• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need help: To collect all accessible physical copies of Star Wars games that I could play on XSX or PS5

keraj37

The Star Wars games have this special magic notion, that is always present, no matter the hardware and genre.
Like I am playing now SWJ:Survivor and I enjoy it more than it deserves since it has all SW atmosphere you can look for.
For example, the ambient music and sounds of blasters - this all creates something magical.

I decided to start collecting physical copies of all Star Wars games, and play at least as much as it is required to taste the game, not necessarily beat it 100%.
I look only for console releases that I could play on XSX or PS5 - so I guess all games released for PS4, PS5, Original Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Series.

Furthermore, I came here to ask for recommendations, what should I look for and buy.
Any ideas?

So far I found in my collections just 3 games: Squadrons, Battlefront 2015 and mentioned SWJ:Survivor.
xOPAFtC.jpg

Maybe you have a similar hobby, maybe with a different franchise, let us know?

UPDATE:
+ Battlefront 2 and Jedi: Fallen Order
JIC1H7O.jpg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Today I learned that Survivor is Ocalaly in polish.

Tom Cruise Mi GIF by Mission: Impossible

Also I did that with my Yakuza collection. The ones from Japan I ended up buying them on ebay, so I would say that's a safe bet for you too.

Battlefront II and Force Unleashed are the ones that come to mind.

Last edited:

intbal

Do you consider Lego to be a legitimate Star Wars game?
If so, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is recent and available for both 9th gen consoles.

Best place to look is here:
Mobygames Star Wars games

That will show you every Star Wars game ever released and which platforms.

For the older Xbox games, you'll need to see which ones are compatible.
Here is the BC list

Last edited:

Robochobo

Kotor 1&2
Republic Commando
Force Unleashed 1&2
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Jedi Starfighter
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga
Episode III Revenge of the Sith
The Clone Wars
Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Obi Wan

And much much more but sadly not all of them are backwards compatible or were released on other platforms.

The late 90s to 2010 was a true golden era.

keraj37

Do you consider Lego to be a legitimate Star Wars game?
If so, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is recent and available for both 9th gen consoles.

Best place to look is here:
Mobygames Star Wars games

That will show you every Star Wars game ever released and which platforms.

For the older Xbox games, you'll need to see which ones are compatible.
Here is the BC list
Yes, crossover games I want to collect aswell, so lego star wars are great recomendation.

You'll need to pick up copies of SW Battlefront 2 (it has quite a cool campaign) and SW Jedi Fallen Order too (second game I've platinumed on PS5).

Then pick up all the remasters made by Aspyr:

- Star Wars Racer Commando Combo
- Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection
- Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic (I think it's Switch only)

All of them should be pretty cheap new and even cheaper on the used market.

cormack12

Gold Member
I think the bigger question is will you have time to play them when you have the incredibles just sitting there.

Last edited:

Kupfer

I recently bought Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Enhanced Edition as a physical edition, as it will probably be rare in the future to be able to get major PSVR2 releases as a physical edition.
It's still lying around shrink-wrapped at my place. If I'm lucky, it will come to PS+ at some point before I feel the urge to unpack and play it.

I recently bought Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Enhanced Edition as a physical edition, as it will probably be rare in the future to be able to get major PSVR2 releases as a physical edition.
It's still lying around shrink-wrapped at my place. If I'm lucky, it will come to PS+ at some point before I feel the urge to unpack and play it.
This is a good recommendation as well in case you'll have interest in picking up a PSVR2 down the road! I'm already seeing that the game is out of stock at a few of my go-to online game stores, but maybe that's because I'm from a tiny EU country so your mileage may vary depending where you're from.

Edit: Also the box art is cool as fuck and I also dig the PSVR2 branding which is much nicer looking than that of the original PSVR.

6538410_sd.jpg

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Today I learned that Survivor is Ocalaly in polish.

Tom Cruise Mi GIF by Mission: Impossible

Also I did that with my Yakuza collection. The ones from Japan I ended up buying them on ebay, so I would say that's a safe bet for you too.

Battlefront II and Force Unleashed are the ones that come to mind.
It does sound really awkward that way, lol. I don't know why they even bothered translating that one word but they leave Star Wars without translating it to Gwiezdne Wojny.

Anyway, this thread reminded me that I always wanted to get my hands on the original PC releases of The Phantom Menace and Star Wars Racer. I'll try to seek those out now.

keraj37

I think the bigger question is will you have time to play them when you have the incredibles just sitting there.
This game is indeed incredibly good, but I already platinumed it 5 times so for a few weeks I am in good terms with SW games.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Battlefront and Jedi survivors comes to mind, I think EA and Dice are being overly cautious with releases. My Point is Battlefront 3 ok.

Top Bottom