• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (9 Feb)

CamHostage

Front Mission 1 and more than that 2 are big news, dunno why it seems there's no hype. Everyone was introduced to the series with 3 in the West on PS and 2 is the precusor to that, perhaps a bit more primitive or messy visually but according to many even better as a game (sans design issues the remake can fix like the slow loading of the extra long attack sequences showing mechs dodging etc.). There are fan translations but not complete. I'm glad it's not HD-2D. The gameplay shown is fitting for a remake of 1 but I do hope 2 will look more realistic and cinematic as it was going for.

Well, partly, the hype is on low because this remake is not by Square, it's by Forever Entertainment.

Forever did the Panzer Dragoon remake and are doing House of the Dead remake. There's less to go wrong in Front Mission if they just maintain the math of the strategy play, and IMO the artwork looks nicely translated (personally I thought the Panzer remake was good work in many ways but I know others would vehemently disagree,) but it's not getting the full Square in-house treatment. Then again, Mana got the Square treatment and that had its detractors too.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Right, yeah, they definitely shouldn't mess with the combat underlying mechanics, that'd suck. But so far it looks great as any remake could hope to be (at least if it wasn't going for a full AAA production that would seek to make the terrain not look blocky to match the grid etc.).

Were you actually able to aim specific parts in the original game? I've only played 3 and I don't think you could aim, that part was random outside certain skills. If the first game was like that also maybe that's a pretty big & possibly bad (but also possibly optional?) change here.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Sooooo...recently purchased switch here. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 looked pretty cool. Should I play the previous versions before this one comes out, or are they not related?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sooooo...recently purchased switch here. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 looked pretty cool. Should I play the previous versions before this one comes out, or are they not related?
Based on the trailer absolutely, it seems they are combining the world from XC1&2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom