• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

JavyOO7

Give me a top 10 for DSi Ware and I'm sure I'd look into all of 'em. I love the digital offerings for 3DS eShop so far and I have so many more titles to buy in that store.

We have a saying here, 'you can take a horse to the river, but you can't make it drink'.

With DSiWare it's more like a tiny puddle of water that's full of sewage. Wish they'd kill the service off so I stop having to see "Dictionary Vol 2" in the Nintendo Download every damn week.

You have Shantae... and um... er...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
PiCTOBiTS ;_;

Boxlife is quite good as well. Anything in the ArtStyle series is a good bet. A Kappa's Trail too.

And of course Petit Computer, but it's hardly for everyone.

DSiWare is 98% shit, but there are a handful of decent titles, which is why you shouldn't ignore it.

GRW810

Speaking of DSi, I wish Nintendo would put some of the games on sale now. I know they didn't have such a policy back then but now Nintendo offer sales on the eShop DSiWare should be included. Send a memo to DSiWare developers offering them the chance to adjust their prices.

I have 25 eshop bucks, I have bought nothing from the eshop before, and I'm trying to decide what to buy

I'm planning on getting:

Crimson Shroud
Harmoknight
random FE DLC(I'll need more money for this)

StatsChu

Neo Member
For DSiWare there's Brain Age Express:Sudoku. Another good one is Birds and Beans from the original WarioWare game on GBA. I think its $1.99 or $2.99.

womp

For DSiWare there's Brain Age Express:Sudoku. Another good one is Birds and Beans from the original WarioWare game on GBA. I think its $1.99 or $2.99.

Bird & Beans is an old favorite of mine. I even bought it twice over the years (damned Nintendo DRM).

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
With DSiWare it's more like a tiny puddle of water that's full of sewage. Wish they'd kill the service off so I stop having to see "Dictionary Vol 2" in the Nintendo Download every damn week.

You have Shantae... and um... er...
Yes, I suppose that's exactly how that horse sees the river ; )

Chopper

It would just be cheaper and quicker if I got LM from bloody BIG W in 6 hours but damn how much I prefer digital copies.
Ah, yes. But this week's a bit of an anomoly, because of the bank holiday, so perhaps weegee will be availale after midnight tonight? I wouldn't put money on it, but I have my fingers crossed for you. Personally, I need that glow-in-the-dark cover, so I will be picking it up first thing in the morning along with a couple of Meloettas.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
My three favourite genres. You are my mortal enemy.

My favorite genre is COD genre, I don't know why I purchased the 3 D.S. or as known by me and my homies the 3 dog shit! LOL. when the ere are no COD genre games.

Now I'm everyone's mortal enemy :D

PS: this was a joke.

zigg

I spent a few hundred dollars on DSiWare back in the day and enjoyed most of it. I wouldn't rebuy all of it now, certainly—there was a good deal that I was like "yeah, that was great, I'm done"—but I think that there was a lot of good in that service that remains overlooked.

My favorite genre is COD genre, I don't know why I purchased the 3 D.S. or as known by me and my homies the 3 dog shit! LOL. when the ere are no COD genre games.

It is a bit weird that the system has no first person shooters, well aside from that perspective mode in Revelations. That said, looking forward to Cult County!

rjc571

Banned
Give me a top 10 for DSi Ware and I'm sure I'd look into all of 'em. I love the digital offerings for 3DS eShop so far and I have so many more titles to buy in that store.

