• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus reportedly removing mods that remove pronouns from Starfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
reading is hard. I never said that I'm saying you said that.

also why do you do this.
MJlVfZx.png
Because this is hilarious man 😂

This thread is the best laugh I've had in weeks.

So how does this work? Does it just delete the lines of dialog that say “him” or “her”?
I would guess it goes by gender or voice selection, and then just defaults everything to that choice without you being asked or selecting another option. Pretty much how Skyrim, Mass Effect, and every other game like that worked until about five minutes ago.

Senua

There was also a mod to turn Wyll from Baldur's Gate III white lol. It got taken down too. I also believe the mod that removed pride flags from Spider-Man on PC were removed.

wyll-does-not-deserve-this-v0-pym0mz67owib1.png

I don't mind their removal. These mods are incredibly pathetic.
"SwedenRebel"

Checks out lol

Aenima

FF16 is woke ?
I guess cuz thers a gay character in it? Woke ppl shit on it for lack of diversity, others call it woke.

And isent the starfield pronoum thing just a thing that appear during the character creator? Why even bother to mod something u will never gona see in the game once you are out of the character creator? Also why is Nexus banning it? The point of mods is to personalize a game to personal tastes, if some ppl is too bothered by such a small thing, let them mod it. Shit show from all sides.

Last edited:

mhirano

The pronouns thing in the game is literally just one question in the character creator and if you don’t choose ‘they/them’ you will never have to worry about that again.
How can people be triggered by this is beyond my comprehension.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
The pronouns thing in the game is literally just one question in the character creator and if you don’t choose ‘they/them’ you will never have to worry about that again.
How can people be triggered by this is beyond my comprehension.
Lol you should see the Steam forums. Half the threads are people bitching about the game being woke.

Montauk

I guess cuz thers a gay character in it? Woke ppl shit on it for lack of diversity, others call it woke.

And isent the starfield pronoum thing just a thing that appear during the character creator? Why even bother to mod something u will never gona see in the game once you are out of the character creator? Also why is Nexus banning it? The point of mods is to personalize a game to personal tastes, if some ppl is too bothered by such a small thing, let them mod it. Shit show from all sides.

Well part of the problem here is that woke means everything and nothing at the same time.

If people just said “I hate the game because there’s a gay character “ then most people would just think oh another homophobe and move on.

But if you say woke then, well, you’re off to the races.

It really is absurd all the way around. Just gonna sit back and eat my popcorn.
One of the reasons I'm laughing so hard is because, for those who severely dislike multiple pronoun labels in games, it takes merely a few seconds of critical thinking to realize that removing all of the pronouns would be just as gender fluid as having all of them.

It makes this even more of a clown show once that group realizes this.

Montauk

There was also a mod to turn Wyll from Baldur's Gate III white lol. It got taken down too. I also believe the mod that removed pride flags from Spider-Man on PC were removed.

wyll-does-not-deserve-this-v0-pym0mz67owib1.png

I don't mind their removal. These mods are incredibly pathetic.

Yeah I was going to make a comparison like this.

If there was a mod that turned all characters (including NPCs) into white people would people claim loudly that Nexus had an obligation to host it?

Is it ‘woke’ to have non-white people in a game?

StueyDuck

Another starfield thread with a shit load of gaslighting...

Sure I agree that baby face boy or whatever acted like a childish numpty.

But if people want to mod it out then isn't that fair enough.

What's with all these resetera like comments in here 🤣. This reaction from nexus mods is just as sad and pathetic as the baby face boys video meltdown

Last edited:

Solidus_T

Man I can't imagine being that damn rustled by the character creator asking me my pronouns that I need to go to the extent to CREATE A MOD to remove it. The onus is on the people so terminally hurt by this that they seek a way to remove it.
It's a few seconds of the game. Big deal
I'll add this too; if this keeps them from playing and enjoying a game, then they don't deserve to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I don't get what the issue is in the game, is it some characters using these weird invented pronouns or something?

Montauk

I don't get what the issue is in the game, is it some characters using these weird invented pronouns or something?

You can chose pronouns at the extensive character customisation screen.

Oh and at some point he met a female character who said she was a clone of a man and misunderstood that to mean that she is trans.

He’s reacting to the latter in the screenshot.

Last edited:

Luc2010

The response from the Nexus Moderator sounds very childish. He/She could have responded with a little more professionalism.

Kataploom

Gold Member
You can chose pronouns at the extensive character customisation screen.
Hmmmm but there are no people using xyr, pur, chim and those weird pronouns or something? Is it just because of that?

I kinda get some people being triggered by it, they pushed so hard even younger generations are kinda moving to the other extreme but that's something one could pass... I mean, it damages no one and you won't know about it anymore once you get in the game, right?

Hugare

I don't understand how this pronoun thing got so out of hand... Like... it matters for how much of the population... why do we have to bend over backward for such a minority of weird people who don't understand how biology works.

"bend over"

The Office Reaction GIF

It's one more option during the character creator

You make it sound like Bethesda raided your house and forced you to become trans

The funny thing is that Bethesda cares so much, that they dont give a damn and call you "him/her" during the campaign regardless of what you pick

Last edited:

Solidus_T

The amount of people pulling the "both sides" with this are lying to themselves. There's a person who made a mod for Baldur's Gate 3 to make Wyll a white man. They're so racist that they are hurt by a black main character, and their mod deserved to get panned in the comments.
No, he was definitely wrong.

Can I ask what your reaction would be if he’d been ranting like this after talking to a gay character?
Well put - Similar to the point I am making.

Montauk

Hmmmm but there are no people using xyr, pur, chim and those weird pronouns or something? Is it just because of that?

I kinda get some people being triggered by it, they pushed so hard even younger generations are kinda moving to the other extreme but that's something one could pass... I mean, it damages no one and you won't know about it anymore once you get in the game, right?

I don’t know, I only remember seeing they/them besides she/he. I don’t know if you can type in a custom one

BlackTron

One of the reasons I'm laughing so hard is because, for those who severely dislike multiple pronoun labels in games, it takes merely a few seconds of critical thinking to realize that removing all of the pronouns would be just as gender fluid as having all of them.

It makes this even more of a clown show once that group realizes this.

Critical thinking lol

mNG2zVl.gif

Kataploom

Gold Member
I don’t know, I only remember seeing they/them besides she/he. I don’t know if you can type in a custom one
What I asked is if there are other characters using those invented pronouns or something, then I could understand the backslash of some people but if it's only in the character creator then yeah, way too overblown...

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
I would guess it goes by gender or voice selection, and then just defaults everything to that choice without you being asked or selecting another option. Pretty much how Skyrim, Mass Effect, and every other game like that worked until about five minutes ago.
Nah, that’s how it works now. It defaults to whatever body type you selected, all you do is hit next or whatever. It is literally zero effort unless you choose otherwise, which is what makes this whole thing so ridiculous.

People are going out of their way to take offence at something that does not affect them. They are like vegans who walk into MacDonald’s and complain that they can’t stand the smell of meat, then demand that all meat products be modded off the menu just so that they don’t have to experience it. Hell, it’s worse than that - the transphobes can still play the game exactly the way they want without ever having to engage with this whole gender thing in any way other than, as you say, the way Skyrim / Fallout / etc already worked.

If this upsets you, you need help. Don’t make Nexus Mods your group therapy hangout.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The amount of people pulling the "both sides" with this are lying to themselves. There's a person who made a mod for Baldur's Gate 3 to make Wyll a white man. They're so racist that they are hurt by a black main character, and their mod deserved to get panned in the comments.

Well put - Similar to the point I am making.
Is Disney racist when they race swap their storied characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom