• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHLPA Approves 24-Team Playoff Format for Potential Return to Play

cryptoadam

Banned

The NHL Players Association voted to approve the league's proposal of a 24-team, conference-based playoff format as a restart to the 2019–2020 season.

The agreement does not involve a timetable for when hockey will return to play, but rather the format the league will adopt once that time comes. The decision doesn't guarantee that hockey will return, as the league and players union still need to negotiate other details, including health and safety protocols.

The NHLPA later announced that its executive board has authorized further negotiations with the NHL on a 24-team return to play format, subject to reaching an overall agreement with the league on resuming the season.

One step closer to some hockey. Lets get those details hammered out and get things going. Habs to win the cup this year whoop whoop here we go.

cryptoadam

Banned
Hell yeah. Hockey is the weakest of my sports interests but I am down to watch anything sports related now

They can easily wear masks with those helmets too!

Hopefully the NBA starts up to in Orlando, and Baseball goes forward.

Even with no fans at least having some sports to watch will get us through this damn virus.

cryptoadam

Banned
Fuck ya. And even better, at 24 teams and byes for top teams it looks like my Leafs won't play TB or Boston right away. Good.

Lets hope the stars align and we can get a habs-leafs playoff series.

I will give you my condolences in advance for the beating we will put on you and Austin Matthews fucked up mustache. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Top Bottom