• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Halibut, Sole, etc. - any butter sauce goes great with whitefish, since it's a bit of a blank canvas.

Hell, just lemon, garlic, butter, and capers is my go to.

Talon

Of course NFL Gaf loves Taco Bell while Pretentious Gaf scoffs at it.

RIP Chili Cheese Burritos
Speaking of delicious tacos, I don't know if you actually live in Baltimore but Tortilleria Sinaloa in Fells Point is really fucking good. Better than most places in Chicago despite our large mexican population.

They're having the time of their lives. Peyton looks ready to sign that contract.

AnlEgQ1CMAAyHZW.jpg:large

at first i thought the broncos would be a bad destination for madden but after watching an espn news report i think it might be a good spot for him. i forgot how good denvers offensive line is. they also have a really good defense. finally, they are in maybe the worst division in the NFL so it shouldn't be too hard to capture the division

Talon

Living in Florida I always wonder why Red Lobsters are always full.
I imagine it's the same feeling I have when I walk around downtown and see the Chili's and PF Changs packed with tourists.

That's fine if you enjoy those places, but if you're in a city known for its restaurants, why are you going to the same chain you can go to back home? It's like going to McDonalds, while you're in Paris.

First google result was this :

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/halibut-veracruz-recipe/index.html

Is this close to how you make it?

Don't see the cinnamon, but I'm not usually a cinnamon kinda guy so unless you think that it really needs it, I would probably leave it out anyway. You use halibut?

It looks nice and colorful, so I will consider it. Gonna check out what the fish guy has and then decide what I'm gonna do.

That's a weird one, I've never seen it with Avocado. I want to try that. Found this one, has the core of the recipe right (tho it's missing some things I use), http://allrecipes.com/recipe/snapper-veracruz/

Instead of canned chiles I'd just use one jalapeno. I use lemon juice instead of lime. And if you have it add a dash of dried thyme and a dash of marjoram too it, this recipe left out the herbs. Most recipes call for a little bit of stock too, maybe there's enough liquid from the canned chiles in this one? I add about a teaspoon of sugar too. I also throw in a bay leaf.

Cinnamon is a key ingredient for sure, but I think it'd still be good without it. I use cinnamon stick so when I feel it has enough I just take the stick out, don't have to ever worry about too much.

And I never had Halibut this style, but it would definitely be good.

at first i thought the broncos would be a bad destination for madden but after watching an espn news report i think it might be a good spot for him. i forgot how good denvers offensive line is. they also have a really good defense. finally, they are in maybe the worst division in the NFL so it shouldn't be too hard to capture the division

I thought John Madden retired? Like permanently? Like "Favre ain't walkin' through that door" retired?

Indeed. Their receiving corps is pretty weak but so was Indy's so who knows.

I'm vegan two days a week (for Lenten fasting) and it's super hard. I'm supposed be working up to doing it every day of Lent, but Orthodox Lent includes fasting from Oil as well some of the days. No Meat, Dairy, or Oil makes shit reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal hard.

Talon

Speaking of Denver...
The NFL says it has suspended linebacker D.J. Williams, defensive tackle Ryan McBean and tight end Virgil Green of the Denver Broncos for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Link

Godslay

Banned
They're discussing how to turn Tebow into Dallas Clark 2.0

Tebow is likely still going to be the backup. If they want Clark, he's available. With Virgil Green suspended, a TE spot just opened up.

Speaking of Denver...

Link

Late, and the whole thing, sounds a bit shady considering NFL fired the sample collector due to collection violations:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7667289/source-denver-broncos-dj-williams-ryan-mcbean-virgil-green-suspended

Sounds like Green was taking ADHD medication without notifying the NFL...

Milchjon

I imagine it's the same feeling I have when I walk around downtown and see the Chili's and PF Changs packed with tourists.

That's fine if you enjoy those places, but if you're in a city known for its restaurants, why are you going to the same chain you can go to back home? It's like going to McDonalds, while you're in Paris.

I actually did that. Being a broke student sucks.

Godslay

Banned
Tebow and MJD running the option.

I'm in.

I'd watch out of curiosity.

Even so, I don't see him leaving unless Jax offers something really good. Getting Manning will tamp down even the loudest Tebow crazies, Tebow's cheap at $815k next year, and if Painter can do the job Tebow is certainly qualified.

Imo it doesn't make much sense to move him unless the offer is right.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'd watch out of curiosity.

Even so, I don't see him leaving unless Jax offers something really good. Getting Manning will tamp down even the loudest Tebow crazies, Tebow's cheap at $815k next year, and if Painter can do the job Tebow is certainly qualified.

Imo it doesn't make much sense to move him unless the offer is right.

I actually think that the Jags would be desperate enough to offer their 2nd round pick, #38.

Tamanon

Banned
Might as well ship our first round pick, we'd just waste it anyways. Last worthwhile one we had was 2003 when it was Big John Henderson.

I mean.... maybe Marcedes Lewis has been adequate but not first round talent.

Godslay

Banned
I actually think that the Jags would be desperate enough to offer their 2nd round pick, #38.

I hate to say it, but that is a pretty enticing offer. I think you have to take it. If anything, take the pick and take a QB with the pick that suits the style Elway/Fox are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom