• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 1.1?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tellaerin said:
Free content from Tecmo is terrific. Being required to subscribe to Microsoft's very-much-non-free online service to get that free content is bullshit. There's no real reason devs couldn't include net code on the disc that would enable you to download updates from them directly, like some Dreamcast games did.
Again, everybody seems to be missing the point that THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE PAID MONEY FOR XBOX LIVE FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE. It is part of the advertised service. It's not like they're springing some surprise charge on you.

This is like people who don't pay for or have access to broadband complaining that somebody should provide them with faster service simply because it's "unfair" that others go faster. Those other people PAID FOR A SERVICE. If you didn't pay for or simply don't have access to a service, then you DON'T GET THE BENEFITS OF THE SERVICE. This isn't rocket science, people.

SyNapSe

As was said earlier,

There is NO WAY Tecmo or any other company would go out of their way to create new content (after already getting all the money they can out of you), host the servers, broadband (basically forever), and support staffs.

I imagine it would easily cost in the multimillions of dollars by the time they could finally take down the sites.

This isn't a "free" update, there is no doubt MS paid for the development or gave some kind of bonus to Tecmo. Why? So, people would buy into their service.

Just like HBO creates new series, and miniseries such as Band Of Brothers. When I first saw the previews for Band of Brothers, I KNEW I wanted to see it.

I didn't go on the internet and screm, WTF? HBO expects me to pay for this shit? They should broadcast it for free!! Instead, I bit the bullet and signed up for HBO's service. If it hadn't been so important, I could have waited for it to hit DVD 4 months later or whatever. Just as I think most of us imagine that this content bonus will probably hit mainstream through OXM or some other source eventually.

Top Bottom