• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (9 Feb)

Elder Legend Elder Legend right now:

Let Me Explain GIF by The Woody Show

Neogaf:
Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin

VN1X

Banned
Man all those directs where u get hype

but they're like...We're gonna port a 5 year old 8/10 game to wiiU so you're like thx nintendo

but fucking 49 mario kart trax? Chrono cross comeback? muthafuckin' Mario Strikers?

And Xenoblade 3 this year with right proper english accents innit guvna?

Wintendo

no wait, Nin¥endo

I legit thought it would be musou brothers and some nindies lol

FingerBang

Meh, that was okay. Like, there's a lot of games coming out this year and that's a great thing, but there was nothing that made me really happy.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Let's ignore my dislike for this direct. If this is how Chronicles 3 can look on switch. What's GameFreaks excuse for Arceus looking like PS2 again?

They're not Monolith Soft. Very few developers can pull off the kind of technical wizardry that Monolith Soft can.

XBC on the Wii was a ridiculous feat. XBCX is still stunning and an incredible technical feat.

In terms of working the hardware and pulling off this kind of thing they're nearly unmatched. That's why N drafted their A team for BOTW.

Dr Bass

By the way, ban Elder Legend Elder Legend :lollipop_grinning_eyes:

Yeah there is no way MK9 is being announced in the next two years, but no biggie, I'll take all that additional content in MK8. 48 remastered tracks is fantastic.

iHaunter

They're not Monolith Soft. Very few developers can pull off the kind of technical wizardry that Monolith Soft can.

XBC on the Wii was a ridiculous feat. XBCX is still stunning and an incredible technical feat.

In terms of working the hardware and pulling off this kind of thing they're nearly unmatched. That's why N drafted their A team for BOTW.
To be honest the only games that will make me pick-up a Switch again is BOTW2 or Chronicles X-2.

DryvBy

I'm glad I'll be able to play some remakes and games that came out 10+ years ago on the Switch. I don't know how but I'm containing my jumping after hearing Portal is coming to Switch.

Chastten

Banned
Pretty sure this was my favorite Direct since 2017 or something, despite the lack of Bayo and Zelda.

Besides the stuff we already knew there are like 6-7 Day 1 announcements for me. Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Strikers, Chrono Cross, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Klonoa, Mario Kart DLC, pretty sure I missed some stuff here.

I'm especially happy with Mario Kart, 8 Deluxe is already a perfect game, no need to reinvent the wheel. Adding 48 tracks to the game, essentially adding the entire MK history in one game, will make for a game that'll last another 8 years.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
this was honest to God a pretty good direct. They killed it. I believe none of my predictions came true (except that they showed Triangle Strategy, which looks pretty nice), but it ended up being all for the better because this far exceeded my expectations.

Switch Sports and the new Mario Football game are my highlights. I actually yelled out of joy when they showed both of these. I have to mention that at my place its late at night, so sorry to my neighbors, lol. The Mario Kart DLC looks great. 48 new tracks is a ton.. how many are there now? Like a hundred? And there was other stuff I'm interested in as well, like the Klonoa collection for example. Kirby always looked great and this further proved it. Advance Wars has online and an editor, so I'm definitely in. Never played Front Mission. Looks like Advance Wars with mechs. Is it good?

anyway... absolutely happy with this. I can already hear the haters and pessimists, that will never be satisfied unless Nintendo shows 20 BOTW type of games in a direct, typing furiously in their keyboards, but fuck it. This was good. Period.

By the way, ban Elder Legend Elder Legend :lollipop_grinning_eyes:

There has been a misunderstanding on my part with the sources. One of them turned out to be incorrect. However, the other may still hold true. The R&D Nintendo guy never confirmed or denied a Nintendo Direct for February. He simply stated that Mario Kart 9 is tied to the Switch 2.

This was a mistake on my part and I take responbility for it I thought he also confirmed the Nintendo Direct for the 16th with Mario Kart 9 which he did not. Although, there is still plenty of time for this too be all bullshit as well. So who knows? :/

As for the other source who said February 16th is Nintendo Direct was obviously incorrect and will not be used again.

Oh well, moving ok. Either way a fun Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

Markio128

I love seeing gamers excited about games, so fair play, but my hype level never rose above a 2/10 during that presentation. Wii Sports is the only game I’d pick up to play with the daughter - and maybe the MK8 tracks.

Robb

Gold Member
Pretty good presentation, quite a lot of surprises! Mario Strikers, Splatoon 3 and Kirby all look fantastic.

Switch Sport seems cool, although the character designs look pretty lame. But that game will definitely be a big seller.

Also, I guess we can forget about Switch ever getting its own Mario Kart game by now.

Ending on Xenoblade 3 was neat I guess, I’m just not much of an Xenoblade fan so it did nothing for me. Not single mention of BotW2 makes me think it’s probably not coming this year sadly.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Yeah there is no way MK9 is being announced in the next two years, but no biggie, I'll take all that additional content in MK8. 48 remastered tracks is fantastic.

Agreed! I believe more than ever that the next MK will have many Nintendo series represented, such as Metroid.

Let's ignore my dislike for this direct. If this is how Chronicles 3 can look on switch. What's GameFreaks excuse for Arceus looking like PS2 again?
They're gamefreak

Monoliftsoft is monoliftsoft

I know pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world but gamefreak just aren't on that level with tech graphics

arceus (great game btw) wants to be breath of the wild but the aliasing near water looks like puke of the child

engstra

That was actually pretty good! New Mario Strikers I'm very keen on trying as I've heard a lot of good things about the Wii game. Kirby game looks like so much fun, that's a day 1 for me. Klonoa 1+2 is super fun, played the hell out of the demo of the second game as a kid and have always wanted to try them. The Mario Kart booster pack kind of makes the expansion pak a tempting offer and also confirms there won't be a new Mario Kart anytime soon.

Top Bottom