• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I the only one hyped for FFXIV Xbox?

Desless1

Why did SE made it do existing players on other platforms can't join the beta?

A bit strange you can only join as brand new player. Ugh.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
For me it's less of an issue of some people being excited about the release of the game and more about trying to sell a game to anyone that requires a double subscription on Xbox.

killatopak

Gold Member
Why did SE made it do existing players on other platforms can't join the beta?

A bit strange you can only join as brand new player. Ugh.
Do you want server issues? Cause that’s how you get server issues.

At least with the beta they can gauge how much they need to increase server capacity and adjust accordingly instead of it going above and everybody else being affected.

Desless1

Do you want server issues? Cause that’s how you get server issues.

At least with the beta they can gauge how much they need to increase server capacity and adjust accordingly instead of it going above and everybody else being affected.
No, this has nothing to do with server capacity at all. Or issues as you call it. They won't have an influx of millions of players. Too old of a game, even though FF is popular series.

It's an open beta, first time I've come across someone making it available only for new players.

I can however buy that they might have some back-end issues with existing accounts and the linking. But how to test that properly if not including all type of players?

Maybe open beta, phase 2 if it's planned will include more people. But seems like we who game on PC must wait for official release.

killatopak

Gold Member
No, this has nothing to do with server capacity at all. Or issues as you call it. They won't have an influx of millions of players. Too old of a game, even though FF is popular series.
Uhh yes it does. You can’t even create a character when the server is full and believe me they can be full depending on the time of day and day of the week.

Taken as whole, the game has a lot of space for new accounts and players but for specific worlds, it does not.

Last edited:

Valonquar

I am quite hyped to profit off the minor wave of new players. Honestly though I suspect the Xbro numbers will be pretty low percentage of population.

RPS37

For me it's less of an issue of some people being excited about the release of the game and more about trying to sell a game to anyone that requires a double subscription on Xbox.
My argument would probably start that with the trial, you can get to level 70 tho

RPS37

Started it. Kinda getting some FF11 vibes but this intro tutorial part is TEDIOUS. I just wanna start grinding fighting mobs.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I really wanted to, but I think I’m in a stage of my life that I can’t have more than one GaaS in my life, and mine was Fortnite, then Helldivers, and now back to Fortnite. And those always take a back seat to single player games.

I just started Death Stranding Director’s Cut, so I will play even less of the GaaS.

Crayon

I hear only good things about it these days but never really got to try it. I did play for like an hour and though it could be really interesting.

Kumomeme

Started it. Kinda getting some FF11 vibes but this intro tutorial part is TEDIOUS. I just wanna start grinding fighting mobs.
if you expect this gonna be a grinding of field for level type of MMO, FF14 is not that kind of game.

mostly you doing quest and awared exp for completion. mobs on world give small number of exp. so nobody farm level on field due to this.

just focus on main storyline quest. you good to go.

Amaranty

There's no grinding mobs. You just do quests and dungeons to level. The leveling process is one the weakest part in FF XIV. People say that the first 50 levels is slow and boring, but it rarely gets any better with the later expansions.

In Stormblood (2nd expansion) one of your NPC ally comments that one of the best ways to gain a certain group's trust is to help them with their mundane tasks. Then the game gave me 3 mundane quests...

Your allies call you the warrior of light and sometimes they show remorse for always relying on you, but then they ask you to do another pointless fetch quest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom