• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct June 21 - What Will We See?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Kid Icarus Uprising HD.
fist-bump-boom.gif

Chastten

Banned
Honestly, I'm still expecting new hardware in the next 12 months so I don't expect a lot of big, high-profile announcements for Switch right now.

I'd love some remasters that are stuck on old hardware to fill up the remainder of this year though. Xenoblade Chronicles X, Wind Waker, Kid Icarus Uprising and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door would instantly make this one of the best years ever for me. Sure, they'd be remakes, but I never got around to playing KIU, I never finished PM:TYD or WW for various reasons, and XCX is a game I can easily sink another 150 hours in during the holidays.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Metroid Prime 4
Annnnnnd
"We're going to reveal the Switch 2 next year"

You can't beat the king, babyyyy

TexMex

Don’t care unless it’s Wind Waker/TTYD, but it’s irrelevant because I don’t think there’s going to be a Direct next week.

MiguelItUp

Why do we think Nintendo has a Direct......
I'm assuming a random 4chan post or something on Twitter that really gives no confirmation other than "because I said so." 🤦‍♂️

I mean, it WOULD make sense to see a Nintendo direct at some point this month. But until we're actually told, I'd take everything with a grain of salt.

Krathoon

They may very well introduce a new console coming out next year or Christmas.

It would be hilarious if it was Christmas.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I would like to see Metroid Prime 4, and I would love to see it evolve the genre to something fresh. I wouldn't mind a retread but hoping for a surprise.

Wow many of you guys are in for such a big disappointment. Even if we get one next week. And these rumors are flimsy at best, it would probably be a Partner Mini and then you’re all gonna bitch that it’s not a General Direct, even though Nintendo never said anything.

They may very well introduce a new console coming out next year or Christmas.

It would be hilarious if it was Christmas.
The timing doesn’t line up at all. And it’s way too early to announce hardware for holiday. All the sales between now and then would dry up, they wouldn’t do that.

Ashler

Confirmation on Metroid Prime 2 & 3 would be great. Maybe a look at Silksong? Those would be all I want from the Switch at this point.

Woopah

Wow many of you guys are in for such a big disappointment. Even if we get one next week. And these rumors are flimsy at best, it would probably be a Partner Mini and then you’re all gonna bitch that it’s not a General Direct, even though Nintendo never said anything.
Even if they next one is a partner mini, they do need a General Direct sometime this Summer so they can announce their August to December first party games.
The timing doesn’t line up at all. And it’s way too early to announce hardware for holiday. All the sales between now and then would dry up, they wouldn’t do that.
Not that that I think we are getting Switch 2 this year but it's definitely not "too early" to announce it. Just look at when PS5 and Xbox Series were announced

Top Bottom