• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 3D Sonic Animated Series on Netflix 2022

SonicJams

Taken from Tails Channel

A new Sonic the Hedgehog 3D animated series is in the works, Netflix announced in a now-deleted tweet this Thursday afternoon.

The series is being developed by WildBrain (Previous Sonic Cartoons) and Man of Action Entertainment (Ben 10) and is slated to premiere in 2022.

EDlgcrw.jpg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm sure my young nephew will love it. Even my 13 year old son will probably be too old for this.

Unless they go totally crazy and make it x-rated. Like fifty shades of Grey mixed with Vikings or something like that. Then I'd be interested.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm sure my young nephew will love it. Even my 13 year old son will probably be too old for this.

Unless they go totally crazy and make it x-rated. Like fifty shades of Grey mixed with Vikings or something like that. Then I'd be interested.
Dude, the world is not ready for an x-rated Sonic Netflix series.

Saber

Gold Member
As long is based on Classic Sonic and not some dumb shit like Boom, I'm all for it.
And thats not to say Boom was terrible. It was a lamish idea create yet another version of the characters because why not.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it will premiere the same year as the CG animated Super Mario Bros movie. Interested to see what they will be like.
I smell a crossover

As long is based on Classic Sonic and not some dumb shit like Boom, I'm all for it.
And thats not to say Boom was terrible. It was a lamish idea create yet another version of the characters because why not.

TBF the Boom animated series was actually pretty good. In fact I kind of struggle to think of a Sonic animated series that was actually bad. My favorite is the one with Jaleel White doing the voice tho, muh childhood and such.

Kadve

TBF the Boom animated series was actually pretty good. In fact I kind of struggle to think of a Sonic animated series that was actually bad. My favorite is the one with Jaleel White doing the voice tho, muh childhood and such.
The sonic OVA had issues, but yea i would also struggle to actually call it outright bad.

Funny how Sonic seems to be successful in everything besides video games. Guess the character is simply more endearing to watch/read about than play.

Kadve

Man of action are the guys behind Ben 10 and Generator Rex, so Sonic is definitely in good hands there. (Granted, they were also behind the recent Mega Man cartoon, which i heard wasn't very good)

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

Sonic Boom wasn't bad but it wasn't something to brag about either. It's totally watchable, which is good. My main gripe was Sonic old voice, but since he left not long ago they can open the space for a new one. Maybe the one from the film.

Man of action are the guys behind Ben 10 and Generator Rex, so Sonic is definitely in good hands there. (Granted, they were also behind the recent Mega Man cartoon, which i heard wasn't very good)

This is good news to me. But now I wonder if its more about action or a comedy.

Last edited:
Sonic Boom wasn't bad but it wasn't something to brag about either. It's totally watchable, which is good. My main gripe was Sonic old voice, but since he left not long ago they can open the space for a new one. Maybe the one from the film.

This is good news to me. But now I wonder if its more about action or a comedy.

For sure; Boom animated series was by no means a masterpiece but perfectly serviceable and entertaining for the target audience. Also some crazy red-pilled moments in there like the based-Knuckles speech to Amy that became a meme xD. I don't have any nostalgia for the show but it wasn't aimed at me anyway.

Astral Dog

Sonic animated series are more than good than bad at least it should be fun, even at worst they still have better writting than most 3d sonics

Top Bottom