• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new DOA4 x360 ad...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

the-second-ad-20050803111224966.jpg

temp

posting on contract only
She looks like some super-intellectual alien from the original Star Trek.

raYne

Oblivion said:
Kasumi is better. Also has bigger boobies.
I agree.. Kasumi is better... than a character we've never used before...

Anyway, it fits with the first ad. The next one will probably be zoomed out even more and show off the background/blurring effects.

..pakbeka.. said:
something about the faces of the doa girls makes me scared, they are all too creepy
Word up.

Take a look at that pic in the thumbnail above. Her facial detail looks only marginally better than early Tekken CG. Better proportioned and better direction, but the same basic waxy, low detail look.

The girls alone can't sell the graphics as next-gen, but, in the end, they will sell the game.

tekkazu-6.jpg

ArcadeStickMonk said:
Word up.

Take a look at that pic in the thumbnail above. Her facial detail looks only marginally better than early Tekken CG. Better proportioned and better direction, but the same basic waxy, low detail look.

The girls alone can't sell the graphics as next-gen, but, in the end, they will sell the game.

tekkazu-6.jpg
They're digital action figures, they always have been. I still find it hard to believe some people have an issue with these models. Sure they're not gritty like in VF but they were never meant to be. They're crisp and clean and will look f'n fabulous on an HDTV set. Can't wait for it really especially sense they've changed the gameplay.

Is this meant to appeal to those who are already into DOA games? It doesn't look like a video game ad to me. Maybe I just don't get it...

raYne

Yeah, all the DoA ads were similar. The old DoA ads for 1, 2, 3 and Ultimate were pretty much the same thing, the only difference was it featured a different character. I think they used Christie for 3, but Kasumi was used in the majority of the others.

Top Bottom