• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Harvard Poll says 57% of Americans view Black Lives Matter negatively

Slayven

More disingenuous noise.

Black people shouldn't be shot in the street and they should be treated fairly, but we all know how African Americans tend to treat each other.

That is the issue which is far bigger than anything related to police.

An example, Last weekend in Baltimore was dubbed 'Nobody kill anybody', and it didn't work. Strange there wasn't a topic here on it.

Glad to see you showing your true colors.

"I believe the black on black crime myth, so until blacks pull up their pants they will get treated like feral dogs"

now we can debate from a place of honesty

LionPride

Banned
More disingenuous noise.

Black people shouldn't be shot in the street and they should be treated fairly, but we all know how African Americans tend to treat each other.

An example, Last weekend in Baltimore was dubbed 'Nobody kill anybody', and it didn't work. Strange there wasn't a topic here on it.

So even though most people who talk about BLM are also the same people in their streets in their cities trying to alleviate the issue of black on black violence, which funny enough is never covered in the media or anywhere, people still think this

Barzul

More disingenuous noise.

You see the difference is that whoever shot that man will get indicted, tried and convicted when found. An officer would get suspended with pay and then return back to the force and at worst fired, even in the most egregious cases.

And pray tell me how African Americans tend to treat other? You've basically devolved 13% of the population to just their skin color and made them into a monolith with no diversity of thought because clearly they all treat each other the same. And the sad thing is way too many people think exactly like you do.

krazen

More disingenuous noise.

You mean a marginalized group in a corrupt city with massive unemployment, underfunded resources, education, crime, dealing with by and large governmental neglect plus add illegal gun problems....you're telling me these guys fight and sometimes kill each other? Insane how that happens.

L Thammy

More disingenuous noise.

Did they have Zelda in the 1800s?

Caelus

More disingenuous noise.

I'm also tired of having to explain things to disingenuous people.

This is how it'll go, isn't it? Someone will post something real shitty, trollish, and disingenuous and bail, or return and claim victimhood due to a liberal dogpile or both sides or whatever nonsense. Stuff that's easily refuted or explained with a shred of good analysis.

I wish I had the energy to post about how black communities and organizations are the biggest proponents of good law enforcement, neighborhood watches, communal engagement, etc. I'm reminded of that Huey P. Newton interview right now.

Azzanadra

People just hate it when the oppressed start having a voice, especially if that voice is an angry one. Just look how they did Malcolm X dirty in the sixties, they can't handle that maybe, just maybe everything isn't so perfect and that sometimes minorities aren't going to be so polite about everything, like we've been cast as as always being nice and sanitized in roles that demand we fit the narratives of others- fuck that noise, the truth is we've been denied the right to be angry.

It's a bit infuriating seeing Black people pull the "what about Black on Black crime!?" card when discussing BLM. I've had two family friends my age pull that shit and I just look at those brothers differently.

LionPride

Banned
It's a bit infuriating seeing Black people pull the "what about Black on Black crime!?" card when discussing BLM. I've had two family friends my age pull that shit and I just look at those brothers differently.
My mom used to do that

Then I kept showing her people in what are usually crime ridden areas, such as Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis, Baltimore, etc. and we'd talk about the common factors these cities share that harm the minority population in these cities that are poor

SRG01

I wish I had the energy to post about how black communities and organizations are the biggest proponents of good law enforcement, neighborhood watches, communal engagement, etc. I'm reminded of that Huey P. Newton interview right now.

Black people want to live in safe communities. I don't see how it's hard for other people to understand :(

Is there even evidence that skin color, all else equal, leads to a higher chance of being killed by police? I have not done much research, but it seems all the research I've seen only looks at skin color, and not the nature of the crime being commited or the interaction (whether there was resistance in the arrest or not).

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is there even evidence that skin color, all else equal, leads to a higher chance of being killed by police? I have not done much research, but it seems all the research I've seen only looks at skin color, and not the nature of the crime being commited or the interaction (whether there was resistance in the arrest or not).

If you follow the news, you already know the answer to that.

The Kree

Banned

Sounds like you wanna do some research if you have questions that would be answered by research.

R0ckman

More disingenuous noise.

How long was this guy in the thread? Tried to follow the posts but it doesn't seem like it took him too long to snap and reveal his true form.

Top Bottom