• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Whenever I see a wall of text post address EviLore EviLore as "Tyler", I know I'm in for a doozy.
It's true.

Hey Tyler it's Transhuman, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there changing his username. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Incel Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It's true.

Hey Tyler it's Transhuman, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there changing his username. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Incel Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.
lol. That's always funny. Which shitheel said that originally?

Peggies

Gold Member
Man, there's so much negativity in here.
angry hate GIF

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

If you ever read this:

I have to admit I am not familiar with you. I can't recall ever discussing anything with you, at least. But you were angry at myself and others because we disagree with you on most matters of politics. There's no reason to get angry and hurl insults, it's OK to disagree. But it's probably for the best you're leaving because it's clear you are taking simple disagreements far too seriously and personally.

I wish all of the best things in life for you, truly. 👋

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
They probably changed the definition of radical while we were gone. They do love changing definitions.

I get why the new rules about what we’re now being told to call “conspiracy theories” are in place, EviLore EviLore . When advertisers start getting jumpy, you’ve got to take steps to protect your revenue stream. Can’t really fault you for that.

Further considering advertiser pressure, I also can’t really fault you for the millions of posts that evaporated from all across the site around the same time the new rules went into effect, first noticed by Falcs here (the “something something database mystery” explanation offered by ThatGamingDude ThatGamingDude is dubious at best, especially in light of the timing, and the subject was quickly swept under the rug).

What I can’t abide is hypocrisy. I don’t tolerate it IRL, and I won’t tolerate it elsewhere. And when the rule, as it’s written, by you, states that:

...only for you to, days later, not only allow this thread, but also write up a lengthy post of your own in its defense in spite of its unverifiable nature (your exact words in your summary were “we can’t directly verify that alleged KBB activity in 1987, but…” and if something is unverifiable, what else is it but a theory?), it starts to paint a certain picture.

And then for you to go scorched earth and start dishing out perms like Biden’s dishing out executive orders, that picture starts to take shape.

Meanwhile you’ve got notable dipshits like
BadBurger BadBurger and @Any Major Dude in the ban thread effectively dancing on the graves of longtime members (people who contributed a lot to the community outside of political hot takes), and @SF Kosmo creating what’s clearly a honeypot thread meant to bait more bans (his defense of the subject of his conspiracy theory thread, which he was gifted gold for, was nothing more than an appeal to authority) – another conspiracy theory thread left unscathed by the new rule, a thread whose subject and creator both fall squarely and unquestionably on the left end of the political spectrum.

Whether it was intentional on the staff’s part or not, the perception exists now that a certain group or type of people are no longer welcome here. And that’s not just my perception – just look at how many recent bans were self-requested, or check out some of the formerly active members who logged out back in mid-to-late January and haven’t been back. The people remaining here have noticed too; you’re seeing more posts asking where so-and-so person has been lately pop up in the metaGAF thread and elsewhere.

The obvious counterpoint to this is “hello, it’s a gaming forum, why are you even taking the Politics board so seriously?” Which is a good question. One that you might consider asking people like Nobody_Important Nobody_Important , @SF Kosmo , BadBurger BadBurger , and any of the others who have posted almost exclusively in the Politics board since the moment they hit Member status. Why did they come to a videogame forum strictly to preach their politics? Most of them in the months leading up to the election?

Why are they here?

Anyway, I’m logging out again. I was glad to join GAF back when all the crazies left, but now it’s Current Year. Crazy will seep into any crack it can find in a foundation, freeze up and crystallize, and destroy what you’ve built on top. But you know that already.

I’m not gonna request a ban, but I probably won’t be back either. Hope this all works out for you, Tyler.

I'm gonna miss you man. You and I shared a love of PHAT female booty... I hope you come back one day.. You're a good dude.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Because you were the only one who replied to him after he was banned.
There are quite literally others who also have replied.

At the time of writing i was not yet aware he was banned.
Nothing wrong with asking why a user is banned or saying you're sad to see them go and wish them well. They know the users departing and are being respectful, even if the user leaving is overreacting or being rude.
Agreed.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Alright. Fess up. Who's the major kiss-ass who gave Evilore gold?

This thread is just about the most interesting thing on this forum now. Shame its days are probably numbered.

Well look at those who liked the post ( most likely suspects).

Falcs

Banned
Despite a few members leaving, logged in members at any time has remained stable since this all started.
I would think its a big problem if those "few" were major (if not the main) contributors of content.

To me it seems the amount of content has dropped a large amount.

Falcs

Banned
Further considering advertiser pressure, I also can’t really fault you for the millions of posts that evaporated from all across the site around the same time the new rules went into effect, first noticed by Falcs here (the “something something database mystery” explanation offered by ThatGamingDude ThatGamingDude is dubious at best, especially in light of the timing, and the subject was quickly swept under the rug).
I hadn't noticed the timing.
That's even more weird.

Falcs

Banned
"Days are numbered?" Seriously? *Sigh*
A lot of the members who have decided to leave recently are using this thread to state their reasons.

When speech is being restricted, you wouldn't expect a place where said restrictions are being questioned to last very long.
Or maybe I'm wrong.

Ionian

A lot of the members who have decided to leave recently are using this thread to state their reasons.

When speech is being restricted, you wouldn't expect a place where said restrictions are being questioned to last very long.
Or maybe I'm wrong.

Didn't realize you were this OG Hearthstone card.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Or maybe I'm wrong.

I believe you're wrong for exactly the reasons you state.

I hated to see Cryptoadam and EK and others leave or be banned (not Quantum Feline or the other Canadian guy, though)... but what's so hard about not posting political conspiracy theories like "the great reset" or "dominion is run by Chavez" and pushing "Trump won!" ... ?

That crap is QAnon crap that even Alex Jones won't push! Even Q has stopped posting that crap... So why continue it? Trump lied to all his followers... He pushed those people to insurrection... Like how a demon pushes/influences people (if you believe that stuff)...

Just leave it alone and deal in facts and what's verifiable... And glad most lefties have left (heh heh) the Russian collusion/agent crap.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

Or maybe I'm wrong.
Speech is not being restricted. If being asked to cut out conspiracy theories and personal attacks is seen as a "restriction" to you then you need to take a few steps back and re-evaluate how you spend your time on the internet.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

Or maybe I'm wrong.
Equating fake news/ crazy conspiracy theories with free speech is like equating anarchy with freedom.

What was happening here was self-destructive.

Last edited:

Falcs

Banned
I believe you're wrong for exactly the reasons you state.

I hated to see Cryptoadam and EK and others leave or be banned (not Quantum Feline or the other Canadian guy, though)... but what's so hard about not posting political conspiracy theories like "the great reset" or "dominion is run by Chavez" and pushing "Trump won!" ... ?

That crap is QAnon crap that even Alex Jones won't push! Even Q has stopped posting that crap... So why continue it? Trump lied to all his followers... He pushed those people to insurrection... Like how a demon pushes/influences people (if you believe that stuff)...

Just leave it alone and deal in facts and what's verifiable... And glad most lefties have left (heh heh) the Russian collusion/agent crap.
What you and a lot of others don't seem to realise is that those who are leaving are not leaving because they can't discuss "conspiracies".

Who has actually said
"I'm leaving because I can't talk about xyz anymore."

Its not that at all. You're missing the bigger picture.

Most of them, while perhaps in disagreement with the rule change, accepted it and understood it was a decision made by the forum owner.
It was the events that immediately followed and have taken place since then that has driven the major posters of the last 3 years away.

Last edited:

nush

What you and a lot of others don't seem to realise is that those who are leaving are not leaving because they can't discuss "conspiracies".

Who has actually said

Most of them, while perhaps in disagreement with the rule change, accepted it and understood it was a decision made by the forum owner.
It was the events that immediately followed and have taken place since then that has driven the major posters of the last 3 years away.

Better go make your own forum then, you sound like an expert with skills that are going to waste.

Falcs

Banned
Better go make your own forum then, you sound like an expert with skills that are going to waste.
Just look up the final posts of those who have left. None of them are leaving because they can't say "Trump won" anymore.

Who has actually said

Have you seen a drop in new users joining? How about the total number of monthly posts? Total number of users online?

Some of the major posters who have seemingly vanished are in fact just posting less, if at all, but continue to browse the forums.

Last edited:

Falcs

Banned
Have you seen a drop in new users joining? How about the total number of monthly posts? Total number of users online?

Some of the major posters who have seemingly vanished are in fact just posting less, if at all, but continue to browse the forums.
Sorry, who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom