• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bandai Namco trademarks in Japan suggest Klonoa 1 & 2 Remasters are on the way (Gematsu)

I'd be happy to see this happen as they're a couple of really good platformers

Gematsu:
Bandai Namco has filed trademarks for “Waffuu Encore” and “1&2 Encore” in Japan.

“Encore” is what Bandai Namco subtitles its remastered game releases in Japan. For example, Katamari Damacy Reroll is titled Katamari Damacy Encore in Japan, and Mr. Driller DrillLand is titled Mr. Driller Encore.

“Waffuu” is the catch phrase of the Klonoa series’ titular protagonist. Bandai Namco trademarked “Klonoa Encore” alongside “Mr. Driller Encoreback in September 2019. Coupled with today’s trademarks, an announcement may finally be approaching. The “1&2 Encore” trademark could indicate it will include both Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and Klonoa 2: Lunatea’s Veil.

Gematsu Article

Not my video but posting it as I'm sure there are people who don't know the games.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
About time.

Including both versions of Klonoa 1 would be nice. The Wii version is better in everything except the cutscenes.

Klonoa 2 and the GBA games have been stuck on their original hardware for way too long.

sublimit

Banned
Awesome. I have only played the Wii Remake (of the original) and the demo of the original on PS1.

Hope they make a new one as well.

Last edited:

PJX

Klonoa was awesome but I wish they tried to remake it a la Crash bandicoot instead of a remaster but that's great nonetheless.
From Bandai Namco?
Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Klonoa 2 and the original SSX are the only reasons I hook up my PS2 every few weeks

Klonoa is one of the most underrated series and my fav platformer (well Sonic is my fav but tbh Klonoa is better)

This is well overdue! Now all I'm waiting for is a Lunar remake

HYDE

Banned
About time.

Including both versions of Klonoa 1 would be nice. The Wii version is better in everything except the cutscenes.

Klonoa 2 and the GBA games have been stuck on their original hardware for way too long.
Yes! A collection of every Klonoa game would be swell.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In September, the publisher registered trademarks in Japan for ‘Waffuu Encore’ and ‘1&2 Encore’.

This led some to believe that this meant Klonoa was returning – although the Klonoa games weren’t known as Waffuu in Japan, one of Klonoa’s trademark catchphrases is “Wahoo”, which Bandai Namco may have translated to “Waffuu”.

Now those claims have been given further credence with a new trademark registration made in the UK on Friday, for ‘Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series’.

anthony2690

Banned
I really really hope this comes to Xbox, as I love Klonoa Door to Phantomile on psone, I'm holding out hope as bandai namco have been pretty good at supporting the Xbox platform :)

Top Bottom