• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new EPIII pics (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSN2K

comiccon_v08.jpg

vador02.jpg

comiccon_v06.jpg

comiccon_v11.jpg

comiccon_v13.jpg

comiccon_v15.jpg

img4107da0ec2174.jpg

jett

D-Member
Heh, that EP2 line is probably the most misquoted quote ever. He doesn't say "you", he says "here". Movie's still garbage though.

Cool pics, Hayden looks EVIL there. There might be hope for this one yet.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ferrio said:
Something is wrong with a movie when all the pictures you get of it are blue/greenscreen backdrops.

So your not seeing Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow? Or Sin City? :(

Alucard

Banned
The CG better be of the highest quality because it has aged pretty damn badly from what I remember of Episode 1. The last battle looks extremely fake and totally computer generated.

Anakin looks pretty wicked in these shots though. Maybe Hayden has learned how to act for this movie?...

Hayden knows how to act; it's his director that doesn't know how to direct. I see working on the PT films like that one episode of friends, where Joey's in a play and the director comes up to him and goes, "okay, now listen up my talking props!"

In fact, say what you will but Hayden did show some emotion in EP:II. Granted, it was almost entirely, "I'm a whiny-ass crybaby that just wants to screw Matilda and kill things" but it was there, which is more than can be said for Portman's performance.

I have a cautious hope for this one. It would seem that most of the actors know what's going down plotwise, so there's less question about motivations and emotion. Hopefully, this one will work well.

Alucard said:
The CG better be of the highest quality because it has aged pretty damn badly from what I remember of Episode 1. The last battle looks extremely fake and totally computer generated.

Anakin looks pretty wicked in these shots though. Maybe Hayden has learned how to act for this movie?...

maybe its lucas's master plan? refurb the cg every 20 years now :(

evil ways

The problem was not really Hayden's acting, but more like the dialogue. He's not a great actor, but in some scenes you could tell he was pretty good.

Alucard

Banned
I liked him in Life As A House.

Star Wars was never really known for its acting anyways. Hayden did bother me a bit in Episode 2 though. The kissing scene seemed so forced.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Alucard said:

There were no actors in clonetrooper armor in AOTC. None. At all. In any scene. Every time you see a clonetrooper -- every single time, even when other actors were nearby -- it was CGI.

Flynn

SteveMeister said:
There were no actors in clonetrooper armor in AOTC. None. At all. In any scene. Every time you see a clonetrooper -- every single time, even when other actors were nearby -- it was CGI.

Which is retarded.

There's an army of nerds who would build their armor and show up for free.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There's a pic of Anakin in a hallway of a Star Destroyer or whatever, you know the interior with the white walls. It looked totally retro and awesome

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wario64 said:
There's a pic of Anakin in a hallway of a Star Destroyer or whatever, you know the interior with the white walls. It looked totally retro and awesome
Actually, that was Tantive IV... so it better look retro, it was first filmed in the 70s.

Man I just keep hearing "Blue screen sucks blah blah blah" Do you know how much blue screen the original Trilogy used? LOTS! And in places you wouldn't believe either. They didn't budget for an entire Star Destroyer bridge so the majority is a matte painting in the wide shots. Same with the Death Star corridors. Many of the Ewok Villiage scenes. The entire sequence with Darth and Luke battling over the pit in Bespin was Blue Screen which is probably the most well remembered sequence of the enitre original trilogy.

People are acting like they used to build the entire Death Star to film the movies in!

And Hayden can act. His dialouge about slaughtering the Sand People still sends chills up my spine. That was both good writing and great delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom