• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trailer for Final Fantasy XVI released (Ascension)

Lokaum D+

Cant wait to try the demo, having more than 2k hours of FF14 i have 100% certain that this game ll be amazing

Sacred

The 18 minute gameplay demo IGN did, completely deflated any hype I had for this game. I really wasn't feeling it and didn't feel like FF in the slightest. I really liked the Eidon fighting and some of the set pieces, but seeing it action just not interested if that is how the gameplay flows.

HisExcellency

Neo Member
The 18 minute gameplay demo IGN did, completely deflated any hype I had for this game. I really wasn't feeling it and didn't feel like FF in the slightest. I really liked the Eidon fighting and some of the set pieces, but seeing it action just not interested if that is how the gameplay flows.
Well there's a demo dropping tomorrow so you can try it out for yourself. I love what I'm seeing from the combat but I'm glad there's an option for those that aren't sold.

K' Dash

Your post? Yeah, it smells like fanboy's desperation

fanboy of what? I have a PS5, maybe stop gargling on Jimbo's balls for a bit?

I have never seen any publisher/dev show so much of their game before launch, also, I'm not the only one noticing.

Though I have to admit that I fucking hate SE with passion for ruining FF, not talking about XVI specifically, but everything since 2001.

supernova8

Banned
Square Enix employee A: Shit the pre-orders are not going to plan what do we do??
Square Enix employee B: Release mwoar trailers with mwoar particle effects!!!!!!!!!!!!
Square Enix employee A: Mwoaaaaaaaaaaar???!?!?!??!
Square Enix employee B: MWWWOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR PARTICLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTICLES LIKE IT'S 1999!!!

Not for me either way, but I can kinda see why pre-orders are not as good, maybe people thought they wanted a fantasy/medieval type Final Fantasy but aaaactually don't after seeing what they get

Last edited:
Exactly, so unlike FFXV, Yoshi-P likes to show off the game because it’s not in development hell.
I feel like the money to make these trailers should instead be added to funds for billboards, bus stops, restaurant deals, and other ground level advertisements.

w954hbmaj63b1.jpg

xcs9nionuc2b1.jpg

FxtenTeXsAAdg4C

ryjnbrlmvq3b1.jpg

I just see all Lilith and no Clive.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I feel like the money to make these trailers should instead be added to funds for billboards, bus stops, restaurant deals, and other ground level advertisements.

w954hbmaj63b1.jpg

xcs9nionuc2b1.jpg

FxtenTeXsAAdg4C

ryjnbrlmvq3b1.jpg

I just see all Lilith and no Clive.

To be fair, Square probably doesn't have the kind of money Activision does.

Nor will FF16 sell anywhere close to the amount Diablo IV will.

Madflavor

Square Enix employee A: Shit the pre-orders are not going to plan what do we do??
Square Enix employee B: Release mwoar trailers with mwoar particle effects!!!!!!!!!!!!
Square Enix employee A: Mwoaaaaaaaaaaar???!?!?!??!
Square Enix employee B: MWWWOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR PARTICLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTICLES LIKE IT'S 1999!!!

Not for me either way, but I can kinda see why pre-orders are not as good, maybe people thought they wanted a fantasy/medieval type Final Fantasy but aaaactually don't after seeing what they get
fanboy of what? I have a PS5, maybe stop gargling on Jimbo's balls for a bit?

I have never seen any publisher/dev show so much of their game before launch, also, I'm not the only one noticing.

Though I have to admit that I fucking hate SE with passion for ruining FF, not talking about XVI specifically, but everything since 2001.

Trailers and marketing are planned months and months in advance. They need to take shots, dialogue, gameplay, and cutscenes from the game, edited it all together, receive approval for it, etc etc. It's a whole process. And all of it is mapped out well head of time for their marketing campaign. None of this is the result of panicking. Are SE "slightly panicking" from preorders? Maybe, who knows. But these trailers aren't reactionary.

Top Bottom