• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PGR3 Interview

hadareud

The Translator
full interview at: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...computerandvideogames.com/news/news_index.php

What are the main differences - advantages and disadvantages - of developing for 360 rather than Xbox One? Have the new beta kits speeded things up significantly?

Bizarre:: Some of them are obvious, we've got loads more memory, much more raw processing power, and the fastest GPU money can buy if you're making a console right now. Add to that the console is designed to be even more flexible than their first, to allow you to do what you want and it's a pretty damn smart piece of kit. If that wasn't enough, add to that the expertise MS has got in tools and support and the package is second to none. The experts in Redmond we speak to on a daily basis are truly leaders in their field plus they have the passion to back it up.
This much grunt comes at a price though, there's some new rules to making this baby sing and learning them isn't for the faint hearted, but that's half the reason most of us became game programmers anyway. It's a trade most people will be willing to make to really unlock the true potential.

The new Beta kits are what we've really been waiting for. The Alpha kits were a pale comparison next to the power of these and it's been really hard trying to judge our target level for the final game. We finally get access to all those graphical features that will really make next gen games possible, eg. Shader 3 hardware, dedicated memory for rendering, the fastest GPU in town. The only problem is, in speeding up development it means we're just trying to cram more in.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Prine said:
Thats good to hear. Rare have some awesome programmers, heres hoping for PDZ

iwantbelievepdz4xd.gif

dorio

Banned
What these guys pull off with the hardware will determine if I get the system or not. If they can get it running at 60 fps with high poly cars, high res textures and high poly cities then I'll bite the bullet.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
dorio said:
What these guys pull off with the hardware will determine if I get the system or not. If they can get it running at 60 fps with high poly cars, high res textures and high poly cities then I'll bite the bullet.

Me too I think.

Top Bottom