• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2/17

Termite

My hopes:

New BotW 2 trailer.
Mario Golf reveal for summer.
2d Metroid reveal.
SMT proper reveal with gameplay.
Reveal/teaser of new Monolithsoft game.

Please let this be a good year for Nintendo. The last two years were so goddamn bad. Other than the incredible Ring Fit I barely use my Switch anymore, despite being desperate for games under a 6pm covid curfew here.

ebevan91

Any Fire Emblem rumors? DLC for Three Houses or maybe another remake? Could we see something FE related tomorrow besides another Smash character?

ultrazilla

Get dat bone on!!

4OnG.gif

EDIT: 45 minutes of Super Smash Bros and 5 minutes of Pokemon.
You know it's true.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Rat Rage

Gold Member
We'll probably see:

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Eternal Darkness 2
F-Zero HX
Chrono Trigger II
Final Fantasy 9 Remake (made by Grezzo)
The Conduit III
The Grinder (Switch Exclusive)
Metroid Prime Trilogy Remasterd
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Vandal Hearts Collection (1 + 2 Remasterd)
Tactics Ogre 2
Final Fantasy Tactics 2
Bayonetta 3
Amored Core Remake (Remake of the first Amored Core Game)
Breath of Fire 7
Ridge Racer Type 4 Remake

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
We'll probably see:

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Eternal Darkness 2
F-Zero HX
Chrono Trigger II
Final Fantasy 9 Remake (made by Grezzo)
The Conduit III
The Grinder (Switch Exclusive)
Metroid Prime Trilogy Remasterd
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Vandal Hearts Collection (1 + 2 Remasterd)
Tactics Ogre 2
Final Fantasy Tactics 2
Bayonetta 3
Amored Core Remake (Remake of the first Amored Core Game)
Breath of Fire 7
Ridge Racer Type 4 Remake
giphy.gif

e&e

Banned
I LITERALLY just thought to myself how Nintendo hasn’t had a Direct in a long time so the next one my be big and around the corner, only to scroll down and see this thread lol.

Fbh

My Hopes:
New Info on BoTW2 and Bayonetta 3.
Some big new announcements including a glimpse at what Monolith is doing next
Sakurai is finally free to make non Smash stuff.

My expectations:
Overpriced ports
$60 indie tier games
Smash DLC

Last edited:

Woopah

It does? What games do we know about March to the end of the year?

I'm not saying it won't end up that way, but right now, I can't think of much.
So far the only dated first party games we know of in the West are Bravely Default 2 in Feb and Pokémon Snap in April.

I think it's fair to say that in this moment in time the confirmed lineup is very bad while thy potential lineup is very good.
My hopes:

New BotW 2 trailer.
Mario Golf reveal for summer.
2d Metroid reveal.
SMT proper reveal with gameplay.
Reveal/teaser of new Monolithsoft game.

Please let this be a good year for Nintendo. The last two years were so goddamn bad. Other than the incredible Ring Fit I barely use my Switch anymore, despite being desperate for games under a 6pm covid curfew here.
Two years? 2020 was shit but 2019 had lots of first party games.
"[...] information focused on available games like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and games coming to Nintendo Switch in the first half of 2021."
They always say this and they always going go beyond the timeline. For example, BOTW2 was announced at a Direct focused on 2019
Any Fire Emblem rumors? DLC for Three Houses or maybe another remake? Could we see something FE related tomorrow besides another Smash character?
FE 4 remake is likely within the next 12 months.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Hopefully something good (soon) -- haven't touched my Switch in a year, at least. I love the thing, but I need some more awesome exclusives.

mortal

Anything less than Zelda BOTW sequel, Metroid Prime 4, new Earthbound, new F-Zero, new Xenoblade/Monolith would be a tremendous disappointment. Let us gogogogogogo!!!!!
You really only have yourself to blame for your disappointment lol

SinDelta

How exciting!

Let's see how my Bingo goes

For Smash? Fools errend considering how many possibilities there are.
Rex or Elma as the other major Xenoblade rep.
Zelda Anniversary (Ocarina/Majora's Mask
Windwaker HD+Twilight Princess HD + Maybe Skyward Sword)
Possible collection of the 2D Games (Minish Cap/Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks)
Actual chance of third Oracle Game or Oracle Game Remakes (Since Link Between Worlds, Links Awakening Remake what comes next?)
Chance of full on Ocarina of Time Remake.
Downloadable character DLC for Age of Calamity
Xenoblade 3 or that other project Monolith Soft is working on
Metroid Prime 4 Update
Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster
Bayonetta 3 Update
No More Heroes 3 Update
BotW 2 full reveal trailer, info and release date

Last edited:

Kuranghi

The great thing for me is even if I don't info about all the big stuff - like Metroid Prime 4, BotW 2, new 2D Metroid, Bayonetta 3, etc - they always have smaller games in these that they just sorta toss out there for 30 seconds to a minute and usually I really want to see more of those games because they look the most innovative/unique/fun. Previous examples being: The Touryst, Good Job! and The Stretchers.

I'm still being optimistic about some big news though, hope everyone is excited too.

MAtgS

"[...] information focused on available games like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and games coming to Nintendo Switch in the first half of 2021."
You new here? "Focused on" doesn't mean "only showing". Didn't the last five times they used that wording.

Top Bottom