• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the 3 years Alex...no one else is going to give you 1 let alone 5...

you know what, i like alex and he had a really good season but i'm fine if we roll with kap. alex needs to understand that harbaugh is the reason he had a good year and if he wants to build on that then he needs to take our offer or else he can leave town!

methodman

Banned
Take the 3 years Alex...no one else is going to give you 1 let alone 5...

I agree. I like Alex a lot, but our FO is right in not giving him a 5 year deal right now, he still has a ton to prove. I just wish they were also looking at peyton to see if he could be a fit here (imo he could be). oh well. I hope alex signs soon so we can stop dreaming about peyton hah

Godslay

Banned
I'm sure the Broncos love getting roid suspension news the day Manning comes to town.

Scratch that, I guess they did test. Supposedly, Williams was suspended for providing a "non-human" sample. LOL Collector was fired for screwing up samples. As far as Green, I'm not sure what exactly his deal is.

Just as a side note the person that was collecting the samples at the time was relieved of his duties due to violating protocols for collection.

The rest of the story is here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7667289/source-denver-broncos-dj-williams-ryan-mcbean-virgil-green-suspended

A little early but I'm hearing they will likely win their appeals, and have sued the NFL.

I agree. I like Alex a lot, but our FO is right in not giving him a 5 year deal right now, he still has a ton to prove. I just wish they were also looking at peyton to see if he could be a fit here (imo he could be). oh well. I hope alex signs soon so we can stop dreaming about peyton hah

who says we aren't looking at peyton? as with all signings, it's usually a team that no one has talked about. who talked about the eagles signing nnamdi? no one. don't be surprised if peypey goes to a team that no one is talking about

methodman

Banned
who says we aren't looking at peyton? as with all signings, it's usually a team that no one has talked about. who talked about the eagles signing nnamdi? no one. don't be surprised if peypey goes to a team that no one is talking about

I know man. I have no doubt we are talkin about peyton... especially since Alex and peyton have the same agent (tom condon).

Jtrizzy

Niners make the most sense by a long shot. They would automatically be top 3 favorites to win the Super Bowl. Wayne comes in, teaches Crabtree and he's an all pro in 2 years max. Backfield is loaded between Gore, Kendall, and Delaney.

ChanHuk

Banned
Raiders are under the cap finally. About 7 million under the cap, but if Tyvon Branch signs his tender they'll be a million under the cap. He'll sign him long term and make some decent FA moves.

Godslay

Banned
Niners make the most sense by a long shot. They would automatically be top 3 favorites to win the Super Bowl. Wayne comes in, teaches Crabtree and he's an all pro in 2 years max. Backfield is loaded between Gore, Kendall, and Delaney.

Didn't SF's GM state that they are not looking to go after Manning and they are comfortable with Smith and Kaepernick? Did something change?

Didn't SF's GM state that they are not looking to go after Manning and they are comfortable with Smith and Kaepernick? Did something change?

why would a GM or anyone openly say "Yeah, we're talking to peypey" when they still have their QB from last year waiting on the line. it's a delicate situation and you can't publicly announce any interest in peyton unless you have a deal in place because if you dont get him you have now alienated alex smith

why would a GM or anyone openly say "Yeah, we're talking to peypey" when they still have their QB from last year waiting on the line. it's a delicate situation and you can't publicly announce any interest in peyton unless you have a deal in place because if you dont get him you have now alienated alex smith

This post reminds me of when we didn't get Harbaugh and resigned Sporano. :(

Godslay

Banned

I understand what you are saying. I think to land Manning, you have to commit your franchise to him. By publicly committing to Smith, even if they are working behind the scenes to land Manning, doesn't help their cause. I feel that you are either fully in or out with Manning. Of course it's all speculation at this point. Anything can happen, and as you pointed out Asomugha landed in Philly, which most people didn't predict.

Not sure, but they are never mentioned by the various talking heads.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-11035600

Found it.

i'm not saying we will get peyton or that we are even talking to him but i'm just saying it's very naive to believe that everything in the news is the only things that are happening

I understand that it is more than meets the eye. Just sounds ass backwards to publicly commit to Alex while trying to land Manning. Worst case scenario is that you don't land either, especially if you are feigning interest in Smith while working on Manning. All or nothing in my opinion.

I don't even eat Taco Bell, just follow their Franken-taco creations out of morbid curiosity.

But them someone always comes in and goes DERPA DURPA I've had *reeeeeal* tacos.

Everyone is a Buzzkillington.

I don't even eat Taco Bell, just follow their Franken-taco creations out of morbid curiosity.

But them someone always comes in and goes DERPA DURPA I've had *reeeeeal* tacos.

Everyone is a Buzzkillington.

You've never had ----- and are trying to talk about ----?! Get outta here.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, I've slow cooked my own carnitas and shit. Cilantro, onion, fresh corn torilla and tomatillo pico. Great shit.

But a goddamn Taco Bell chalupa when drunk works.

Mmmmm quinoa, I might score some black quinoa.

I was thinking in the direction of some fish, might have a lady friend over for diner.

Vera Cruz is my favorite make-at-home fish dish. Definitely recommend it if you haven't tried it. Not difficult if you're somewhat quick with a knife. It's a tomato-sweet pepper-jalapeno-onion-cinnamon-olives-lemon juice-capers sauce. I do variations of it all the time, last night was Lemon Sole Vera Cruz, but I left out the capers and olives (Not leaving out the olives ever again though!). Sometimes I'll finish it with some butter and broil the fish with it as a topping, this stuff is just all around awesome.

Vera Cruz is my favorite make-at-home fish dish. Definitely recommend it if you haven't tried it. Not difficult if you're somewhat quick with a knife. It's a tomato-sweet pepper-jalapeno-onion-cinnamon-olives-lemon juice-capers sauce. I do variations of it all the time, last night was Lemon Sole Vera Cruz, but I left out the capers and olives (Not leaving out the olives ever again though!). Sometimes I'll finish it with some butter and broil the fish with it as a topping, this stuff is just all around awesome.

What the fuck does this even mean?

Watch out we've got a bad ass over here

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah, I've slow cooked my own carnitas and shit. Cilantro, onion, fresh corn torilla and tomatillo pico. Great shit.

But a goddamn Taco Bell chalupa when drunk works.

Yes but if you aren't spending 30 bucks a meal and buying solely from your local organic grocery store AND aren't counting your carbs, you're the worst person who ever lived and you disgust me.

It all comes down to people wanting to be elitists, which is what pisses me off.

You've had the time/money/resources to be cultured, lording it over people only makes you a douchebag.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well since we're all football fans here who like to talk about football things, I would hope we'd be safe from any pious food snobbery here.

effzee

Jacobs was released?

WOW at the list of guys Colts let go. They better hope the GM from the Eagles LOL FO works out for them. He has to fill 10-15 starting positions. And he has to bank on Luck being the real deal.

Good luck Colts-GAF.

As for the Eagles Castillo is still DC :(

All this talk about Mexican food and Taco Bell and not a single joke or reference to Freeman.

snes would be proud of NFLGAF's remarkable restraint.

I'm sure as hell not, VIVA LA FATMAN!

Talon

:jnc

Of all the things to get upset about - tacos?
All this talk about Mexican food and Taco Bell and not a single joke or reference to Freeman.

snes would be proud of NFLGAF's remarkable restraint.

I'm sure as hell not, VIVA LA FATMAN!
Josh Freeman exclusively eats Mexican Pizzas.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Which is hilarious, considering I went to a culinary school and interned as a classical French chef and worked in that industry for 10 years.

I think the job shift really caused to me to stop giving a fuck about that shit though. I'mma eat a chalupa and drink a Corona (OMG NOT A MICROBREW!!!)

First google result was this :

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/halibut-veracruz-recipe/index.html

Is this close to how you make it?

Don't see the cinnamon, but I'm not usually a cinnamon kinda guy so unless you think that it really needs it, I would probably leave it out anyway. You use halibut?

It looks nice and colorful, so I will consider it. Gonna check out what the fish guy has and then decide what I'm gonna do.

And thanks for the link Angmars! Can always come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom