• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

zigg

They need to make a 3DS native version, with Download Play. It should also be more arcade-focused.
Arcade-focused?

I'd be happy with some much better extra levels, on par with the originals. The new levels were terrible. Take out the 1P mode, too.

Arcade-focused?
Yeah, closer to the GBA/DSi versions; I loved Adventures but it's a lot harder to get the same four people together to go through a whole game like that as opposed to doing more random skirmish type adventures. Random levels (or did the original already do that?), a good stats system (tracking completed levels, kill, gem counts, etc.) would go a long way in pumping up replayability.

GRW810

For anyone saying Aura Aura Climber, yes. Of all the DSiWare I've bought on the eShop it's the only one other than Spotto and Pyoro that I've really enjoyed and didn't regret to any extent. Great game.

Paper Plane was a waste, Art Style Code is over priced. I really want Dark Void Zero and Shantae but the price of each is really putting me off.

Does anyone have anything to say about Flip the Core (DSiWare) or SpeedX? Good budget titles (like Gunman Clive) are always so appealing to me and I've had my eye on each of these. Oh and the 99 series (Bullets, Seconds and Moves).

DarkWish

I suppose this is relevant to the Nintendo Downloads topic...

The Save Data Transfer Tool to move save data from retail copies to downloadable copies on the 3DS is out now. I wanted Mario Kart 7 digitally so I went ahead and bought that, and I put together a video showing the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9cJ2DGiX0. It's rather quick and easy, so that's nice.

womp

Protip for Europeans. It is on Australian (and New Zealand) eShop, no need to miss out (anyone know why NOE would skip it). I wonder if to buy now as I hold little hope of the exchange rate improving :(

Also clone is a bit far as technically D4 own the game (they have most compile things). I guess they changed the graphics either due to not owning those or thought it would do better being bland.

Well, it certainly isn't a sequel. Lets just say 'clone' as in it is using the same gameplay mechanic. :p

Either way, well worth picking up even if the presentation isn't as fun as the former.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
netflixtviitwitter_zps2a434282.png

rpmurphy

I suppose this is relevant to the Nintendo Downloads topic...

The Save Data Transfer Tool to move save data from retail copies to downloadable copies on the 3DS is out now. I wanted Mario Kart 7 digitally so I went ahead and bought that, and I put together a video showing the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9cJ2DGiX0. It's rather quick and easy, so that's nice.
Reading through all the warnings takes way longer than the actual transfer. lol

rpmurphy

wait you have to buy the game twice in order to transfer?

:(

I thought it meant I could move my game to digital instead.
Yeah, the use case is rather limited. It's primarily for the games that were released before full games became available on the eShop (for people who prefer digital versions over physical). You can always trade in the physical games though afterwards, although you'd still be basically double-dipping money-wise.

DarkWish

wait you have to buy the game twice in order to transfer?

:(

I thought it meant I could move my game to digital instead.
It's a Save Data Transfer Tool, meaning it's a tool to transfer your save data. It's right in the name :p

I would like to get some other games digitally, but I don't think they're worth buying full price again. For Mario Kart 7 I did just because I know that'll be worth it to me personally.

JavyOO7

Sonic Racing is 29 bucks at the Wii U eShop right now.

I also want to thank for the many replies about DSi Software. Thanks guys. :)

Oxx

Luigi is already up on the euro store. Is it just an early update because of holidays, or does it usually happen this time and I have just never noticed?

Luigi is already up on the euro store. Is it just an early update because of holidays, or does it usually happen this time and I have just never noticed?

Official release day for Luigi is today (in UK at least). Mainly because, like you said, it's Easter break tomorrow.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looking at Italian eShop a few minutes ago, it seems Heroes of Ruin is already up for 24.99. Is it the same in other European eShops?

@MUWANdo

Banned
NA press release is up--Harmoknight on 3DS eShop, Legend of the River King (GBC) on 3DS VC, Sonic Kart and RE Revelations for 3DS retail downloads. No Wii U/WiiWare/DSiWare, no mention of the ZombiU patch, nothin',

joedick

NA press release is up--Harmoknight on 3DS eShop, Legend of the River King (GBC) on 3DS VC, Sonic Kart and RE Revelations for 3DS retail downloads. No Wii U/WiiWare/DSiWare, no mention of the ZombiU patch, nothin',

You make it sound like it's a bad week. Would a new WiiWare game have improved the lineup for you?

@MUWANdo

Banned
You make it sound like it's a bad week. Would a new WiiWare game have improved the lineup for you?

I was just clarifying things for people who think I omit things for no reason. I'm sure people who don't own a 3DS are gonna be disappointed.

Anyway, the Wii U version of Sonic Kart is on sale on the NA eShop--$29.99 until March 31. Not listed on the press release, either; saw it mentioned on the Sega blog.

BowieZ

Banned
So it's midnight here and I fell asleep before but mysteriously woke up! And hopefully only a few minutes away from the EU shop update.

The weird thing though is I didn't have any battery left in my 3DS at all, but also accidentally earlier tonight must have run over one of my charger's metal prongs with the wheels of my moveable bedframe so it bent about 30 degrees out of shape, and so I've spent the last 10 minutes freaking out, while figuring out the best way to bend it back into shape.

After a couple of tries I managed to use scissors to grip it and bend it backwards. In the dark lol.

zigg

NA press release is up

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=38188

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - MAR. 28, 2013

March 28, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
HarmoKnight™ – Beat drums, crash cymbals and smack enemies through more than 50 levels with unique boss fights. On your journey, you'll team up with multiple characters who can slide under obstacles, shoot musical arrows and pound out powerful beats with their drums. With more challenging speeds and unlockable stages, it's time to feel the music and find your rhythm to save Melodia.

Legend of the River King™ – Legend of the River King is a unique fishing RPG that offers two great modes of fishing fun. In Fish mode, choose a fishing spot to catch 40 species of fish, including the mystical Guardian Fish. In Raise mode, you must care for your own pet fish, and watch it change from egg to adult and evolve into a different species.

System Update Available for Nintendo 3DS
A downloadable update for the Nintendo 3DS system brings new features to the hand-held system. Learn what is included in this update by visiting http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/system-update.

Also new this week:
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Resident Evil® Revelations (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadsaPaU5tf.php.

GRW810

Shouldn't the eShop have been updated fifteen minutes ago? Waiting for my discounted EscapeVector and Fire Emblem demo.

Top Bottom