• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

Dude, wtf. How the hell do we keep getting shat on for objectifying women in video games and yet all these women today cosplay our gaming characters in the most obscene way possible?

Like, wtf man. The hypocrisy and the contradiction between the two is just mind boggling.

I love ass and boobs as much as anyone, but cosplay sure has turned to just baiting men into paying money for their onlyfans account.

synce

Dude, wtf. How the hell do we keep getting shat on for objectifying women in video games and yet all these women today cosplay our gaming characters in the most obscene way possible?

Like, wtf man. The hypocrisy and the contradiction between the two is just mind boggling.

I love ass and boobs as much as anyone, but cosplay sure has turned to just baiting men into paying money for their onlyfans account.

I think their official reasoning is that only women can objectify themselves.... er, "empower" themselves. They're not objects in those photos they sell for people to rub one out to, they're strong women. And if a woman looks exactly like these strong women in a videogame, it's completely unrealistic, because real women don't look...like...that?

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I think their official reasoning is that only women can objectify themselves.... er, "empower" themselves. They're not objects in those photos they sell for people to rub one out to, they're strong women. And if a woman looks exactly like these strong women in a videogame, it's completely unrealistic, because real women don't look...like...that?

Well... the women and male feminists that cry about it certainly don't look like that.

Lmao yeah the mental gymnastics is fucked and all it leads to is women sexualizing themselves, recusing themselves from being shamed, and getting away with calling men sexists because we react and respond to how they portray themselves.

Again, I have no issues with any woman wanting to wear and display what they want - I just have an issue with how we're being blamed for being XYZ while being bombarded with ABC.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
3p7nays5n7p61.jpg
Kalinka-Fox-Lady-Dimitrescu-10.jpg
grt4l17ng2y61.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Step 1, step 2… stop those women from objectifying themselves.

I find one thing weirdest of all… the people making a case for non strictly heterosexual attraction (which being true does not surprise anyone) and equality can only see male gaze… one enemy at a time.

We are going back to puritan view of sex and the body.

There's this weird perception that fictional, polygonal women are essentially real but can't consent to being dressed in a sexy outfit by developers, so it counts as some form of virtual sexual assault, but if a flesh and blood woman chooses to show off her body well, at least that's consensual.

It's also just simple virtue signaling, putting ugly or at least non-sexy women in games simply signals "we're not like THOSE Gamergator type of gamers!" from devs.

Kuranghi

No, but I do brush them, and even though I drink coffee my teeth are white and shiny.

I was just wondering, not suggesting its the only way to keep your teeth white. I don't really understand this distain for slightly yellowed teeth, we get wrinkles, we get grey hair and eventually no matter how well you keep your teeth they will start to yellow/not be white anymore when you get older. To me its the same as saying about someone over 30 "oh she has some wrinkles now, what an uggo!".

I like that people/women have lived different lives and time affects them differently. I think I'm just thinking about it more because my mate did it a while back and his smile looks so weird/fake to me now, but I guess thats just because its not the norm here to have super white teeth even though we of course brush our teeth also.

UnNamed

Banned
She's some of the few cosplayer I follow since she's not one of those who think dress sexy=dress like a slut, I didn't know she was russian. Kudos for her.

I honestly don't see a contradiction. Those complaining about objectification or whatever are in most cases either whiteknight males or ugly females. The hot cosplayers just enjoy the attention and the simp bucks.

Bro this thread is an actual time machine. Going back to 06-08 and looking at those cosplays, compared to today, is VERY jarring. It's like image editing effects and the costumes themselves have gotten so precise (also not nearly as much erotic cosplays back then)
You made me go back and look. The cosplay is considerably more tame. The biggest blast from the past for me was everyone using Tripod.com to host photos. Forgot about that place.

Kenpachii

Bro this thread is an actual time machine. Going back to 06-08 and looking at those cosplays, compared to today, is VERY jarring. It's like image editing effects and the costumes themselves have gotten so precise (also not nearly as much erotic cosplays back then)

I like back in the day more, for the simple reason its what people did with what they got.

Now u basically have a bunch of rich people, making 1 on 1 suits to replicate the real thing perfectly, and tons of girls that basically just use it as erotic material and get bankrolled hard to the point they also have 1 on 1 outfits. It kinda pushes away from the original idea of just going with what you got and try to look the best u can do yourself and as a fun time. It's now a career for many of them.

But with everything, once it gets populaire enough its getting ruined by those people for maximum gains.

Top Bottom