1. anything Art Style (Boxlife is my fave)
2. Rabi Laby 1 & 2 (2 best games ever that literally nobody knows about)
3. Go! Go! Kokopolo (third best game ever that literally nobody knows about)
4. Pinball Pulse (best pinball game currently playable on 3DS)
5. Mr. Driller (never gets old)
6. Mighty Flip Champs (first game in the Mighty! series is still the best. Mighty Milky Way is worth checking out as well)
7. Shantae (pricey but worthy successor to GBC classic)
8. Trajectile (interesting touch screen puzzle game)
9. 10 Second Run (like a bite sized Super Meat Boy)
10. Divergent Shift (really interesting dual screen platformer where your character is mirrored on each screen)

I wish I could buy more DSiware, but you know... no fridge space :(

GRW810

6. Mighty Flip Champs (first game in the Mighty! series is still the best. Mighty Milky Way is worth checking out as well)
10. Divergent Shift (really interesting dual screen platformer where your character is mirrored on each screen)

I've never heard of Rabi Laby or Divergent Shift, will look into these. The latter sounds a little like Fractured Soul.

It's sorta lame that Skylanders is so popular. N-Space's DS Call of Duty games are actually quite good. A 3DS COD using the Reflex engine might be pretty decent.

rjc571

Banned
I've never heard of Rabi Laby our Divergent Shift, will look into these. The latter sounds a little like Fractured Soul.

The thing about Divergent Shift is that the main game is REALLY short for the price (it's $8 and you can probably finish it in an hour if you're good), but you can unlock secret levels by completing time trials, and the secret levels are INSANELY good. So if you don't take the time to unlock everything you probably won't get your money's worth, but if you do then the payoff is well worth it.

Add Snapdots to that list ^

Low budget Guru Logic Champ (GBA) clone.

Are the puzzles different or taken from that game?
I have 500 points on the DSiXL and this could be a good purchase, but I'd rather hunt down a Guru Logic Champ copy if the puzzles aren't new.

11. Mario vs DK
12. Dark Void Zero
13. Pro Jumper
14. Aura Aura Climber
15. A Kappa's Trail

The thing about Divergent Shift is that the main game is REALLY short for the price (it's $8 and you can probably finish it in an hour if you're good), but you can unlock secret levels by completing time trials, and the secret levels are INSANELY good. So if you don't take the time to unlock everything you probably won't get your money's worth, but if you do then the payoff is well worth it.

I never figured out how to beat the last bonus level (Hotschotch Pro). Wasted like 2 hours trying to get past a section with moving blocks and spikes but it was impossible. It still haunts me to this day.

rjc571

Banned
Are the puzzles different or taken from that game?
I have 500 points on the DSiXL and this could be a good purchase, but I'd rather hunt down a Guru Logic Champ copy if the puzzles aren't new.

11. Mario vs DK
12. Dark Void Zero
13. Pro Jumper
14. Aura Aura Climber
15. A Kappa's Trail

I never figured out how to beat the last bonus level (Hotschotch Pro). Wasted like 2 hours trying to get past a section with moving blocks and spikes but it was impossible. It still haunts me to this day.

I think I know which part you're referring to. It was near the end of the level, and you had to pick a particular time to start jumping through the maze of moving blocks, and you had to time it perfectly so that you would be in synch with all of the moving blocks in the sequence, but since you can't see all of the moving blocks at once you basically had to make a complete guess as to when you need to start jumping. (And I don't think the blocks all moved with the same timing, so they wouldn't always be perfectly in sync with each other or something.) Kind of a bullshit challenge, but I was able to beat it eventually. I think there's one more section to the level after that, which isn't as hard.

Add Snapdots to that list ^

Low budget Guru Logic Champ (GBA) clone.
Protip for Europeans. It is on Australian (and New Zealand) eShop, no need to miss out (anyone know why NOE would skip it). I wonder if to buy now as I hold little hope of the exchange rate improving :(

Also clone is a bit far as technically D4 own the game (they have most compile things). I guess they changed the graphics either due to not owning those or thought it would do better being bland.

Don't forget March of the Minis.
Its Minis March Again!

Anyway a question. I understand Minis March Again has the same ruleset as Miniland Mayhem (the retail release after it) of can't stop the minis once they move. As a result, if you already own that one is it so necessary?

Likewise if you own either March of the Minis might be worth hunting down a cartrdige for because the rules are different. You can stop minis moving and you can clear stages with some of them dead. Well at least thats what gameplay looked like and I've got a copy now...

Top Bottom