• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, did I just get called out by Microsoft's JEFF BELL?!

Aisenherz

Banned
Propagandhim said:
This is pathetic. It's not like Jeff Bell did anything completely outlandish. The fact that 1UP contacted Microsoft to bust Bell over a stupid NeoGAF PM, possibly jeopardizing his career is ****ing stupid.
!!
So true!

Razoric

Banned
RogueHobbit said:
I disagree.

This is a legitimate news story form 1up's point of view. Can't fault them for that. Covering the gaming industry is more than just writing previews and reviews.

Now, you may get pissed for selfish reasons (i.e. you think this ruins the chance of Bell posting in this thread), but that is another matter.

Yes, this is a legit, hard hitting story.

Asshole forum members relentlessly make fun of big wig MS exec.

Said MS exec reads personal attacks, decides to respond to one via PM.

Asshole forum members find out, attack him even more.

1up posts news story about said events, Microsoft has yet to comment.

What will happen?!? WHAT WAS JEFF THINKING?? IS THIS THE END OF THE 360? :lol

besada said:
It's just another example of the mods breaking their own rules. Not like it's new or anything.
Give it a rest already. It's not as if his name hid his identity very well. His PM was pretty lame anyway. If this had stayed at gaf, everyone would have had a laugh out of it, even Jeff. ;)

DMczaf

jobber said:
1up = snitch

494392158_f935cc2349.jpg

SantaC

1up just moved down a lot. How the **** can they make news over someone posting at a forum?! Bell is just human like us ffs!

I think that 1UP is doing the right thing by asking MS about this, does MS really want someone working for them who is gonna call out a random person on a message board for saying things about them? Hire someone with tougher skin MS.

RogueHobbit

Neo Member
Razoric said:

Hard hitting? No.

But legitimate news (from 1UP's perspective), sure. They cover the gaming industry for God's sake, not world affairs.

The point is Jeff Bell is a marketing exec for a multi-billion dollar corporation. He should know better. You would think he knows better.

unomas

Banned
Phthisis said:
For all of you who bitch about the state of gaming journalism today, the 1UP story is probably the poorest piece of "journalism" I've seen around the industry in quite some time. All it is tasteless, senseless drivel that has no bearing on anything important.

How about we go out there and do some actual reporting on some issues that matter, instead of F5ing NeoGAF all day to come up with your stories, eh 1UP?

Agreed, what is this the 4th grade? Seriously 1up..........wow.

darkressurection said:
I think that 1UP is doing the right thing by asking MS about this, does MS really want someone working for them who is gonna call out a random person on a message board for saying things about them? Hire someone with tougher skin MS.
WTF?! Are you serious? :lol

lips

crazyscreenwriter said:
Would've been more embarassing if he called himsef slutbanger801

:lol :lol

Embarrassed? No way, that nick would be frick'n sweet, dude!!

/considers using this for WiC

fernoca

Razoric said:

:lol :lol :lol
Someone is pissy...

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
badcrumble said:
I don't think you understand the Internet, because if he lost his job over this it'd be extra hilarious. And he won't lose his job over this. But what's funny about this isn't that he did something particularly outlandish but that he managed to sound like a total thin-skinned nerd with no idea how to flame somebody.

He sounded to me more like a pretentious asshole. Very unbecoming, but just look at the guy. He's the opitime of corporate douchebaggery.

"And your contribution to society is... what?"

Coming from a VP of Marketing. One of the slimiest careers to ever exist.

Your entire life is based around shitting down the throat of society, and you have the nerve to ask what someone else has contributed to it?

Souldriver said:
Give it a rest already. It's not as if his name hid his identity very well. His PM was pretty lame anyway. If this had stayed at gaf, everyone would have had a laugh out of it, even Jeff. ;)

Yup. Things started to get sour after 1up decided to run with this "story."

besada said:
It's just another example of the mods breaking their own rules. Not like it's new or anything.

do you have connections or something?

This must be like the 5th time I've seen you bitch about mods/admins doing their job... and you're still free to run your ****ing mouth off about it.

Master Ninja didn't even say anything that inflammatory to Jeff Bell (at least from the link he provided in the OP). There were other posters who said worse things about him.

FlyinJ said:
He sounded to me more like a pretentious asshole. Very unbecoming, but just look at the guy. He's the opitime of corporate douchebaggery.

"And your contribution to society is... what?"

Coming from a VP of Marketing. One of the slimiest careers to ever exist.

Your entire life is based around shitting down the throat of society, and you have the nerve to ask what someone else has contributed to it?

QFT.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
besada said:
What rule would that be, exactly?

Jaffe gets called out here publicly like it's going out of style, defends his games publicly, rips posters and their parental heritage, and generally rolls with the punches.

Dyack gets called out here publicly like it's going out of style, defends his game publicly, and generally rolls with the punches.

If you think Jeff Bell - or anyone at MS, for that matter - gives a shit about this, or is treating this with any more weight than the first two guys I mentioned, go ahead and take up the Bell man's burden. Wail to the heavens and cover yourself with ashes if it suits you. All this will blow over, the thread will get archived, and years from now you can regale your friends with stories of your valiant attempts to restore balance to the force. Devs will still post, anonymously and not-so-much, and posters will continue to provide NeoGAF with endless entertainment.

internets. serious business.

timnich

Seriously 1up, wtf is up with this being considered news. It was funny at first, but now it's just sad with Patrick being a dick and trying to stir up more controversy. They want to be taken more seriously as real journalists, and then put up shit like this.

Top Bottom