• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barakov

Gold Member
As of now it's worth a buttplug.
Oh My God Reaction GIF

jufonuk

not tag worthy
how Many MOBA could a MOBA MOBA if Moby owned Moba?

Make It So Star Trek GIF

why hasn't he created a mobile network called Mobi?
spank season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

has there been any updates over on REEE? or they trying to bury the news still?

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This thread has gone on for 140+ pages and I have no clue if RE being purchased is supposed good, bad, sad, funny, etc. I know that RE is basically run by left wing lunatics that are more interested in virtue signaling than games. How do they feel about acquired? Anyone want to give me a summary since I’m too lazy to go through all these pages.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
This thread has gone on for 140+ pages and I have no clue if RE being purchased is supposed good, bad, sad, funny, etc. I know that RE is basically run by left wing lunatics that are more interested in virtue signaling than games. How do they feel about acquired? Anyone want to give me a summary since I’m too lazy to go through all these pages.
Basically, this:
Steve Martin Clasico GIF by Filmin

SkylineRKR

To chime in on the Dave Chapelle thing, its those loonies again pulling shit out of context for own benefits. The joke was decent, had it been made in the 90's no one would give a shit. I believe that trans was one of his friends also. There is some context to it if they had watched his show.

I like how he doesn't bend though, he says he loves being canceled, doesn't give a shit and says he joined team TERF.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
GAF/NET
Jim Carrey Lol GIF

Reee members and mods
This Is Fine GIF

Reee Mods

Naked Gun Panic GIF

hold out for Money

Hungry Food GIF

Site owner

Breaking Bad Money GIF

Ree Mods and Ree users

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

GAF/INTERNET

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

Last edited:

belmarduk

To chime in on the Dave Chapelle thing, its those loonies again pulling shit out of context for own benefits. The joke was decent, had it been made in the 90's no one would give a shit. I believe that trans was one of his friends also. There is some context to it if they had watched his show.

I like how he doesn't bend though, he says he loves being canceled, doesn't give a shit and says he joined team TERF.

Chappelle's special was brilliant, as is most of his work. The protest really backfired. "He's Got A Weapon" is the most Karen bullshit I've ever heard.

Haha, yeah, I think I left more likes in this thread alone than all of my likes combined in the previous... two years, I think?

You guys have notifications active for when someone likes your posts? I just get them when somebody quotes me directly, I couldn’t stand that much dopamine every day, lol.
I'm dead inside. So all those little dopamine hits you've been giving me have bought me back to life.

Star-Lord

It’s the best thing that could’ve happened to the loveliest people I know. Honestly, Cerium poured his heart and soul into ResetEra, and all that work finally paid off, to the sweet-sounding sum of a cool $4.5M. Now he can kick back and relax, knowing his baby is in good hands. As for the staff, well, they can’t wait to get working under new management. It’s a win-win-win.

Also, I own ResetError. So there’s that.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
It’s the best thing that could’ve happened to the loveliest people I know. Honestly, Cerium poured his heart and soul into ResetEra, and all that work finally paid off, to the sweet-sounding sum of a cool $4.5M. Now he can kick back and relax, knowing his baby is in good hands. As for the staff, well, they can’t wait to get working under new management. It’s a win-win-win.

Also, I own ResetError. So there’s that.
own????

in the official welcome to Reseterror email i got it said and a I quote "this site has no owner, it is an idea, you cannot own an idea, its like land you can own land it;s for everyone like a golf course . for only 14.99 each month maybe week, you to can enjoy this site, act now for guaranteed entry onto the site....tell your friends get them to join and you too can receive dinner with me.*...."

*Dinner with supreme leader includes microwave meal of his choice, that you pay for and a zoom call lasting no longer then 2 minutes.... do not make eyecontact or mention payment

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
They are in the denial phase amd moba is in the “ we own you, but nothing will change in the foreseeable future” phase. In a year things will be different.

Star-Lord

own????

in the official welcome to Reseterror email i got it said and a I quote "this site has no owner, it is an idea, you cannot own an idea, its like land you can own land it;s for everyone like a golf course . for only 14.99 each month maybe week, you to can enjoy this site, act now for guaranteed entry onto the site....tell your friends get them to join and you too can receive dinner with me.*...."

*Dinner with supreme leader includes microwave meal of his choice, that you pay for and a zoom call lasting no longer then 2 minutes.... do not make eyecontact or mention payment
Sorry, did I say own? I meant…erm, well, I don’t know what I meant. But I technically do own the domain. After all, we need a domain (land) for everyone to enjoy the site (golf course) - amiryte?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Sorry, did I say own? I meant…erm, well, I don’t know what I meant. But I technically do own the domain. After all, we need a domain (land) for everyone to enjoy the site (golf course) - amiryte?

I've seen the golf course with my own two eyes, it's incredible, out of this world. The Land is yuge and it's gonna have the best matches of all time. Literally all time. I've had several experts, hard working Americans tell me this place is the best.

Donald Trump GIF

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Shit's funny. Mostly I just enjoy drama. There are many exiting dramatic possibilities:
Current mods are replaced by MOBA-approved mods
Full page Harry Potter game, Blizzard and Netflix ads
Mods are told to stop banning so many people
Mods are told to allow discussion of the new Harry Potter game

BigEmil

Shit's funny. Mostly I just enjoy drama. There are many exiting dramatic possibilities:
- Allows CD Projekt Red posts again
Lol

Last edited:
Resetera was bought by Moba, which has plenty of forums under it's umbrella. In some of those forums there are plenty of comments considered uber-racist/misogynistic/transphobic by Era standards. Given that Era was created to be wokest among the woke gaming forums, that should be a bit of a problem for many users.

I'm surprised mods haven't left en masse because of this. I'm curious about what's going to happen next.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Kindly remove your nose from my ass.
Looking Good Peyton Manning GIF by Tide

I have offended the leader?

Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

forgive me!!!!!!!

forget it I'm gonna start my own website with hookers and blackjack.....

Burning Burn It Down GIF by iAM_Learning

homer simpson middle finger GIF

say hello to
resettheerroreraerror

easy to pronounce and type

suckers I'm gonna make like at least 50 million

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

Last edited:

Mods should allow conservative point of views

Update on board emails
Still waiting …it’s the weekend so I will give it until we’d my time and send another lot

going back a few pages it’s interesting the point that sa owner made about why the mods are sucking up cerium’s ass and defending the position of not being paid as the final part of the 4.5 million payment is due to hit cerium’s bank account in dec

my guess is many of them are either
A) have a silent arrangement with cerium to keep the wheels being squeaky while the final payment clears

B) they are hoping for some sort of handout but have no arrangements

my guess is M.O.B.A is looking over the forum now and how they integrate it into their other sites (it’s not linked on their main site yet) and what changes need to be made so I’d expect whatever changes are gonna happen they will be after dec which I reckon we are gonna see part 2 of this saga when the mods realise cerium really has taken the whole cash bag and ran and resetera starts getting the same shitty ads as the rest of the network

expect some meltdowns over the Xmas period apart from the usual “I disowned my family because they voted for trump…but still live in their basement and eat all their food for free” posts

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I’ve been banned multiple times for “tone policing”….like WTF.

Isn’t tone policing tone policing?

Tone policing is something they made up to demean and silence people they think aren't angry enough over whatever topic they're discussing. The very idea is for small minded people that simply cannot accept that someone isn't as emotional about something as they are. So, of course it's a favorite excuse for ree mods to ban someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom