become so incredibly aggressive towards North Korea so soon after the Chinese Premier's visit to Washington. I suspect it's either calling a bluff, or the Chinese have basically said they dont care too much for NK at this time..

Effect

I don't believe this will happen. SK would never give consent to this over a Nuclear Test. Seoul would disappear and all the troops on the border.

He doesn't care. SK will be the one dealing with the fallout of this and he couldn't care less.

Dierce

This is such bullshit. I hope people don't seriously believe this. Orange turd is the biggest coward of all time, he would never go thought with this. His master Putin wont allow it.

Rubenov

And what is it in for the US to strike nK now? I mean, since 2006 they've conducted multiple nuclear tests already. That ship has sailed.

Lautaro

Guys, NK can't nuke anyone at this point.

But a lot of South Koreans, including my extended family, might die because of Donald Fucking Trump's incompetence. Warmongering cocksucker...

Seriously, people here are worried about the safety of the US or even getting drafted. The real danger is what SK may suffer.

So, putting the trademark GAF hyperbole aside, what are the realistic scenarios if this does actually come to pass? I'm not exactly a expert in international politics but I'm curious.

In the very near future, talking weeks and months, I would say very low. A war eventually? There is a decent chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom