• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Returnal gameplay and details - HouseCast Ep.2 Origins

Mikey Jr.

Looks good.
Glad thry are going a little higher budget this time.

I wasn't a big fan of the last game personally. Nex machina I think it was called?

bender

What time is it?
Housemarque games have never clicked with me and I'm not sure why. they are always drop dead gorgeous and I'm a fan of arcade style games. I'm a little hesitant with Returnal due to the price but it sure is jaw dropping.

cormack12

Gold Member
tenor.gif

Bryank75

Banned
I recently played the remaster of Vanquish and enjoyed it very much... this seems like Vanquish but brought to another level, with even more mobility and focus on skill and use of the 3D space.

I hope it all comes together.

The one thing that concerns me is that it's not getting much publicity or attention, it needs a big marketing push to really take off as a new IP.

Also I thought the main character in Vanquish was quite forgettable and even though this character in Returnal kinda reminds me of Ripley from Alien, she still doesn't stand out in the videogame landscape.... she is competing with 2B and Cereza etc.

Moogle11

Banned
I'm really tired of roguelikes so probably a pass for me. Not a knock on it, I've just had my fill of the genre and it was never really my cup of tea as someone that doesn't like replaying parts of games. I have fun a while, but struggle to finish as I get so tired of replaying the early parts to get to the later parts where I'm still dying.

Fredrik

Visual overload! Maybe too fast for this perspective? Seems hard to see what’s going on here atleast based on this video. But these guys knows how to do action so I trust they’ll make it work. I still want more of their awesome twinstick shmups though!

Great developer making a new game on great hardware = fuck yes.

Looks really good. Maintain 60 fps and I will be in heaven. Definitely my style of game.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Looking real nice but I still think Sony are crazy asking for $70. I also hope they're not focusing too much on gameplay and allow it to be a balanced cinematic experience.

Doesn't it have co-op? Could've sworn it does. Anyways I'm looking forward to a state of play dedicated to this in the future prior to launch.

I didn’t know that this is pretty much similar to Risk of Rain 2. Digging it, I wish they would show more uninterrupted gameplay.

Papacheeks

Banned
Looking real nice but I still think Sony are crazy asking for $70. I also hope they're not focusing too much on gameplay and allow it to be a balanced cinematic experience.

Doesn't it have co-op? Could've sworn it does. Anyways I'm looking forward to a state of play dedicated to this in the future prior to launch.

If you follow Horsemarque you would know they are all about gameplay. And this looks like they are trying to combine the 2 elements that you like, but focus more on the gameplay. Looks stunning.

THEAP99

Banned
If you follow Horsemarque you would know they are all about gameplay. And this looks like they are trying to combine the 2 elements that you like, but focus more on the gameplay. Looks stunning.
Is this their first like "real game" that isn't arcade-like? I'm surprised there's not more noise around this project yet since they're doing something totally new for them

Topfuel

Nice, hopefully we get more of these smaller budget AA?, but still quality games. Like Japanese developers did back in the day like Capcom with PN03 as an example.

Papacheeks

Banned
Is this their first like "real game" that isn't arcade-like? I'm surprised there's not more noise around this project yet since they're doing something totally new for them

Well why do you think Sony has been promoting it since June? This is their first big AA-AAA game they have made that has cutscenes and a actual story.

THEAP99

Banned
Well why do you think Sony has been promoting it since June? This is their first big AA-AAA game they have made that has cutscenes and a actual story.
Well I see people complaining more about the price than talking about the game itself. Hopefully Sony re-evaluates the situation

Papacheeks

Banned
Well I see people complaining more about the price than talking about the game itself. Hopefully Sony re-evaluates the situation

I mean if the game reviews well and has a high user review and isn't selling at 69.99 I think sony will get the hint. There are already games going on sale that were exclusive to PS5 like godfall. Miles Morales isn't selling as well, and part of that I think is price, and also the way it was marketed as being PS5 title more than a PS4 title.

So you will see more sales I think for PS5 version than PS4 and right now no one can get a PS5.

drotahorror

Looks gorgeous and fun. Love Housemarque. Not sure how I feel about a full priced rogue-like though. The name as well...

I wish they'd put out a 4k/60 Alienation PS5 patch.

Ogbert

Looks like Risk of Rain 2 with much better graphics.

Absolutely love Housemarque. Awfully expensive though.

G-Bus

Banned
Almost looks a little too busy with all the particle effects. Still excited for this. Love me some rogue like

Looks really cool. But I hope they have gyro aiming if they want it to play that fast. At least as an option.

Also, not at all sold on this being a $70 roguelike yet.

Top Bottom