• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, did I just get called out by Microsoft's JEFF BELL?!

TheJollyCorner said:
do you have connections or something?

This must be like the 5th time I've seen you bitch about mods/admins doing their job... and you're still free to run your ****ing mouth off about it.
american%20psycho%20full.jpg

Bell might be a weenie (he definitely comes off as one), but I doubt he's an idiot, so I'm sure he knew what would happen when he made that PM. The only real question is, did he do it out of not-giving-a-crap-about-internet-crying chutzpah, or did he do it to give MS a new "guy with personality" face after the loss of Moore?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I love how people here are so concerned about this guy losing his job over this (he wont) like they know him personally or his paycheck affects them in any way. :lol

everything from this thread to the 1up article doesn't add anything to society, its just funny. relax people.

YYZ

This is definitely not news for 1up, Itagaki is just owning left and right today, praise be to Him.

Aisenherz

Banned
bishoptl said:
If you think Jeff Bell - or anyone at MS, for that matter - gives a shit about this, or is treating this with any more weight than the first two guys I mentioned, go ahead and take up the Bell man's burden. Devs will still post, anonymously and not-so-much, and posters will continue to provide NeoGAF with endless entertainment.

internets. serious business.
Perfect post

bishoptl said:
What rule would that be, exactly?

Jaffe gets called out here publicly like it's going out of style, defends his games publicly, rips posters and their parental heritage, and generally rolls with the punches.

Dyack gets called out here publicly like it's going out of style, defends his game publicly, and generally rolls with the punches.

If you think Jeff Bell - or anyone at MS, for that matter - gives a shit about this, or is treating this with any more weight than the first two guys I mentioned, go ahead and take up the Bell man's burden. Wail to the heavens and cover yourself with ashes if it suits you. All this will blow over, the thread will get archived, and years from now you can regale your friends with stories of your valiant attempts to restore balance to the force. Devs will still post, anonymously and not-so-much, and posters will continue to provide NeoGAF with endless entertainment.

GIT EM' BISH!

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
bishoptl said:

Jaffe gets called out here publicly like it's going out of style, defends his games publicly, rips posters and their parental heritage, and generally rolls with the punches.

Dyack gets called out here publicly like it's going out of style, defends his game publicly, and generally rolls with the punches.

If you think Jeff Bell - or anyone at MS, for that matter - gives a shit about this, or is treating this with any more weight than the first two guys I mentioned, go ahead and take up the Bell man's burden. Wail to the heavens and cover yourself with ashes if it suits you. All this will blow over, the thread will get archived, and years from now you can regale your friends with stories of your valiant attempts to restore balance to the force. Devs will still post, anonymously and not-so-much, and posters will continue to provide NeoGAF with endless entertainment.

Bish laying the smack down!

turok-20070702050008744.jpg

JoeMartin

Propagandhim said:
This is pathetic. It's not like Jeff Bell did anything completely outlandish. The fact that 1UP contacted Microsoft to bust Bell over a stupid NeoGAF PM, possibly jeopardizing his career is ****ing stupid.

Lacks a sense of humor

Segata Sanshiro said:
Bell might be a weenie (he definitely comes off as one), but I doubt he's an idiot, so I'm sure he knew what would happen when he made that PM. The only real question is, did he do it out of not-giving-a-crap-about-internet-crying chutzpah, or did he do it to give MS a new "guy with personality" face after the loss of Moore?

Ahh the 'ol "condescending preppy boy" persona. Every company needs one.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Outside of the fact that you guys have suddenly lost your sense of humor, this is a perfectly legitimate news story. A high ranking Microsoft executive it spending his time bizarrely responding to message board posts heckling his performance -- for all the focus Microsoft puts on its community, this is how their upper level employees embrace it? Sorry I spoiled the GAF secret -- as if everyone wasn't already linking here to begin with!

Haunted

eXxy said:
You guys want everyone in the world to post here, then complain when someone points out that GAF is popular. YOU BITCHES ARE NEVER SATISFIED. Can I leave work now plz? Maybe Jeff is waiting at my apt and overheating my PS3.
Of course, there are over 5000 people on GAF. You think you can make all of us happy? AHUAHUAHUA

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
eXxy said:
Outside of the fact that you guys have suddenly lost your sense of humor, this is a perfectly legitimate news story. A high ranking Microsoft executive it spending his time bizarrely responding to message board posts heckling his performance -- for all the focus Microsoft puts on its community, this is how their upper level employees embrace it? Sorry I spoiled the GAF secret -- as if everyone wasn't already linking here to begin with!

Agree with this and bish posts...

BTW where the hell are the Xbox community crew or whatever the hell they are called?

As for 1up posting a news item, how is that any different than regular news posting so so news on a slow news day?

Yeah like having paris hilton splashed all over the news networks was "news".

Simply enjoy the laughs and move on... geez.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
bishoptl said:

:lol :lol :lol

fernoca said:
:lol :lol :lol
Someone is pissy...
You know you used that same line on me after you went:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Look Crush I can post smiley's only to
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

GTFO. That day I was in a bad mood so I thought I was reading you wrong man, why you have to play me like that? I thought us Nintendo fans were supposed to be blood brothers? why you tripping all out on me?

Blader

darkressurection said:
I think that 1UP is doing the right thing by asking MS about this, does MS really want someone working for them who is gonna call out a random person on a message board for saying things about them? Hire someone with tougher skin MS.

Who the **** cares though? Nobody was thinking about turning this into an issue of ethics or however 1UP chooses to spin it.

The point is that this kind of thing can and will scare off industry bigwigs from GAF. Bell isn't going to lose his job over insulting Master Ninja, but people like Bell are going to be far less inclined to join/post here if anything they say is going to come under the scrutiny of desperate journalists.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I don't know, he may be very smart about some things but it's quite possible that he's a bit of an idiot about internet culture. Either he meant that as a burn (in which case it's a lame one) or he meant it (in which case he's a dick).

Segata Sanshiro said:

Even if that wasn't his intention, it's certainly how things have played out. Expect tons of Bell gifs and photoshops from GAF after this. "And what is your contribution to society?" is already on its path to becoming the next meme around these parts.

With one question mark Bell has gone from a relatively unliked and unknown MS rep to a NeoGAF superstar. Genius. :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The point is that this kind of thing can and will scare off industry bigwigs from GAF. Bell isn't going to lose his job over insulting Master Ninja, but people like Bell are going to be far less inclined to join/post here if anything they say is going to come under the scrutiny of desperate journalists.

Why should we care if they post here? Really?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Blader5489 said:
Who the **** cares though? Nobody was thinking about turning this into an issue of ethics or however 1UP chooses to spin it.

You act like this is the first clash between industry bigwigs/someone in the industry and GAF... it isn't, not by a long shot.

JoeMartin

Blader5489 said:

There's no such thing as bad publicity, as is quite evident by this thread.

Note the positive response to Bell.

lips

Blader5489 said:

I already know the guy is too busy rubbing all the millions ms pays him over his body to care either way.

tombur

1up took it a little too far, but this thread is golden. Shame we had no response from the man himself :lol

If he's smart, he says it was all a joke, to stir up GAF - it's the only thing to do!

bishoptl said:

Really! what a bunch of thin skinned nerds. Remeber his paycheck people, and then keep feeling sorry for him if you must, maybe even go wash his porsche for free or something.

KevinRo

eXxy said:

It made everyone on this forum laugh and brought some e-cred to Bell. It was hardly news worthy of being on a arguably well respected gaming-site.

Top Bottom