• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier 2 announced (Square Enix, Yoko Taro, Platinum Games, Akihiko Yoshida, PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Really surprised Sony didn't have this at their conference.

Not that they NEEDED it but it would've been cool to have it among all the hype and chaos.

Holy shit, this is the best news of E3!!

A NieR follow up, directed by Taro and developed by Platinum. My head just exploded!

FF7 Remake
StarFox details
Last Guardian still alive
Xenoblade CX and Wooly World release dates

All of these are blown away!

Kinda weird/sad that Sony doesn't care enough to mention true (?) exclusive PS4 games at their conference (or even put them into their reel like Persona V).

I'm legit crying. Not only more Drakengard/Nier, but it will actually play good!!!! ;_;

I can't handle this man. Its too much. Yoko Taro, Okabe and Platnium are the best! Thank you so much SE

Ferr986

So fucking happy that Nier is back. Game deserves it. And Platinum. I love Platinum.
Nier + Platinum + Yoko Taro directing? I don't ever have words right now....

Hybrid897

This is such a dream team. Niers story, atmosphere and music were ace with the gameplay falling short. Platinum combat + nier story :O :O

How is platinum handling so much though? I thought they were fairly small.

Coda

Whoa. Megaton for me.

Platinum thiugh? Not sure about that as a fit for Nier.

It totally is, some of the bosses in the original Nier were basically so similar to Bayonetta battles that I thought they initially contracted some of the design to Platinum. Platinum won't fully make the action over the top like Bayonetta, they'll mend to the style of Nier while making the combat better and more fluid.

Wagram

Nier is the best Drakengard. I love this entire franchise so damn much. Even the low budget products like D3 are soo goood.

wmlk

20150616_132027_zpsklivwm04.jpg

KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EMIIIIIIIIIILLLLLL

Hexa

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Best E3 in ages. Especially for Japanese games. And Square Enix still isn't even done yet.

Also Platinum exclusives for everyone!!! lol

Joni

Kinda weird/sad that Sony doesn't care enough to mention true (?) exclusive PS4 games at their conference (or even put them into their reel like Persona V).

Square-Enix might want to keep stuff for their own conference, or even make sure NieR isn't overshadowed by Final Fantasy VII.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I should play Nier.

I suppose Sony didn't want to show something so early in development in their conference. But this is big.

Cirdan

Neo Member
Yeah.
I'm buying a ps4.

This was unexpected. If they somehow throw in Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist by some magic, I'm going to faint.

Snakebee

Neo Member
I didn't really care about the FF7, Last Guardian, and Shenmue 3.
This was a huge surprise, PG + new Nier?? Legit almost cried in joy, don't even care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom