• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

RiggyRob

Just watched this. Charmful direct. Liked how Reggie kept hitting at2017. And I caught his he said the original Skyward Sword... Might be nothing but could mean a remake. WW, MM, TP, so SS only seems reasonable.

It means the Wii release being put on the Wii U eShop like Xenoblade Chronicles, nothing more.

To me, this Direct meant that Nintendo had officially entered 'give up' mode regarding the 3DS - just port some Wii U games and PS2 remakes, focus on the small investments of Streetpass games, and add a side-scroller abomination of an existing IP to make it seem like there's actual effort being put in.

Some ports or not, they're announcing new first party games on the eve of announcing their successor platform, that's a good sign.

If Pikmin 3DS can maintain the same quality and charm that Zip Lash did, the end product will be great. Calling it, "by the numbers" or "uninspired" is pretty short sighted, considering we got roughly 20 seconds of footage.

Pretty great send off for the console. What look to be a couple quality ports, an interesting spin off, a new IP, tons of indie games and some late localizations is more than I ever thought we would get.

Zubz

Banned
Which free minigame is better? Racing or stock trader?

As, like, the one American (Or probably person) that still cares about, I actually haven't even bothered to buy these yet. And I Day 1'd the last 2 batches. That said, the Racing looked more fun. I could be wrong, though.

Stage On

Apparently the Art and Artifacts book is actually the first in a trilogy. Japan is getting three books in total, so I'm guessing Dark Horse is actually going to bring over all three. From the Japanese book:

I don't read Japanese, but I've heard this translates to another book releasing in Japan in Winter 2016 and the final book releasing in 2017. [source]

Wow thanks for the info!

I wonder what the other two books will even be about. Considering how comprehensive Hyrule Histore already is and that Art and Artifacts is already covering Breath of the wild I'm not sure what ground the other two books in this trilogy are going to have left to cover.

Top Bottom