• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser Speaks Out Against Activision Blizzard

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser took over the position in 2019 for fan-favorite Reggie Fils-Aime. Bowser has not taken center stage as often as Reggie did during his tenure. But he appears to have taken a strong leadership stance in relation to the ongoing Activision Blizzard situation, calling it "distressing and disturbing."

According to Fanbyte, Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser recently sent out an email to all Nintendo of America employees and internal development teams, including the likes of Retro Studios and Next-Level Games. In the email, Bowser shared how the toxicity and sexual harassment within Activision Blizzard runs counter to what Nintendo stands for. He also noted that Nintendo is a company that stands for openness and inclusiveness, and that it even is working with the ESA to strengthen its stance against harassment and abuse in the workplace.

Along with all of you, I’ve been following the latest developments with Activision Blizzard and the ongoing reports of sexual harassment and toxicity at the company. I find these accounts distressing and disturbing, They run counter to my values as well as Nintendo’s beliefs, values and policies.

images

Closer

Activision is gonna tell someone Nintendo is an important partner and yaddayadda and keep releasing no games to their platform.

Maybe Sony, MS, and Nintendo need to ban all games made by Activision/Blizzard for the foreseeable future. Of course all 3 would have to do it, or it would be suicide for the lone console manufacturer that did.

Kagero

The dudes last name is Bowser and he works for Nintendo. Let this be a lesson kids that if you put your mind to it, you can be anything you want.

*Nightwing

THE NINTENDO AMERICA PRESIDENT IS NAMED BOWSER?!?!

Instantly googled to my disappointment they didn’t hire a Mario to be president of Nintendo Europe

Last edited:

tkscz

Would've been more sincere if done internally only in order to boost morale among employees. Once you say it on the internet, it's just for brownie points. It's not like Nintendo gets that many games from activition

Codes 208

THE NINTENDO AMERICA PRESIDENT IS NAMED BOWSER?!?!

Instantly googled to my disappointment they didn’t hire a Mario to be president of Nintendo Europe
He took over reggie’s spot over a year ago. Hes aware of the jokes (during his inauguration vlog, he had plushies of mario and luigi tied up behind him)

00_Zer0

Hey look, Gamexplain is being brave too! They refuse to review Activision games till ol' Bobby is gone. All this social commentary coming from these corporate companies sound fake and insincere. Gotta raise that social credit score I guess? Sorry, in the age of outrage mobs, and wokism I don't believe any of them.

Last edited:
Considering Bowser's basically been a big nothing compared to Reggie, this seems like this he took the chance to make a token statement just to draw attention to himself.

It kinda bothers me that this is all he's accomplished for Nintendo in all his years so far when Reggie made an impact right on day 1.

SkylineRKR

So if you don't comment, you're not against it or something?

What usually happens is that for the crowd, they'll make a stand, and when the dust settles they just continue on being partners as if nothing happened. The same happened with a local TV show, they said something nasty, sponsors backed out, and after a month silently renewed. This means nothing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Considering Bowser's basically been a big nothing compared to Reggie, this seems like this he took the chance to make a token statement just to draw attention to himself.

It kinda bothers me that this is all he's accomplished for Nintendo in all his years so far when Reggie made an impact right on day 1.
No one is going to come close to the paragons that Reggie and Iwata were. Doug Bowser has big shoes to fill and he isn't going to succeed.

Majukun

having worked for a big dev, i think this is kind of standard procedure

Would've been more sincere if done internally only in order to boost morale among employees. Once you say it on the internet, it's just for brownie points. It's not like Nintendo gets that many games from activition
as far as i understand it was internal, someone just found out about it

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Err... that's exactly what happened, if you read the story someone who worked for Nintendo who was sent this internal only email then leaked it out to some YouTube group who reported on it and its now out in the open...

How's anything meant to stay internal in that kind of environment? So unless you want to say that he knew that it was going to be leaked, or that he leaked it on purpose for brownie points which is only a theory at best, what you said would make it sincere is exactly what happened.

Last edited:

Ellery

They are all so brave now that Bobby Kotick is down and an easy target, but they all kept their mouth shut for months when they didn't want to risk their connections and moneyflow.

Still glad they are doing it and I think Bobby deserves prison. He also ruined Blizzard, which was basically (the greatest?) american video game studio that brought us Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo which made my early PC gamer days very happy.

Reactions: Fuz
Top Bottom