• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry?

Best Action Game Franchise?

• Ninja Gaiden

Votes: 104 46.8%
  • Devil May Cry

Votes: 69 31.1%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • God of War

Votes: 24 10.8%

• Total voters

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
They mostly fixed those in Sigma version.
Didn't they add a bunch of other issues?

In any case, thanks, I might give the Sigma version a go since aside from the camera the game sure seemed to be great.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I voted for Ninja Gaiden, and honestly, I think the reason it's the best is because it's not just a series of closed-off rooms where you fight a bunch of dudes. The first game, in particular, felt like an adventure, and the variety of locales and occasional platforming bits made it feel like a much more complete experience. Those moments when you aren't fighting are exactly the breather you need to get excited for the next battle.

Didn't they add a bunch of other issues?

In any case, thanks, I might give the Sigma version a go since aside from the camera the game sure seemed to be great.
No issues were added except missing Ayane tutorial/guiding scroll voice overs (only in some versions). Some redundant paths and fetch quests were streamlined. Some of them were interesting, but the changes were mostly conservative.

Last edited:

dave_d

I tried Ninja Gaiden Black, game seemed pretty cool but the camera controls completely and utterly filtered me.

Voted other for Metal Gear Rising, I love that game.
I don't remember there being any instructions on it but pressing in the right stick switched the camera mode that made it actually useful. (The default sucked.)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I don't remember there being any instructions on it but pressing in the right stick switched the camera mode that made it actually useful. (The default sucked.)
I know! Game barely tells you about it yeah.

But still, think I managed to get to the stage 2 boss which was a horserider on a bridge, found myself fighting against the camera more than against the boss itself and noped out.

Feel like a pussy writting this lol, maybe I should give it another chance or just try the Sigma port on PC.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
It's Edge from FF4 drawn by Yukihiro Kujimoto (The Star Ocean 2 remake artist) one of my favorite character designers.
Ohhh I was sure I seen the image before. FF characters are so cool looking. I've been playing ff14 for a while now I'm a big fan.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Ninja Gaiden, but I've only played the NES entries.

ryu-hayabusa.gif

Ninja Gaiden Black is an extremely polished character action game and metroidvania, but it falls down only slightly on terrible plot and writing.

Ninja Gaiden 2 improved on combat and some enemy designs but was made significantly worse by having worse writing and ultimately being a very linear experience (worst decision ever). NG3 was just shit and ruined the franchise.

DMC has had no bad entries with the exception of DMC2, largely due to Capcom’s mismanagement (farming out to a B-team, completely changing the tone of the game etc).

I would say DMC has been consistently better as a franchise.

I hope Tecmo can make a game much like Ninja Gaiden Black one day.

I hope Capcom can make the next DMC a much richer experience and sort of reinvent the formula. I think there’s a ton that can be done to expand the experience and make it more interesting for newcomers, much like what they did with the adventure/story mode in SF6.

I know most people wont agree with me But II'm gonna go with Astral Chain...
While I disagree that Astral Chain tops Ninja Gaiden's combat, Astral Chain doesn't get anywhere near as much praise as it deserves, so cheers. Astral Chain is sooo good. Such a unique combat system and the OST is insane.

Hopefully we see Astral Chain 2 on the Switch 2.

octos

Neo Member
NGB then Sigma by far.
The main issue I have with DMC is the movement, it's not smooth at all, with almost no inertia, no wall running. Even the jump is terrible, it's mostly vertical.
And NG issue I have is the Ultimate Techniques, unfortunately they can be chained/abused and they make the combat much more simple and dumber. It would have been better to have a gauge filling and only then you would be able to use the UT, and then wait some minimum amount of time until it's read to start charging again (like Nioh).

octos

Neo Member
No issues were added except missing Ayane tutorial/guiding scroll voice overs (only in some versions). Some redundant paths and fetch quests were streamlined. Some of them were interesting, but the changes were mostly conservative.
The main issue is the Rachel levels, they break the flow of the original game. Also in the missions mode, some of the better missions got removed and replaced with worse ones. Also the cutscenes are worse, the original ones were 4:3 right? And in Sigma, they made them 16:9 by cropping the top and bottom, so you actually lose parts of the frame :/ Oh and one of the best cutscenes was completely removed because they made that part playable (first encounter with Doku). It would have been nice to still have that cutscene.
On the flipside, the graphics were greatly improved.

Last edited:
Top Bottom