• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Silent Hill Protagonist image leaked

Lognor

Banned
Sony probably money hatted the fuck out of this, maybe even paid Konami to bring Silent Hill back.
Probably? Based on what?

The latest rumor I saw was that Sony was somehow involved in a SH2 remake and that it would be a TIMED exclusive for Playstation, but the new SH game should be multi platform.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The part that sucks is that a show can have all white people in it and doesn't have to be done the "right" way
Oh it does, because then it's just shit and gets cancelled quick.
When I was younger I didn't question, Saved by the Bell, Fresh Prince, Kenan and Kel, My Wife & Kids, Sister, Sister just because it had PoC in it.
I wasn't questioning Bad Boys, Friday, Def Jams: How to be a Player, Class Act, House Party, Boomerang, Mo'Money, etc
No because some of those are my favourite films & TV shows.
But there is no default all white.
People assume that because there is more TV shows & films which have a mostly white cast
But you're talking about Western/European content and believe it or not that's mostly where white people live so it would be bizarre for it not to be, after all not gonna find them anywhere else!
Nobody should be surprised to see white, black or Latinos in western content.
But you shouldn't be shocked to see mostly white people in Hollywood either just like you wouldn't be shocked to see Indians in Bollywood, obviously Hollywood is a little more diverse 😂
Anyway we're going off topic.
Still want Jessica Alba as the main character.
Bet if Kojima was making it we would get her in the game 👍

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
paKKD.gif

SH3 is a triumph graphically. Aside from the amazing character models, the game's art is just beautiful and holds up incredibly well.

hJaSD.jpg
ion7uuo4vub81.png
p6Aeh.jpg
17132_full.jpg
DnahZwGzeA3CCcNbTl6QrcXJX-Wkj2UfzD2s52gp7L4.jpg

the cinematography was also way ahead of its time.

f35f1ba01e6fc7b4fe246504358bd8922967bbc3_hq.gif
d1dad8a5c3b2d016b24f1299818860e4f3a35876.gifv
Ma1Kb8s.gif

how can a game from 2003 look this good?
It's just crazy that this was done on the PS2.

This could pass for a PS3 game, easily.

kiphalfton

I really don't want Bloober on this

Considering how awful The Blair Witch Project ran on X1X when it came out, yeah I would agree. Also AFAIK they haven't even worked on a game that has gameplay. There are so many other better developers for a remake, it would be sad if they do get it. But as is the case with Brie Larson being the only vocal person wanting to be Samus (if a Metroid game gets made), no better champions have stepped up to accept the challenge. So we may get stuck with pretenders.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

Considering how awful The Blair Witch Project ran on X1X when it came out, yeah I would agree. Also AFAIK they haven't even worked on a game that has gameplay. There are so many other better developers for a remake, it would be sad if they do get it. But as is the case with Brie Larson being the only vocal person wanting to be Samus (if a Metroid game gets made), no better champions have stepped up to accept the challenge. So we may get stuck with pretenders.

april6e

I know its too much to expect but I wish they were remaking both SH1 and 2 instead of doing just 2 and a new game. As someone who never played any of the games, it would be nice to not just be thrust into the 2nd game with no plot knowledge of what happened in the first game.

Last edited:
I know its too much to expect but I wish they were remaking both SH1 and 2 instead of doing just 2 and a new game. As someone who never played any of the games, it would be nice to not just be thrust into the 2nd game with no plot knowledge of what happened in the first game.
Silent Hill 2 has no connection with the plot from Silent Hill 1.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I second this.
I finished Layers of Fear.

I'm still searching the fear.
Looking Where Are You GIF

They should play RE7 in VR to get the true meaning of "fear". Even Outlast.
I'm easily scared and LAF is just so bad on this matter, it's Layers of Madness, not Fear.
I really hope they are not in charge of any SH projects.
re7 is not scary after 2-3 hours.
Soma/panumbra is pretty scary.
Silent hill is scary
Pt is scary.
It is really difficult to make a scary game

Hugare

Silent hill is scary
Pt is scary.
Outlast is really scary

The sequel even more than the first game

They rely on jump scares most of the time, but the chases, and the atmosphere is oppressive af

The mines in Outlast 2? Oof

No other game has drained me as much while playing as the Outlast series

Last edited:
They should add a spooky ghost train that emerges out of the fog that you have to board to get to another section of Silent Hill.

ZoukGalaxy

Silent hill is scary
Pt is scary.
Nope.

I disagree. RE7 is the scariest game ever (in VR), even the free PSVR intro was absolutely terrifying.
Can't tell for the pancake version.

SOMA, Amnesia and PT are indeed scary games.
Dead Space 1 is a extremely scary game.

Silent Hill was always much more an atmospheric game where you feel very inconfortable/disgusted with what's happening, it was never so much a scary game (only some part).

Make a scary game for everyone is clearly not an easy task.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Nope.

I disagree. RE7 is the scariest game ever (in VR), even the free PSVR intro was absolutely terrifying.
Can't tell for the pancake version.
Nah not even the slightest.
I actually laughed at most of the jump scares because they was so "really?, WTF was that lmfao"
Game is definitely better in VR, but it's not scary at all.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’m not anti silent hill but it’s seems like a ghost of a game that’s only acknowledged on Internet forums it’s resume in the last 10 years is next to nothing

Top Bottom