• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I the only one hyped for FFXIV Xbox?

Zuzu

I’d be interested if I could transfer my character from the PS5 to the Xbox but I doubt that’ll be possible since you can’t do it between PS5 and PC. I’m not starting a new character and a new game again.

Resenge

I’d be interested if I could transfer my character from the PS5 to the Xbox but I doubt that’ll be possible since you can’t do it between PS5 and PC. I’m not starting a new character and a new game again.
What do you mean? It's an MMO. Your character is server side. You just buy the game on Xbox, login with your already used account and there are your characters.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I've got a disgusting amount of hours on PS and PC. But I'm happy you and more people get to play it and be excited, it's a fantastic MMO (personally my favorite)

Zuzu

What do you mean? It's an MMO. Your character is server side. You just buy the game on Xbox, login with your already used account and there are your characters.

I don’t believe it’s possible with the free trial version which is the version I think I have.

Last edited:

Resenge

I don’t believe it’s possible with the free trial version which is the version I think I have.
Ahh I did not think about that. Strange they would force you to buy the game on a different platform and not allow your trial account to be used.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
The good news is you don't have to wait. The game's been out for well over a decade on pretty much every device under the sun. Hell, you can pick up an old €50 toaster PC and play it there right now if you want.

I mean, more games is always good, but 'being hyped' really is the wrong choice of words here. Anyone who was ever truly hyped by this game has played it already

ManaByte

Gold Member
FFIV is 14 years old by now, it was fun but most people who wanted to play it did it already on PC or PS 3, 4 or 5

There are still millions of people playing it on PC and PS5 right now. They're releasing a new expansion this year and a graphics upgrade. The game isn't a dead as you're trying to pretend it is.

If FF14 is anything like FF11
It's not. XI is an old-school MMO through and through, and has no hand-holding whatsoever.

XIV is almost the exact opposite. It's more of a WoW clone that holds your hand every step of the way (for better or worse).

Not saying it's a bad game of course (been playing it for 10+ years), but y'know... keeping your expectations in check is probably a good idea.

That said, if you enjoyed the story in XI, then there's a good chance you'll be able to immerse yourself in XIV's story as well.

MarkMe2525

After seeing what WoW did to my cousin, I vowed to never touch a MMO, as I recognized that I would be vulnerable to their spell. Ya'll have fun with it, but I am not touching with a 10 foot pole.

I loved playing it for a bit solo. Then it forced me into doing a dungeon with randoms, and they ended up being complete assholes because it was my first team dungeon. It made me uncomfortable, and I thought why would I pay monthly for people to be assholes to me, when I can get that for free in real life lol

Last edited:

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
It is absolutely nothing like FFXI aside from sharing some of the same races (but under different names). Still a great game though. I stopped playing it about 4 years ago though, I just cant play mmos anymore.

I loved playing it for a bit solo. Then it forced me into doing a dungeon with randoms, and they ended up being complete assholes because it was my first team dungeon. It made me uncomfortable, and I thought why would I pay monthly for people to be assholes to me, when I can get that for free in real life lol
Good news is that all MSQ dungeons are now playable with a party of AI, so you don't need to interact with other players for a sizeable portion of the game. Only time you NEED to group up is for 8-player trial boss fights, which are generally over within 10 minutes.

Good news is that all MSQ dungeons are now playable with a party of AI, so you don't need to interact with other players for a sizeable portion of the game. Only time you NEED to group up is for 8-player trial boss fights, which are generally over within 10 minutes.
Really?? Oh man, I might have to jump back in then. I absolutely adored the game outside of that one dungeon. I’m sure most people are pleasant to play it with, it was just such a bad experience with them that it turned me away. Thanks for the update!

I got like level 68 in FF11.
Started on the X360 beta off a demo disc.
I still have dreams about that game.
If FF14 is anything like FF11, I cant wait for February 21st.

like some had already mentioned, XIV is a lot easy going than XI. I played XI for 8 years back in the days and it consumed my life back then. that was a different time and different game/internet culture thou so while the experience was great for me, it simply isn't possible to happen again. XIV is a lot more casual friendly while still providing the hardcore gameplay for those who seeks that. I think you will definitely enjoy it if you go in with a open mindset. just remember that the base story when you first start might not be much to write home about, but things will pick up around the end of the ARR (base game) story and will only get better as you go into Heavensward.

