• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Dot Horses

RedRum

Banned
Yep. RIP Dot Horses 😢

tGc73g2.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Since I guess we're done for the year(?), I figured I'd post year end stats.

(I'm still up for games but considering we haven't played in almost 2 months.......you know.)

Code:
[B][U]Club record:[/U][/B]

81-89-22

[B][U]Player Stats[/U][/B]

[U]Player                 GP     G     A     P    +/-    PIM    PPG    SHG    HITS    BS    SH     SH%[/U]    
DopeyFish              32     6    20    26     +4     55      1      0      91    16    79    7.6%
drpepper               10     4     7    11     -2     10      0      0       2     1    30   13.3%
FUBAR McDangles         3     0     2     2     -1      2      0      0       9     2     6    0.0%
Marvie_3              193   134   117   251    -83    392     25      6     350    16  1046   12.8%
Netmapel                3     0     0     0     -6      4      0      0       2     0     5    0.0%
Nozdeuce               62    28    26    54    -44    130      3      1     186     4   370    7.6%
Red_Man                20     5    11    16     -7     23      0      0      37     1    86    5.8%
RedRum                 85    26    40    66    -54     99      6      1     118     8   311    8.4%
Schuey_F1              50     9    30    39    -28     74      2      1      45    18   178    5.1%
shawnoftheshred        30    13    13    26    -22     49      5      0      89     5   191    6.8%
Legit's stats aren't 100% accurate because it deletes your stats if you leave and rejoin a club.

Apologies to those of you that joined but never got the chance to play much for whatever reason. Same goes for anyone who joined late in the season and didn't get many games in. Next year should be a lot better. My work schedule was awful for the first few months so we didn't play nearly as often as we could and should have been.

We definitely improved a ton from beginning to end though. It was really noticeable. We weren't very good when we started but we got a lot better towards the end. We ended up in Division 2 which is pretty good considering most of us had never played EASHL with each other before other than Schuey, Noz, Legit, and myself and even then it's been a few years. Getting more games in would have helped us improve even more. Even though we ended up with a losing record, it was still a blast playing with everyone. This was definitely one of the most fun EASHL years for me. Nothing will ever top the insanity and ridiculousness of the NHL 10 club but it was still a ton of fun.

I'll have a thread up earlier for the NHL 18 club so hopefully we can snag a few more players before everyone finds other clubs. Usually I have it up before the game releases but this year I think it was a couple weeks late and that might have limited exposure for the club. I'll send messages to everyone about next year's club towards the end of summer as well. Hopefully we can get everyone back and hit the ground running as soon as NHL 18 comes out.

And hopefully Legit can find a controller that lasts more than 6 minutes.

RedRum

Banned
How did you get the stats? It was fun while it lasted. I think when it comes to not getting games, you have to break your no 2's rule, Marv. I'm always down to play no matter what and I will definitely be there for NHL 18.

Marvie_3

Banned
How did you get the stats? It was fun while it lasted. I think when it comes to not getting games, you have to break your no 2's rule, Marv. I'm always down to play no matter what and I will definitely be there for NHL 18.
Just took them from in the game?

I'll think about it. Playing 2s is almost guaranteed to be shit though.

I'm still around for games. Just got really tied up as my band was releasing our new album and that meant that every free minute was spent on prepping things for it. I'm mostly available weekday nights (not tonight) and weekend mornings.

Do you guys do shows in Calgary? I should check you out some time if so.

Edit: listening to The Core Competencies'of Napalmpom right now on Groove Music. Digging it!
We actually live in Calgary, weirdly enough, so yes, all the time. Sunday all-ages show at Broken City actually. We're on 4:30pm-ish. All proceeds go to music programs for kids with autism.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
We actually live in Calgary, weirdly enough, so yes, all the time. Sunday all-ages show at Broken City actually. We're on 4:30pm-ish. All proceeds go to music programs for kids with autism.

Nice! I live outside of Calgary. It would be cool to see a show.

Favorite song so far is probably Stop the Presses.

U_Know_Me

I'm interested in joining if you guys are looking. I haven't played club in a couple years because of kids and work but otp is pissing me off. Im OK with any position accept goalie but I'm not a good d man. Gamertag: xx u know me xx

We choked in spectacular fashion :*(

I'm interested in joining if you guys are looking. I haven't played club in a couple years because of kids and work but otp is pissing me off. Im OK with any position accept goalie but I'm not a good d man. Gamertag: xx u know me xx

Sure, we're mostly UK based so timings might be a bit odd outside of weekends. I'll send you an invite next time I fire up NHL

Youre welcome to make your own thread next time instead of trying to poach people from this club.

Can't we all just get along :(

I only started posting in here because the NHL 17 thread itself is dead, there seems to be about five people on all of GAF that play this game and this thread has more posts wondering if anyone is playing than talking about any games that were played.

If the idea of joining a group that plays regularly is so upsetting then I'll get out of here.

Roll on NHL 18.

RedRum

Banned
Easy peeps! We should all be one happy Xbox family.

I take it combining both clubs into one is out of the question?

Anyone downloading the NHL 18 Open Beta? To be honest, looking at the features for 18, I was feeling like I was going to pass - no new engine, no significant improvements where I am most likely to play, BUT I hear you can play as Youppi in the 3 on 3 mode?!

Top Bottom