• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2/17

JimboJones

i agree that youtube sucks. there are still some good fun videos made by people not in it for the money if you dig deep enough but most of it is bullshit. people just looking for money. don't forget to subscribe and smash that like button. it really helps!!!!!

the adverts have got out of hand too. i don't mind a short one before a video but now you're getting 1 or 2 adverts that are sometimes 2-4 minutes long (yeah you can skip) and then like 2-3 during the video itself. i have an adblocker on my desktop but watching youtube on my TV is awful.
My youtube premium sub runs out in a couple of days, not looking forward to it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
My youtube premium sub runs out in a couple of days, not looking forward to it.
my spotify runs out soon so was thinking of getting the youtube premium as it seems good value since it has music + no ads but not sure about it on the music side.

Last edited:

JimboJones

my spotify runs out soon so was thinking of getting the youtube premium as it seems good value since it has music + no ads but not sure about it on the music side.
It's decent, not sure how it compares to spotify for music as i'm not a big music listener. I got it as an offer, like £1 for a month or something and let it run for another month at full price, I tend to marathon episodes of Good Mythical Morning or game grumps every once and a while and for that it was worth it, but i'm burnt out on them for the time being so not really worth it for just general youtube consumption, I can deal with the ads for the time being.

HotPocket69

Banned
FaY5hCu.gif

Velcro Fly

What are the odds the Switch gets some more Dragon Quest? I know the JP direct is way more likely to have something about DQ if something was announced but I can't help but hope.

GinSama

I hope and pray for X, it's the last big Wii U game I missed

with all the ports and still nothing about this xenoblade.
Piss me off because back in the day didn’t bought and now I regret. Played the xenoblade chronicles but x I much more interesting for me .

Papacheeks

Banned
with all the ports and still nothing about this xenoblade.
Piss me off because back in the day didn’t bought and now I regret. Played the xenoblade chronicles but x I much more interesting for me .

This was my room mate who literally was in love with the switch for the first 2 years. But he literally wasn't seeing anything that he wanted to play coming anytime soon. He was holding out for that Breath of the wild sequel which was the game that got him into the switch.

Honestly in my opinion Nintendo has been shitty with the types of titles they have released in a year slate. Even their pokemon game isn't rated even as closely as the 3DS releases. Their biggest game last year was Animal crossing, and thats it. They re-released mario collection and limited its release which is fucking stupid.

Honestly indie and third party have been keeping switch relevant.

I hope we see bayonetta 3 end of this year.

Rat Rage

Gold Member
Expectations:

Zelta Breath of the Wild 2
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Zelda Skyward Sword HD
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Prime 4

Reality:

New fighters for Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Another expansion for Pokemon Sword/Shield

I would love to have Zelda Skyward Sword HD. Even on Wii, everything was mostly done with the Wiimotes' gyro-sensors. It would be a perfect fit for the Switch's Joycons.

Termite

The idea of a Metroid Prime Collection is interesting, because it's not straightforward.

Firstly, Nintendo rarely bundles 3 games for one price like that... except that they did with the Metroid Prime Trilogy, so gamers will expect all three together.

Still, remastering all three games is far more work than Nintendo would usually be willing to do for just $60 and I can't see it. So will we get all three, up-rezzed but with no changes to the assets (a la Mario 3d All-Stars), or proper remasters with major improvements but sold separately?

Secondly, how to handle the controls? Many people (like me) think that motion control with the Wiimote is the best way to play the whole trilogy. But there's no IR pointer on Switch, and gyro controls won't play nice with handheld. So... what's the solution? And if it's to use the control scheme from Primes 1 and 2, do you retrofit that onto 3? And what happens to the motion controls then? Or do you finally make the right stick into an FPS style look control?

So what seems like an easy slam dunk release is actually fascinating in terms of how they might go about it.

JimboJones

What are the odds the Switch gets some more Dragon Quest? I know the JP direct is way more likely to have something about DQ if something was announced but I can't help but hope.
Seems like a shot in the dark, apart from maybe another Dragon Quest builder game or retro ports what else is there?

Bragr

Banned
Most likely
New Smash Fighter
Zelda Anniversary Collection
New Zelda Switch Model
Bunch of new Zelda merchandise
New Animal Crossing seasonal update info (and showing off whatever that mario crossover event is gonna be)
New stuff from Monster Hunter Rise
Hyrule Warriors dlc
Several new indie games coming soon to the Switch

Somewhat likely
Metroid Prime Trilogy spring release date
Some new teaser from Breath of the Wild 2 at the end (since it's zelda anniversary and all)
Hollow Knight 2 trailer, release date and info
Depending on the games in the collection, there is a good chance the remastered Wind Waker and Twilight Princess games will be ported over, maybe the collection is something like ocarina, majora and skyward or something

Not likely but not like it's a snowball chance in hell
Pikmin 4 releases this spring/summer (foreshadowed by pikmin 3 deluxe)
OR
Bayonetta 3 releases this spring/summer

Snowball chance in hell

Metroid Prime 4 coming this summer

carlosrox

Banned
I'm hoping they have a Metroid double-tease: Fortnite Samus (to be the Nintendo representative to go along with Kratos and Master Chief), and then the big news being some footage of Prime 4 or a 2D Metroid. :)

Yup. All of this right here.

