• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OLED Owner (Sony Bravia A80K): Lend me a hand please.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Like the title says, got a new TV today and I'm clueless about adjusting video settings for peak picture (luminosity???? :messenger_grinning_sweat:). Outside of watching YouTube videos, can anyone lend a hand with random bits of advice or quality YouTubers to get advice from? Sorry, I'm really not that old and out of touch but TV tech passed me by years ago.

First impression so far is that my 12 year old Panasonic Plasma looks better in the color department.

I was able to turn off the true motion type stuff (thank God) and I found the VRR setting for HDMI 2.1 so that's all good to go with the PS5.

For picture calibration though, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Footage of me looking through the options.
What Omg GIF

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Go to AVS Forums. This TV has a thread where a pro Calibrator posts his settings. D-Nice is his name. Do what he says you do step by step.

Worked really well for my A90J.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
My main advice would be to not worry too much about getting the perfect technical picture. And if you don't like the 'correct' picture, don't be afraid to change it to what you like.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Call over a friend who understands TV's, its way easier to explain these settings in person and do A/B compares to help your mind see whats different and why certain things are destructive to an image. If you can't do that, then watch this:

Most of the settings are the same and will give you a basic understanding of what things do, that you can then go off and play around with.

Last edited:

nocsi

As an A90k owner. You don’t have to worry about settings between the tv and the ps5. They communicate with eachother and will set the optimal configuration

Soltype

Call over a friend who understands TV's, its way easier to explain these settings in person and do A/B compares to help your mind see whats different and why certain things are destructive to an image. If you can't do that, then watch this:

Most of the settings are the same and will give you a basic understanding of what things do, that you can then go off and play around with.

I followed this guide for my A95K and it turned out pretty well.Sony TVs are apparently a little weird with how it handles some things though.

Salz01

You’re gonna drive yourself nuts when it autodims because a logo or menu is persistent for a while.

Top Bottom