I'm pretty sure lots of people hyped since its very beloved game.....unfortunately for me, I'm not in to MMO.

No much unless I can get my friends to play it. Hopefully SE won’t make it too hard to convince them.

After seeing what WoW did to my cousin, I vowed to never touch a MMO, as I recognized that I would be vulnerable to their spell. Ya'll have fun with it, but I am not touching with a 10 foot pole.

I do understand the hesitation of going into a MMO, be it due to how much there is to do or due to toxic player behavior. but I feel XIV might be the best way to give it a try, since the free trial has no time limit, allows you to play up to the 2nd expansion, and a lot of the early dungeons can be play with a team of NPCs. only the boss fights would require you to party up but the match making usually make those pretty easy. and the community of XIV is generally pretty friendly and chill (not saying there won't be toxic A-holes, but compare to other MMOs, XIV is REALLY friendly) so you usually don't need to worry about those all that much. give the free trial a go and see how you like it.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
F2JVQE0WQAEOqWg.jpg:large

Does it come to GP tho

TexMex

Yes but not because it’s bad but because most have just jumped in on PS4, PS5 or PC by now. When they announced this my reaction was “who is this for?” but I guess now I know.

RPS37

Y’all keep saying it’s casual friendly like that’s a bad thing.
I hated the fact I basically NEEDED a full squad to ever level in FF11.

Also, Bros?
Am I late? I jumped in to Final Fantasy 11 on Xbox 360.
Its a PS2 game.

Last edited:

Same ol G

There are still millions of people playing it on PC and PS5 right now. They're releasing a new expansion this year and a graphics upgrade. The game isn't a dead as you're trying to pretend it is.
I never pretended it was dead.
He asked a question why there was no hype, i answered that the game is old already so most people who wanted to play it already did.
Since when are people hyped by 14 year old releases?
Expansions don't matter it doesn't suddenly make the game brand new again.

RPS37

I never assumed I was the only one hyped.
Also why do people keep saying it’s fourteen years old?
aCcWKUO.jpg

meatsauce

Neo Member
Read the title wrong. Thought it was about FF16 port :messenger_dizzy:
FF14 on Series X would be very welcome though.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll

Exactly my experience. Liked it except for the multiplayer dungeons, and also the stuff between the actual chapters was pretty boring with the endless fetch quests.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Y’all keep saying it’s casual friendly like that’s a bad thing.
I hated the fact I basically NEEDED a full squad to ever level in FF11.

Also, Bros?
Am I late? I jumped in to Final Fantasy 11 on Xbox 360.
Its a PS2 game.
Yeah. That was the problem. You could not play solo in FF11 and get ahead.

That is why WoW changed to where you could actually solo zones.

Resenge

Yeah. That was the problem. You could not play solo in FF11 and get ahead.

That is why WoW changed to where you could actually solo zones.
The upside is there was something special farming XP when you had a group who knew their role and played well, I miss that difficulty even though I could not devote the time these days.

The Free Trial version, including the open beta test, will not require an Xbox Game Pass (Core or Ultimate) plan to play. However, the full Xbox Series X|S version will require an Xbox Game Pass (Core or Ultimate) plan to play.

not sure if it'll stay that way but that seems like a bad idea to require Game Pass plan on Xbox while it doesn't require PS+ on PS. wonder if it's some issues with MS or something...?

Also why do people keep saying it’s fourteen years old?

because the original FFXIV 1.0, which no longer exist now, released back in September 2010. it's one of the most interesting come back stories in thr gaming industry, along with No Man's Sky. there are even a few documentaries on it too. one of which is the NoClip 3 parts videos. highly recommend watching if you're interested.

The upside is there was something special farming XP when you had a group who knew their role and played well, I miss that difficulty even though I could not devote the time these days.

yeah. it was a different time and different culture back then. XI will always have a special place in my heart even thou the XI I love and wish to play no longer exists.

RPS37

because the original FFXIV 1.0, which no longer exist now, released back in September 2010. it's one of the most interesting come back stories in thr gaming industry, along with No Man's Sky. there are even a few documentaries on it too. one of which is the NoClip 3 parts videos. highly recommend watching if you're interested.
1.0 should not count as the game.
I'm sure A Realm Reborn was basically a whole different game, but I’ll watch the documentary.

Kumomeme

Last edited:

You can solo most of the required content now with NPCs using the Duty Support System.

Top Bottom