• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 1.1?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Put an easier mode in and I'll buy it.

Yeah, I'm lame, but so are thousands of other potential customers.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Mama Smurf said:
That would be an intelligent move. It should have done in the beginning, might have costed a couple of sales.

And no I love my Ninja Gaiden, gives me a nice challenge.

Mama Smurf

siamesedreamer said:
Dude, its not that hard of a game.

Yes it is. It's well acknowledged as a very hard game too, this isn't just me talking with my not so great skills. And I know people who can't finish Mario Sunshine (hell I know people who can't finish Zelda!) and for them, the game is impossible. They're happy to play games if they can get a decent way through them, like I probably could with Ninja Gaiden, they don't care if they can finish them, but they wouldn't stand a hope with a game like NG. So they're never going to buy it without an easier mode.

It should have been in there in the first place. I understand it's a game designed for the hardcore, but it's not like hardcore gamers are being forced to play the easy modes.

EDIT:

For the weaksauce comment, I'm well aware I'm not a great gamer. I just enjoy games. Sometiems I wonder how many of you guys would enjoy games as much as you do if you weren't so good at them

belgurdo

Banned
Actually, for all you dick sizers, the game IS hard, at least for those of us who aren't willing to slave away at practing a game for 16 hours a day. I personally was starting to get tired of playing it after getting blown up by ninjas every time I'd try to Izuna Drop a crowd of them at once.

Pimpbaa

belgurdo said:
Actually, for all you dick sizers, the game IS hard, at least for those of us who aren't willing to slave away at practing a game for 16 hours a day. I personally was starting to get tired of playing it after getting blown up by ninjas every time I'd try to Izuna Drop a crowd of them at once.

16 hours a day huh? I only played the game a couple hours a day, and I finished it within a week without much difficulty (ok, well some difficulty my first time through). Never did no Izuna drops either.

Edit: The game is definitely way easier the second time through (if you collected quite a few golden scarabs the first time).

bheemer

beat the game the first time in 30 hours, and thats because i really explored. looking for all kinds of secrets. so 16 hours means 2 days.

and im not that skilled at games. the second time through it was much easier knwoing the tactics and i beat it in 14. shit i didnt die once till level 4 the second time through.

cuccoo

why the hell do you people still arguing about this? Its been known for hundreds of years that people learn and adapt differently, same thing with the amount of effort they want to put into something.

I agree that NG's normal difficulty is less forgiving than many recent 3d action games. Though, I have no problem adjusting to that. I understand why many people are going crazy about the difficulty and I do hope that Tecmo make an easy mode for these people.

Though I prefer if the game ask you if you want to lower the difficulty after you die a few times. That way people at least try the game a bit.

The game is not very difficult, if you are stuck for more than 2-3 hours, then you should try changing the way you apporach the game. Sometimes getting better at a game is more rewarding than just rushing through the game with no challange. Ninja Gaiden is not about the story, so there not much reward at the end. Its about the gameplay, which you experience at any stage of the game.

Deku Tree said:
If they release a 1.1 (which I doubt), they better let me exchange my release day full price copy!
They probably will, just like EA does with their yearly sports titles, Capcom did with the Street Fighter II Turbo, and Nintendo did with Shindou Super Mario 64.

BuddyC

sad.gif

Ramirez

Heh,it is a hard game,but not unbeatable once you get the hang of things...

I noticed on my firs trip through I was at 7 hours already and I was just on Alma (Chapter 7 I think)...but when I got stuck on her I just restarted the entire game and ended up beating it in 9 hours,lol...

If they do release a 1.1 or whatever I hope they make it available somehow other than D/L,cuz I don't have BB :(

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Redbeard said:
"Ninja Gaiden 1.1 -- Yup. Not just d/l content. New screens and first info tonight." - Hil IGN

Not just d/l content suggests a new release in addition to d/l content. PS2 port??

shpankey

not an idiot
Mama Smurf said:

Yeah, I'm lame, but so are thousands of other potential customers.

I agree. I quit playing the game out of frustration. I hate having to repeat levels over and over... which I was having to do on the 3rd level before I gave up. Realizing I was waisting my time. I don't really give a fuck if there are thousands of you who did it with ease and had no troubles.

----

Banned
belgurdo said:
The game is not hard and it has nothing to do with dick size. 16 hours a day? That's absurd. I doubt you played the game for 16 hours period to call it hard. If you're having trouble fighting ninja's you haven't even gotten into the game yet. The game gets much easier after your first encounter with those ninjas you're talking about. No I don't think I'm great at games or that I'm doing anything special. I certainly didn't put in 16 hours a day. The game is hard on hard mode. On normal it is normal difficulty. You start off the game very weak and powerless, this can give you the impression that the game is going to be unforgivingly hard, but after the first few levels they start loading you up with a long health bar, tons of high powered attacks and much stronger weapons, and the difficulty levels off. This is like only the 4th or 5th level of the game, so if you're saying the game is hard you didn't play it for very long. After this going into battles becomes much easier and you come out of 90% of encounters with more health and money than you started with.

"Ninja Gaiden 1.1 -- Yup. Not just d/l content. New screens and first info tonight." - Hil IGN
I took that to mean that the downloadable content was so substantial that it alters the whole game into a version 1.1 of sorts. I certainly don't think it has anything to do with PS2 because Hil is posting this news and also because Ninja Gaiden would be impossible on PS2.

shpankey said:
I agree. I quit playing the game out of frustration. I hate having to repeat levels over and over... which I was having to do on the 3rd level before I gave up. realizing I was waisting my time.
WOW weaksauce. You quit at the absolute worst time. I swear to you right after that is when for me the game went from "meh" to magically awesome. I was turned off by the difficulty of the first 3 levels as well, the game changes drastically after that. You are not wasting your time. Go back. You will thank me. The game became one of the best I've ever played in my life.

shpankey

not an idiot
---- said:
WOW weaksauce. You quit at the absolute worst time. I swear to you right after that is when for me the game went from "meh" to magically awesome. I was turned off by the difficulty of the first 3 levels as well, the game changes drastically after that. You are not wasting your time. Go back. You will thank me. The game became one of the best I've ever played in my life.

Sounds like poor game design to me. Nevertheless, I don't mind you being so much better a player than me that you think of me as some kind of sauce. ;)

JayFro

Banned
It took me 25 hours the first trip through to play Ninja Gaiden and I enjoyed the game quite a bit, but I didn't go for a second play on a harder setting. For me personally Splinter Cell 2 was actually a harder game. There was more trial and error for me in Splinter Cell 2, and some of the missions were much harder.

Mama Smurf

Look, if it's not so hard why does everyone mention the difficulty all the time? Why did reviews keep bringing it up? Why did Itagaki tell us that he had reports from testers that the game was too hard, so he made it even harder?

Some of you may think you're not great at games, but you're a hell of a lot better than I am. And I'm a hell of a lot better than most people I know. i think some of you are really underestimating yourselves.

belgurdo

Banned
----, Well, for one, I was exaggerating, since I'm at the monastery stage and I've learned how to dodge enemies since then, but I hated the learning curve that the game tosses at you at the beginning and the time you have to invest in learning how to fight. A tutorial level would have been infinitely better than giving us "the first boss can only be beaten with counterattacks, and enjoy pounding R trigger for the next two" instead. And that last statement you made is precisely what I mean by disc size...not everyone can beat this game by just blinking at it.

Shompola

Banned
The horse riding boss in second lvl is the hardest part in the entire game. But that boss becomes extremely easy when you figure out how to kill him. I have now played thru the game twice and the second time was VERY EASY. I had like 5 of those auto regenerating life things and I didn't even use one in the entire game. The game is hard but I don't think it's harder than much other games. There are by far much harder games released this generation. And yes the camera is a bitch sometimes, especially when you encounter a boss and the stupid R trigger won't help a bit and refocusing your character with R + right stick is just a no no situation when facing a boss.

"the first boss can only be beaten with counterattacks, "

That is a bad strategy against the first boss. Why not just wall run up and then tap the x/y button and after that just roll back/side ways after the attack. He will be dead under a minute trust me.

----

Banned
shpankey said:
Sounds like poor game design to me. Nevertheless, I don't mind you being so much better a player than me that you think of me as some kind of sauce. ;)
It's weaksauce not because I'm so much better than you but because you gave up so early on in the game and missed out on practically the whole amazing experience. Imagine giving up on Metroid or Zelda that quickly. You don't want to do that. If you like epic boss battles go back, this is one of the most memorable action games of all time. Hell use a strategy guide for a little bit if you have to, the game would still be incredibly fun. The fun comes from the combat at higher levels, not really from puzzle solving. The strategy guide will point you in the right direction and help you prepare for battles. Since the challenge of the game comes from the combat it wouldn't make the game so easy that the fun and enjoyment of the game would be gone. Just don't quit after the 3rd level that's way way way too early. You haven't even gotten a glimpse of the brilliance yet. Max out your Vigorian Flails rip some soldiers to shreds then come back here and tell me the game sucks.

WTF? GET OUT

Improved AI: Ninja Gaiden creator Tomonobu Itagaki wanted to add some extra challenge to an already difficult game, so the AI has been improved to make all enemies smarter. Expect an even greater challenge, no matter what difficulty setting you choose.

OMG

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
WTF!?? Free!!
Now thats pretty cool, I gotta give them credit on this

Redbeard

Banned
Action Engine: How do you improve Ninja Gaiden? Make it faster. Yes, you heard that right. When you download Ninja Gaiden 1.1, you'll get all of the above improvements, plus an upgraded engine that makes the action even faster. What will be faster? Everything. Ryu, the enemies, and most importantly the combat. All of it will come quicker requiring even greater reflexes. Think back to what it was like playing the "slow" version of Ninja Gaiden and imagine tossing shurikens while running along walls and battling four of those annoying brown ninjas at once. Now speed that up. Hear that sound? That's your brain about to explode.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
explodet said:
.... but it's not a patch!

Muwhahah, that is pretty ironic.
Since it is pretty much a patch it should be available for free if you have your xbox hooked up to the internet, minus the extra content.

holy crap thats an aweasome update!!

this must have been the revolutionairy stuff itagaki was talking about before!!

i wish i didnt trade mine in :(

AWESOME xbox live update.. MS must have paid team ninja to do this, a serious selling point for xbox live is this game alone...

going to keep the hype and sales decent for the game too.

bheemer

haha people thought there was gonna be an easy mode but the game just got harder!

seriously though this changes the game im gonna have to play all over again.

Top Bottom