Samus in Fortnite would be just awesome.

And definitely in for 2D Metroid along with Prime 4.

Most likely
New Smash Fighter
New Zelda Switch Model
New Animal Crossing seasonal update info (and showing off whatever that mario crossover event is gonna be)
Hyrule Warriors dlc

Somewhat likely
Some new teaser from Breath of the Wild 2 at the end (since it's zelda anniversary and all)
Depending on the games in the collection, there is a good chance the remastered Wind Waker and Twilight Princess games will be ported over, maybe the collection is something like ocarina, majora and skyward or something

OR

Snowball chance in hell
At this point I would like news on Metroid Prime 4 at all. Just something

Andyliini

Gold Member
Sadly, I won't be able to watch this live, as it airs in the middle of the night. I'll just wake up earlier, and watch it in the morning then. Hope I remember not to open Twitter early, so I won't get spoiled.

Rat Rage

Gold Member
Fuck the joycons. If I ever considered playing Skyward Snored again it would have to be with the Pro Controller.

Pro Controller for EVERYTHING.

tumblr_inline_njxqiwv5WJ1r8z4qq.gif

Dude, go with the times. Motion controls are for real men! Dual-Analog controls are so ancient... Also, Zelda SS was literaly designed for motion controls. The whole game is like that. If you didn't like it's gameplay, then the game simply wasn't for you.

Hail motion controls and new gameplay concepts!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would think given Goldens success on Steam it would make sense to port Royal also.
I enjoyed P5 but I’m kind of had it with the game, It’s time for Atlus give some love to Shin Megami Tensei Series.......their actual flagship title.

Last edited:

SinDelta

I enjoyed P5 but I’m kind of had it with the game, It’s time for Atlus give some love to Shin Megami Tensei Series.......their actual flagship title.
I know Persona is a spin-off. I've heard that SMT is way darker and more occult themed?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hopefully they keep it more first party and drop an indie/third party one next week...
I really like Nintendo’s first party but personally I'm much more excited for their third party games like Monster Hunter Rise, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei V, No More Heroes 3, Bravely Default 2 and hopefully Great Ace Attorney.

Codes 208

Gold Member
Hopefully they keep it more first party and drop an indie/third party one next week...
Well indies usually have their own dedicated events so I’m not particularly worried there. Third parties maybe but honestly even that’s fine by me. I just want games

belmarduk

Most likely
New Smash Fighter
New Zelda Switch Model
Hyrule Warriors dlc

Somewhat likely

OR

Snowball chance in hell

So where would new BOTW2 trailer fit into your list? The game itself is probably not coming before the holidays but it would be fantastic to get some more info on it.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Just in case they DON'T actually release Samus Aran on Fortnite, here is my updated attempt. :)

Zero-Suit-Samus-Fortnite.jpg

Here's the customization parts I used:

Outfit: DYNAMO DANCER
Suit pattern: BIONIC FORGE
Head style: HAIRSTYLE B
Eye mask / Belt: OFF
Primary material: METALIC / SKY BLUE
Secondary material: METALIC / BLUE
Hair tint color: MUSTARD
Sticker: CYCLO SWIRL

Last edited:

Bluecondor

How about a DLC for Ring Fit Adventure or maybe even Ring Fit Adventure II?

While this is admittedly wishful thinking on my part, the game sold 8 million copies as of December 2020. That is a really nice install base for the ring fit controller, as a new game using the controller would likely be really popular among the 8 million who own the controller.

This is pure speculation on my part, but as I play Ring Fit Adventure and battle the various generic characters in the game, I often wonder what it would be like if Nintendo characters from other well known first party franchises like Mario and Zelda, etc. were the combatants in the game. In fact, when you think about it, the worlds in Ring Fit Adventure II could be versions of worlds that have previously appeared in beloved Nintendo games.

Again, probably wishful thinking, but 8 million Ring Fit controllers out there is a nice number for a new game or maybe even a paid DLC.

Woopah

I can see Infinity Strash or the next DQ Monsters being shown in this.
is there any true of rumours about a new expansion for Pokemon Sword/Shield?
Unlikely. They'll be announcing gen 4 remakes next week.
I doubt they would show 50 minutes of first party only. This will have both types of games like the other general Directs.

bender

What time is it?
Just in case they DON'T actually release Samus Aran on Fortnite, here is my updated attempt. :)

Here's the updated customization parts I used:

On the one hand:

200.gif

On the other hand, Fortnte:
IdleEminentBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

JimboJones

Here's the updated customization parts I used:

Dang! I thought that was official as I was casually scrolling through the thread.

Top Bottom