• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New to using Realtek audio. I am coming from a sound blaster Zx (which is now dead). Need help!

Yes, I have been using a Sound blaster ZX in my PC since 2012! My sound card died and I now switched to using onboard realtek audio.

For reference my MB is the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro

My questions:

1. I am used to having a nice sound blaster interface for changing audio settings. I don't see any such software for realtek. Windows just installed the driver and that's it. Is there software somewhere?
2. I used to have music playing through Spotify on all 5.1 speakers. Since switching to realtek music from Spotify is only playing through the front left and right speakers. How do I fix it to play through all speakers like it did with my sound blaster?

Thank you!

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
I used that Motherboard and you'll need to install the Gigabyte software to get access to similar features as your Creative front end.

Just go to their Motherboard support page and then the latest Realtek Drivers..

Link

Using that will also fix your 5.1 issues, via manual configuration, which I suspect are being overwritten by Windows running in its default Stereo speaker mode. Check in the Windows Sound Control panel.

i had a Soundblaster card in my PC but got rid of it when I upgraded to a gigabyte Z390 board in 2019. i thought the onboard audio was better than the dedicated sound card.

go to the page for your motherboard and download the audio driver. it's named something like "Realtek HD Audio Driver for DCH". there are multiple audio drivers but the DCH one is the one you want.

this one i think

it SHOULD install the MS Store app for Realtek but in my experience it wasn't reliable. I mean it wouldn't appear as installed straightaway sometimes but after a while it would eventually appear. I even tried searching online for a direct link but it wouldn't work so I just had to wait until Windows figured it out.

the app should look something like this

iu

Last edited:
Top Bottom